Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Dave1 First off, I NEVER said it was a "defense"..... Secondly, not all democrats claim there is ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2020, 09:45 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,915
Thanks: 10,265
Thanked 13,877 Times in 7,573 Posts
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
First off, I NEVER said it was a "defense".....

Secondly, not all democrats claim there is zero voter fraud. That ilk is full of **** and no one takes them seriously....


BTW, there is no way to get rid of voter fraud....

It's like the war on drugs, war on poverty, war on fat people, etc....

There always has been an element of fraud in our elections and that goes back to George Washington....
Once again you deflect.

If there is no way to get rid of voter fraud then it is somehow acceptable? If it is "acceptable" can we therefore be reckless in how we go about elections?

WTH,,; why then have them at all?
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2020, 10:09 PM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,444
Thanks: 4,320
Thanked 5,444 Times in 3,209 Posts
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Once again you deflect.

If there is no way to get rid of voter fraud then it is somehow acceptable?
Once again you come up with another bogus contention.....


I NEVER said voter fraud was acceptable.....

Your question is moot...

It's not good but, it exists and always has.....

Deal with reality more often and you won't get so poutraged with things that can't be "fixed".....
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2020, 03:36 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,915
Thanks: 10,265
Thanked 13,877 Times in 7,573 Posts
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
Once again you come up with another bogus contention.....


I NEVER said voter fraud was acceptable.....

Your question is moot...

It's not good but, it exists and always has.....

Deal with reality more often and you won't get so poutraged with things that can't be "fixed".....
Of course you didn't say it. You said " there is no way to get rid of voter fraud...."
Implying, in the context of your post, that we should except it as fact, at the very least.

Your argument is one of semantics.
Typical liberal deflctive sh!t.



I'm saying "no," we should not except that it will always exist. And that we should not employ methods that allow it. Mail voting is proven rife with fraud from both sides of the aisle.

Voting is a right, not a privilege. You have the "right" to exercise it. Whilst there are special reasons to have alternatives, the government has no need to facilitate it for those who won't put forth the energy to do it "In Person" simply as an excuse for the preventing voter suppression. Absentee ballots and mail in ballots are historically rife with fraud. In person voting is how you "fix" it!
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 06-28-2020 at 03:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2020, 12:33 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,620
Thanks: 56,102
Thanked 26,491 Times in 18,983 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Of course you didn't say it. You said " there is no way to get rid of voter fraud...."
Implying, in the context of your post, that we should except it as fact, at the very least.

Your argument is one of semantics.
Typical liberal deflctive sh!t.



I'm saying "no," we should not except that it will always exist. And that we should not employ methods that allow it. Mail voting is proven rife with fraud from both sides of the aisle.

Voting is a right, not a privilege. You have the "right" to exercise it. Whilst there are special reasons to have alternatives, the government has no need to facilitate it for those who won't put forth the energy to do it "In Person" simply as an excuse for the preventing voter suppression. Absentee ballots and mail in ballots are historically rife with fraud. In person voting is how you "fix" it!
give me a link to absentee ballots being rife with fraud.
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2020, 07:42 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,501
Thanks: 9,199
Thanked 6,612 Times in 3,798 Posts
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
First off, I NEVER said it was a "defense".....

Secondly, not all democrats claim there is zero voter fraud. That ilk is full of **** and no one takes them seriously....


BTW, there is no way to get rid of voter fraud....


It's like the war on drugs, war on poverty, war on fat people, etc....

There always has been an element of fraud in our elections and that goes back to George Washington....
So why put policies in place to make it easier to commit voter fraud? Frank is correct. If you want to secure your vote, show up at the polling station and cast it.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2020, 07:43 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,501
Thanks: 9,199
Thanked 6,612 Times in 3,798 Posts
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
mail in ballots are nothing new. they are called 'absentee'
if someone is trying fraud they should be punished
but from other stories about voter fraud by dems this is probably not that.
at any rate suppression is a much greater problem right now. how come you don't care about that?
You should educate yourself on the topic at hand if you want to be taken seriously. This is NOT about absentee voting.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2020, 04:13 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,501
Thanks: 9,199
Thanked 6,612 Times in 3,798 Posts
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2020, 06:00 PM
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,869
Thanks: 385
Thanked 2,178 Times in 1,296 Posts
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
mail in ballots are nothing new. they are called 'absentee'
if someone is trying fraud they should be punished
but from other stories about voter fraud by dems this is probably not that.
at any rate suppression is a much greater problem right now. how come you don't care about that?
Once again, you are incorrect. Absentee ballots must be requested, by law.
Mail in ballots are not required to be requested, and can be mailed to the last known address of a registree without their prior knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2020, 07:23 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,915
Thanks: 10,265
Thanked 13,877 Times in 7,573 Posts
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
give me a link to absentee ballots being rife with fraud.
Excuse me, I did not refer to absentee ballots. I was referring to mail in ballots.

To get an absentee ballot one must prove authenticity of the request and the election board must send ONE ballot in that persons name to the known address. It has ONE security code attached to that name. It can be monitored.
Shotgun blast of blank ballots require less verification going out. And far less verification coming back. Finally there is no secure chain of custody. So, with no authenticity of proper possession it is easy to stuff ballots, or destroy them.

However, since you asked there are two notable links. Here's one
https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04/...il-in-ballots/

The other is found in the FRIGGIN OP OF THIS TREAD

TO WIT:
Both Jackson, 48, and Mendez, 45, were charged with fraud in casting mail-in votes, unauthorized possession of ballots, tampering with public records and falsifying or tampering with records, according to the statement. Mendez was additionally charged with election fraud and false registration or transfer.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 06-29-2020 at 07:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2020, 08:42 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,733
Thanks: 12,166
Thanked 13,082 Times in 7,651 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Voting Fraud Charges Filed Against Paterson Councilman and Councilman-Elect

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
mail in ballots are nothing new. they are called 'absentee'
if someone is trying fraud they should be punished
but from other stories about voter fraud by dems this is probably not that.
at any rate suppression is a much greater problem right now. how come you don't care about that?
Absentee ballots are sent by request of the voter. Mail in voting has every voter on the roll receiving a ballot in the mail. Doesn't matter if you haven't voted in a couple of elections or have moved, etc. The NJ election was strictly mail in there were no polling places open. It's not the same as absentee ballots.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
against, and, charges, councilman, councilmanelect, filed, fraud, paterson, voting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0