Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Wrinkles Forum > Feedback/Announcements
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feedback/Announcements Discuss Site Renewed at the Political Wrinkles Forum; Originally Posted by ShivaTD Is that real bacon of vegan bacon substitute? LOL...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2016, 06:57 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,089
Thanks: 1,846
Thanked 30,488 Times in 17,994 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Is that real bacon of vegan bacon substitute? LOL
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2016, 09:59 PM
treedancer's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St.Louis Mo.
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,241
Thanks: 807
Thanked 1,351 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
I'm glad you are able spring for the ~ $9.00 annual dot com name. (Free with hosting service)

Hosting service costs a bit more. For a website with the traffic PW gets, that must be about $75 a year.

While I do appreciate you (CNREDD) hosting this venue for us to air our political thoughts, I know it isn't expensive to do so. Unless one thinks $75 a year is expensive.

Bluehost, less than $50/year https://www.bluehost.com/
GoDaddy, about $100 a year https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting
1&1, about $60 a year https://www.1and1.com/web-hosting

All of the hosts include free domain name registration with hosting service.
WHAT a bull**** post.
__________________
"Someone as despicable as Hitler, who didn't even sink to the, to using chemical weapons."


Bagdad Sean
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2016, 11:11 PM
Lollie's Avatar
Temperate
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 16,390
Thanks: 13,577
Thanked 12,638 Times in 7,724 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedancer View Post
WHAT a bull**** post.
It's been dealt with tree, don't worry about it.
__________________
Thought is free -
William Shakespeare
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Bat Bat is offline
European-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 436
Thanks: 21
Thanked 296 Times in 178 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
It's nice to see that you've come down from your ivory tower and espouse things you know nothing of...From here on out, I'll call you "Joe Biden Junior"...

The links you show are for the minimal standards of hosting....Places that would run out of space or memory in the first few months...I've steadily increased the space and memory over the years to ensure we don't run out of either...

Also, my last thread about renewal shows the ACTUAL cost...which is far from the paltry $60 a year...This every-six-months renewal is the same...



That's over TEN TIMES your measly introduction pricing...

But most important of all, why did you poison this thread with your holier-than-thou attitude?...Did you think the other members would think more highly of you?...Did you think you were exposing me as some sort of shiester?...

Before you post, I didn't know much about you...Now I know all there is to know...
I wasn't trying to poison the thread, just pointing out other options.
I've paid for hosting service for message boards, a tiny retail site and for my dad that simply wanted to show off his collection of artifacts. So I do know something about paying for hosting services.
Paying for and maintaining the software license that runs this board is probably near as costly as the hosting.

Nope, I don't think you are a shiester, I think you are probably a pretty honest person with a passion for politics so that is why you run this board. I'm not sure why you would jump to the "shiester", "Ivory Tower" or 'Holier-than-thou" comments/conclusions. I'm a simple man, so you kinda caught me off guard with those accusations.

There is much more to know about me, than that one post that angered you. Sorry for offending you.

As for the purpose of discussing politics and current events on this board, I can stay or move on. If you want me to move on, say so and I will do so, else I will stick around.
__________________
..- ... / -.-. --- -. ... - .. - ..- - .. --- -.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 09:13 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,089
Thanks: 1,846
Thanked 30,488 Times in 17,994 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
I wasn't trying to poison the thread, just pointing out other options.
I've paid for hosting service for message boards, a tiny retail site and for my dad that simply wanted to show off his collection of artifacts. So I do know something about paying for hosting services.
Paying for and maintaining the software license that runs this board is probably near as costly as the hosting.

Nope, I don't think you are a shiester, I think you are probably a pretty honest person with a passion for politics so that is why you run this board. I'm not sure why you would jump to the "shiester", "Ivory Tower" or 'Holier-than-thou" comments/conclusions. I'm a simple man, so you kinda caught me off guard with those accusations.

There is much more to know about me, than that one post that angered you. Sorry for offending you.
Thanks for the clarification...As you can see by the "Thanks" I received from that post, the other members saw your post the same way I did...It DID come across badly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
As for the purpose of discussing politics and current events on this board, I can stay or move on. If you want me to move on, say so and I will do so, else I will stick around.
Stick around....Maybe you can work on your communication skills...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 10:41 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,793
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 4,049 Times in 3,027 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Ug I have to put with you people for two more years? It'll be fun

TY cnredd
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 11:02 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,089
Thanks: 1,846
Thanked 30,488 Times in 17,994 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
Ug I have to put with you people for two more years? It'll be fun

TY cnredd
I put more banana peels around your refrigerator...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 11:10 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,793
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 4,049 Times in 3,027 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
I put more banana peels around your refrigerator...
Pffft after Friday when I have surgery my neck is going to be made out of titanium! We're talking x-men style Wolverine deluxe biatch!
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 11:11 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 51,089
Thanks: 1,846
Thanked 30,488 Times in 17,994 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
Pffft after Friday when I have surgery my neck is going to be made out of titanium! We're talking x-men style Wolverine deluxe biatch!
All I read was "Aim for the knees"...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 11:15 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,793
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 4,049 Times in 3,027 Posts
Default Re: Site Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
All I read was "Aim for the knees"...
Won't feel it on Saturday!
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
renewed, site

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/feedback-announcements/47516-site-renewed.html
Posted By For Type Date
Political Wrinkles This thread Refback 07-31-2016 09:12 AM
Political Wrinkles This thread Refback 07-31-2016 07:06 AM
Political Wrinkles This thread Refback 07-31-2016 07:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0