Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Gun Control/2nd Amendment
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gun Control/2nd Amendment Discuss An AR-15 in Every Home at the General Forum; Originally Posted by Mikeyy Do you live on the front line? They sell door locks. An AR doesn't seem like ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 12:01 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 36,079
Thanks: 17,936
Thanked 10,274 Times in 8,014 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Do you live on the front line? They sell door locks. An AR doesn't seem like a very good hunting weapon. But whatever makes yer boat float.
You know your opinions and that is about all you have is opinions. Well they carry a thread so far and become useless after a few uses.

What you know about fire arms is so dang little your opinion isn't worth expressing...

So either do some research of FIREARMS and the military use of them. Plus the training each infantry soldiers receives in using them.

And the results of their use by trained soldiers in combat vs non combat. That way you will realize there are many well trained ex soldiers who are not or get off holding any Fire Arm. That understand the workings of each weapon, and know the proper handling of all Fire Arms.
__________________

_ ... _ Improvise-Adapt-Over Come ... _ ...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ďMind like parachute - only function when open.Ē
...―...--- Charlie Chan
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlurp For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 12:38 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 68,666
Thanks: 21,906
Thanked 18,507 Times in 13,591 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

I am not a firearm affectionate I will admit. But I know that an AR is not a hunting rifle. I also have never needed a gun and I am 61 years old. I doubt I ever will. And like I always say, people buy guns under the pretense of saving their lives yet the same people don;t do a lick of exercise and will most likely die from not defending their pwn health.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
You know your opinions and that is about all you have is opinions. Well they carry a thread so far and become useless after a few uses.

What you know about fire arms is so dang little your opinion isn't worth expressing...

So either do some research of FIREARMS and the military use of them. Plus the training each infantry soldiers receives in using them.

And the results of their use by trained soldiers in combat vs non combat. That way you will realize there are many well trained ex soldiers who are not or get off holding any Fire Arm. That understand the workings of each weapon, and know the proper handling of all Fire Arms.
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,174
Thanks: 173
Thanked 5,088 Times in 3,695 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
I am not a firearm affectionate I will admit. But I know that an AR is not a hunting rifle. I also have never needed a gun and I am 61 years old. I doubt I ever will. And like I always say, people buy guns under the pretense of saving their lives yet the same people don;t do a lick of exercise and will most likely die from not defending their pwn health.
I am curious to see how some people "know" an AR is not a hunting rifle.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 01:51 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,522
Thanks: 7,175
Thanked 6,006 Times in 3,663 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
I am not a firearm affectionate I will admit. But I know that an AR is not a hunting rifle. I also have never needed a gun and I am 61 years old. I doubt I ever will. And like I always say, people buy guns under the pretense of saving their lives yet the same people don;t do a lick of exercise and will most likely die from not defending their pwn health.
Mikeyy, I get your apprehension, and your lack of firearms knowledge. I can understand that. But the fact that you claim the AR 15 or its clones is not a hunting rifle is totally irrelevalent. It's also inaccurate. AR's make fine hunting rifles. Neither are my Ruger Blackhawk or my Ruger LCR, my carry weapons. Also my take them out and blow up paper plates weapons. They are part of my self defense collection and my militia weapon collection if the need arises. There is nothing anywhere that says shall not be infringed is in any way restricted to hunting weapons. Or for having a well regulated militia. Guns or a lack of guns, like postage stamp collecting or 20 year old scotch are personal choices.

Your moving on to exercise is just another diversion. If I can lift my 4 pound Blackhawk, then it's a protection weapon.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 01:57 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,522
Thanks: 7,175
Thanked 6,006 Times in 3,663 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I am curious to see how some people "know" an AR is not a hunting rifle.
It says so right on the box. "This is not a hunting weapon".

