Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Gun Control/2nd Amendment
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gun Control/2nd Amendment Discuss Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control at the General Forum; Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control - Rasmussen Reports...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,168
Thanks: 808
Thanked 1,552 Times in 1,057 Posts
Default Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control - Rasmussen Reports
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

I am surprised it is that high.

I love this part..

Just 21% of all voters think it would be good for America if only government officials such as the police and military personnel were allowed to have guns.* This finding is*perhaps a bit*surprising given that Americans have a very high opinion of both their local police and the military.
But then*only 19% of voters trust the federal government to do the right thing all or most of the time.* Fifty-four percent (54%) consider the federal government today a threat to individual liberty rather than a protector of their rights.**
Most Americans believe the NRA’s gun policies make this country safer, perhaps in part because they tend to think more gun control will only hurt law-abiding citizens

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 300 H and H For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2017, 05:59 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,043
Thanks: 958
Thanked 1,163 Times in 737 Posts
Default Re: Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
I am surprised it is that high.

I love this part..

Just 21% of all voters think it would be good for America if only government officials such as the police and military personnel were allowed to have guns.* This finding is*perhaps a bit*surprising given that Americans have a very high opinion of both their local police and the military.
But then*only 19% of voters trust the federal government to do the right thing all or most of the time.* Fifty-four percent (54%) consider the federal government today a threat to individual liberty rather than a protector of their rights.**

Most Americans believe the NRA’s gun policies make this country safer, perhaps in part because they tend to think more gun control will only hurt law-abiding citizens

Regards, Kirk
Which is why I find most anti-2nd amendment loons to be hilarious. One minute they are claiming Bush and Trump are evil dictators, cop have a black man hunting license and the military is evil.But a high profile mass shooting happens and they think those are the only people who should have guns.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2017, 08:00 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
Which is why I find most anti-2nd amendment loons to be hilarious. One minute they are claiming Bush and Trump are evil dictators, cop have a black man hunting license and the military is evil.But a high profile mass shooting happens and they think those are the only people who should have guns.
This is why I find pro second amendment loons laughable. They don't trust law enforcement when it comes to guns but they do when it comes to race.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

Poll: Gun control support spikes after shooting
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,477
Thanks: 332
Thanked 1,747 Times in 1,073 Posts
Default Re: Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
This is why I find pro second amendment loons laughable. They don't trust law enforcement when it comes to guns but they do when it comes to race.
You are incorrect. Most 2d amendment supporters don't trust the LEO's or government at all.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2017, 08:45 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by loboloco View Post
You are incorrect. Most 2d amendment supporters don't trust the LEO's or government at all.
Gun owners are like children who never really grew up
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,477
Thanks: 332
Thanked 1,747 Times in 1,073 Posts
Default Re: Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Gun owners are like children who never really grew up
Actually, anti-gunners are the children. They believe big daddy will protect them.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Gun owners are like children who never really grew up
Mass murders are deranged left wing extremists.

Lets make a new law that prevent left wingers from owning guns. The problem will be solved, and life goes on...

I will never surrender my gun rights because some loony left wing idiot shot up a bunch of Republican country western fans.

Your in the minority you I%$#$. And your side lost the elections. Time to STFU.

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,919 Times in 13,934 Posts
Default Re: Only 28% Trust Feds to Fairly Enforce Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by loboloco View Post
Actually, anti-gunners are the children. They believe big daddy will protect them.
I don't need protection. I am big daddy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
28%, control, enforce, fairly, feds, gun, only, trust

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0