Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Entertainment, Music & Sports
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Entertainment, Music & Sports Discuss Washington's football team at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by saltwn The RW pretty much canceled Colin Kaepernick's entire career after he peacefully took a knee during ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2021, 11:00 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,890
Thanks: 831
Thanked 7,431 Times in 5,314 Posts
Default Re: Washington's football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
The RW pretty much canceled Colin Kaepernick's entire career after he peacefully took a knee during the anthem, pressuring Football owners so much he became a pariah.

Senator Cheney was cancelled at CPAC, a forum that was actually themed "uncancelled."


Look:


Christmas is a holiday when banks and govt offices are closed so no canceling there. But let some college add evening hours to access the cafeteria during Ramadan, and rw'rs cry bloody murder.
So yeah liberals don't have a monopoly on cancel culture, guys.


Colin is an ass hole. And Muslims trying to have some college cafeterias open up after hours during Ramalamadingdong, is that it? I have a bag of prunes they can eat, any time.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2021, 02:34 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,839
Thanks: 56,814
Thanked 26,744 Times in 19,203 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Washington's football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
"Senator" Cheney was stripped of her leadership position by vote of the House Republican caucus after the Republican party in her home district voted to censor her. She retained her committee assignments and has agreed to join Nancy Pelosi's lynching party supposedly investigating the Capitol incursion.

Republican Marjorie Taylor Green was stripped of her committee assignments by the Democrat House caucus. That's right, in a display of arrogance and dictatorial hubris House Democrats declared themselves in charge of Republican committee assignments. Itís the same stupid Democrat maneuver that led them to discard the filibuster for judicial appointments. No doubt Democrats will scream when the Republicans exercise the same veto power over committee assignments after they take back the majority.
The difference in the two congress women is Marge is a rabble rouser who is making a fast buck off the pain she's causing her own constituents, while Cheney, a respected senior member of her party, was thrown under a bus named Cult-ville.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2021, 02:40 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,839
Thanks: 56,814
Thanked 26,744 Times in 19,203 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Washington's football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Colin is an ass hole. And Muslims trying to have some college cafeterias open up after hours during Ramalamadingdong, is that it? I have a bag of prunes they can eat, any time.
they already have added hours to accommodate the Muslim faith in some NW schools, just as they accommodate Christians by shutting down the whole school for Christmas.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2021, 03:11 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,719 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: Washington's football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
The RW pretty much canceled Colin Kaepernick's entire career after he peacefully took a knee during the anthem, pressuring Football owners so much he became a pariah.

Senator Cheney was cancelled at CPAC, a forum that was actually themed "uncancelled."


Look:


Christmas is a holiday when banks and govt offices are closed so no canceling there. But let some college add evening hours to access the cafeteria during Ramadan, and rw'rs cry bloody murder.
So yeah liberals don't have a monopoly on cancel culture, guys.
Colin cancelled himself, all by himself. Aside from being at best a mediocre quarterback, nobody sits down on an afternoon with a bag of Cheetos and a six pack intending to watch a political protest.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2021, 03:34 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,890
Thanks: 831
Thanked 7,431 Times in 5,314 Posts
Default Re: Washington's football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
they already have added hours to accommodate the Muslim faith in some NW schools, just as they accommodate Christians by shutting down the whole school for Christmas.
Your comparison sucks. Never mind attempting to clarify.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2021, 06:11 PM
Gordon Shumway's Avatar
pfgeneration pfx
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,210
Thanks: 2,347
Thanked 3,934 Times in 2,273 Posts
Default Re: Washington's football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
The RW pretty much canceled Colin Kaepernick's entire career after he peacefully took a knee during the anthem, pressuring Football owners so much he became a pariah.
no no no.
the kaepernick thing started before the third preseason game when he was not named the starter.
he sat on the bench pouting - it was not a protest. that bullschitt came later.
before the protest he was likely going to get released. because no team keeps a $12million backup qb on their roster. but after the protests started he kept his job in part because the owner didn't want to deal with racism allegations considering he had just hired a coach who had been accused of racism in the past, including the previous nfl team he coached.
but the big kicker was when it came time to flex his option he opted out of his contract - he decided to quit.
he appears to have intentionally sabotaged chances to get back into the nfl. once by burning a bridge with ray lewis and the ravens. then again by making nfl scouts jump thru hoops to watch him workout.
once he opted out of his contract he had no intention of ever playing another down in the nfl. he became more valuable out of the nfl as long as he could sell the blackballed bullschitt story.
and obviously a lot of folks bought it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Shumway For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2021, 06:20 PM
Gordon Shumway's Avatar
pfgeneration pfx
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,210
Thanks: 2,347
Thanked 3,934 Times in 2,273 Posts
Default Re: Washington's football team

by the way...
the redskins should have kept their name and changed their mascot to a potato.



or maybe change to the caucasians...

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gordon Shumway For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2021, 10:50 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,839
Thanks: 56,814
Thanked 26,744 Times in 19,203 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Washington's football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
no no no.
the kaepernick thing started before the third preseason game when he was not named the starter.
he sat on the bench pouting - it was not a protest. that bullschitt came later.
before the protest he was likely going to get released. because no team keeps a $12million backup qb on their roster. but after the protests started he kept his job in part because the owner didn't want to deal with racism allegations considering he had just hired a coach who had been accused of racism in the past, including the previous nfl team he coached.
but the big kicker was when it came time to flex his option he opted out of his contract - he decided to quit.
he appears to have intentionally sabotaged chances to get back into the nfl. once by burning a bridge with ray lewis and the ravens. then again by making nfl scouts jump thru hoops to watch him workout.
once he opted out of his contract he had no intention of ever playing another down in the nfl. he became more valuable out of the nfl as long as he could sell the blackballed bullschitt story.
and obviously a lot of folks bought it.
thanx for setting the record straight. I didn't know/ keep up before the broo haha. on the other hand I caught some of the work out news and disagree with you on that.
And other players taking a knee is fine with me. Our country was built on freedom to do protest imho. I still think those who stomped their foot about the other players' quiet protest of police brutality was cancel culture.
But I always appreciate your clear headed posts.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2021, 10:55 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,839
Thanks: 56,814
Thanked 26,744 Times in 19,203 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Washington's football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Your comparison sucks. Never mind attempting to clarify.
Wouldn't think of it since it's clear as a bell already.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
football, team, washington

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0