Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Forum > Gun Control/2nd Amendment
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gun Control/2nd Amendment Discuss Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule at the General Forum; Originally Posted by saltwn you would think huh? but nope not so. Certainly not under b.o.'s executive order. He wants ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2016, 06:05 PM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,824
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 3,357 Times in 1,868 Posts
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
you would think huh? but nope not so.
Certainly not under b.o.'s executive order. He wants a doctor to be able to determine who can purchase a firearm, an unconstitutional violation of due process. Why would you pray for that?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lurch907 For This Useful Post:
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2016, 06:48 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,434
Thanks: 55,486
Thanked 26,304 Times in 18,829 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
Certainly not under b.o.'s executive order. He wants a doctor to be able to determine who can purchase a firearm, an unconstitutional violation of due process. Why would you pray for that?
I feel like saying 'you know nuthin, John Snow'

There is a lot of crap in the way of family trying to help loved ones with mental illness. Hippa is one big stumbling block.
Judges have to have testimony of psychiatric staff to send some one for evaluation and even then sometimes think they know more than the doctor or clinicians testifying.

Doctors and family and close friends know more than a police officer for sure and in this field more than a judge.
__________________
Russia planted stories and the GOP believed them.
That's too funnie.
The GOP is a joke.
~DB
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2016, 06:56 PM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,824
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 3,357 Times in 1,868 Posts
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I feel like saying 'you know nuthin, John Snow'

There is a lot of crap in the way of family trying to help loved ones with mental illness. Hippa is one big stumbling block.
Judges have to have testimony of psychiatric staff to send some one for evaluation and even then sometimes think they know more than the doctor or clinicians testifying.

Doctors and family and close friends know more than a police officer for sure and in this field more than a judge.
None of that justifies doing an end-run around due process. The courts can rule a person mentally incompetent and/or a danger to himself or others. ATF form 4473, must be filled out when purchasing firearm from a dealer, asks just that on question F. A doctor cannot, until this unconstitutional executive order, determine on his own who's rights can and cannot be infringed upon. Things like this are one of the reasons we have a court system.
Sorry salty but the constitution overrules your prayers.
Do you believe this executive order complies with due process? If so how did you come to that conclusion.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,553
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,205 Times in 8,267 Posts
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
Certainly not under b.o.'s executive order. He wants a doctor to be able to determine who can purchase a firearm, an unconstitutional violation of due process. Why would you pray for that?
Exactly. Liberal doctors can now use their status as doctors to spread their political ideologies.

It's almost as bad as banning anyone on the no-fly list from owning a gun. Anyone can end up on that list and will be used to prohibit legal, innocent gun owners from buying one.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2016, 09:11 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,434
Thanks: 55,486
Thanked 26,304 Times in 18,829 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
None of that justifies doing an end-run around due process. The courts can rule a person mentally incompetent and/or a danger to himself or others. ATF form 4473, must be filled out when purchasing firearm from a dealer, asks just that on question F. A doctor cannot, until this unconstitutional executive order, determine on his own who's rights can and cannot be infringed upon. Things like this are one of the reasons we have a court system.
Sorry salty but the constitution overrules your prayers.
Do you believe this executive order complies with due process? If so how did you come to that conclusion.
yes even a black muslim reverend wright supporter president can make an executive order regulating fire arms.
__________________
Russia planted stories and the GOP believed them.
That's too funnie.
The GOP is a joke.
~DB
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,355
Thanks: 553
Thanked 6,564 Times in 4,714 Posts
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
yes even a black muslim reverend wright supporter president can make an executive order regulating fire arms.
I thought Obama said he was Christian. Now you call him a black Muslim? Anyway, wait for Obama's cork to be stuck in him regarding this mad power grab.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Lollie's Avatar
Partisan de Trump
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,612
Thanks: 15,380
Thanked 14,386 Times in 8,804 Posts
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
yes even a black muslim reverend wright supporter president can make an executive order regulating fire arms.
Unconstitutional, sayeth Ted Cruz Et al.
__________________
....don’t look for House Democrats to actually begin doing the people’s business.
They’re too busy devising ways to undermine the President.
- Trey Gowdy
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,920 Times in 13,935 Posts
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

There is no process. There is only getting it done. QUOTE=lurch907;794378]How does any of that justify bypassing due process? If you have relatives that are so mentally ill they pose a danger to others then a JUDGE can declare them so and prevent them from passing a background check. A judge, not a doctor.[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,920 Times in 13,935 Posts
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Exactly. Liberal doctors can now use their status as doctors to spread their political ideologies.

It's almost as bad as banning anyone on the no-fly list from owning a gun. Anyone can end up on that list and will be used to prohibit legal, innocent gun owners from buying one.
It's a good idea. Obama and the rest of us can't sit around waiting for whiners to put peoples lives at risk by arming crazies. Time to grow up.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2016, 12:55 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,434
Thanks: 55,486
Thanked 26,304 Times in 18,829 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
Unconstitutional, sayeth Ted Cruz Et al.
Ted Cruz and his Dr Seuss buds have been derelict in their duties in bringing any important legislation to the floor in 8 years so I think I can safely say his opinion doesn't mean much. If he pays as much attention to constitutional law as he does his government job, he is probably not a good authority on the subject.
__________________
Russia planted stories and the GOP believed them.
That's too funnie.
The GOP is a joke.
~DB
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
can, control, doctors, fbi, gun, ill, mentally, new, patients, read, report, rule, some, under

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0