The AR 15 is actually a very good hunting weapon. Particularly for younger and woman hunters. Light, adjustable stocks, available in many calibers, low recoil.
Easily customized.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 68,666
Thanks: 21,906
Thanked 18,507 Times in 13,591 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

You sound down right manly now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Mikeyy, I get your apprehension, and your lack of firearms knowledge. I can understand that. But the fact that you claim the AR 15 or its clones is not a hunting rifle is totally irrelevalent. It's also inaccurate. AR's make fine hunting rifles. Neither are my Ruger Blackhawk or my Ruger LCR, my carry weapons. Also my take them out and blow up paper plates weapons. They are part of my self defense collection and my militia weapon collection if the need arises. There is nothing anywhere that says shall not be infringed is in any way restricted to hunting weapons. Or for having a well regulated militia. Guns or a lack of guns, like postage stamp collecting or 20 year old scotch are personal choices.

Your moving on to exercise is just another diversion. If I can lift my 4 pound Blackhawk, then it's a protection weapon.
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 04:58 PM
Mellon_Collie's Avatar
Species 5618
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eastern Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,400
Thanks: 974
Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,115 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

Yes Mikeyy I get you don't know anything about guns, and your ideas of gun owners is a over simplified and factually incorrect. The reasons for gun ownership other than mainly being our right, are numerous, and in many cases specific to an area. Take my area, outside my door there are Black bears, cougars and wolves, so when you go out it a good idea to have some form of protection, not only for you but for any livestock and pets that you have. Another reason it, when you call the cops here its highly likely its going to take them 30 minutes to get, and if someone is breaking in, or threatening you chances are you don't have 30 mins. Finally to protect you land from the government, because its been taken by force once, it may happen again.
__________________
They say there is
NO MONEY FOR SCHOOLS, NO MONEY FOR HOMELESS, NO MONEY FOR VETERANS ..

So how is there ALWAY MONEY FOR WAR?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mellon_Collie For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 06:38 PM
Aide
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 153
Thanks: 43
Thanked 161 Times in 81 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
But I know that an AR is not a hunting rifle.
You don't know shyt. Merry Christmas anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 68,666
Thanks: 21,906
Thanked 18,507 Times in 13,591 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

For someone in your position it makes sense. I have a right to have a horse. But I don't need a horse and they don't go well in town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellon_Collie View Post
Yes Mikeyy I get you don't know anything about guns, and your ideas of gun owners is a over simplified and factually incorrect. The reasons for gun ownership other than mainly being our right, are numerous, and in many cases specific to an area. Take my area, outside my door there are Black bears, cougars and wolves, so when you go out it a good idea to have some form of protection, not only for you but for any livestock and pets that you have. Another reason it, when you call the cops here its highly likely its going to take them 30 minutes to get, and if someone is breaking in, or threatening you chances are you don't have 30 mins. Finally to protect you land from the government, because its been taken by force once, it may happen again.
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Mikeyy's Avatar
Enchanted One
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 68,666
Thanks: 21,906
Thanked 18,507 Times in 13,591 Posts
Default Re: An AR-15 in Every Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Link View Post
You don't know shyt. Merry Christmas anyway.
I know if I am going bird hunting I am taking a shotgun. If I am going deer hunting I would probably choose a 30.06. But I don't hunt much at all and haven't in many years. I don't need a side arm. Concealed or not. I bought a Mossberg Semiautomatic shotgun in 1999. It was for my wife because I wanted her to be able to make a lot of noise if she needed to fire it. We lived in the country and I was traveling a lot overseas. When I divorced her I gave her the gun. We never fired it. It was in it's case under the bed. Last time I went hunting a shotgun went off accidentally as I was getting in the pick up. Another guy was laying his gun down in the back of the truck. Boom, right through the back of the cab of the truck. The pellets even dented the gas tank. Missed me by about two feet. That was all I need to see. Haven't been hunting since then. That was around 1974. Shooting mud hens of all things. Ridiculous.
__________________
Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ar15, every, home

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0