Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die at the Political Forums; whoops. the jig is up about the census question Turns out it is about voter suppression. You Tube You Tube...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 01:16 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,016
Thanks: 55,344
Thanked 26,233 Times in 18,768 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

whoops.
the jig is up about the census question
Turns out it is about voter suppression.
__________________
Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright.~Serwer|The Atlantic
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 08:04 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,577
Thanks: 10,923
Thanked 11,510 Times in 6,858 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

I refuse to indulge your spamming with videos of Left wing crackpot conspiracy theories. If the census question is about citizenship status then by definition it's not voter suppression. As much as Democrats would like to inflate the voter rolls by letting noncitizens vote it's still illegal for them to do so in all but a few local district elections.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 10:16 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,855
Thanks: 9,034
Thanked 12,483 Times in 6,882 Posts
Default Re: DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

If the census question somehow suppressed voting by trespassers on our soil, I would consider that a good thing for improving the validity of the process. Unfortunately, the census does just the opposite.

By counting every soul in the country, we sometimes change the population of each congressional district forcing a very sneaky kind of Gerrymandering. It can and does change the electoral college.

As I understand it, California is spending considerable taxpay dollars to "inflate" their population numbers via illegal immigration.
https://www.naturalnews.com/2016-12-...ca-census.html
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...epresentation/
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 02:36 PM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,483
Thanks: 1,394
Thanked 1,525 Times in 944 Posts
Default Re: DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
whoops.
the jig is up about the census question
Turns out it is about voter suppression.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPSJu6Hiu9o
I don't know if you know this but the census is used to apportion representation. Not determine who can and can't vote. Whether or not you fill out the census will not have any effect on your right to vote what so ever. The census people are not going to break down your door and take your voter registration card just because you didn't answer some questions on the census or answered some questions wrong. I would bet the person who supposedly found this so called evil republican plot on a hard drive made it all up seeing how census questions would in no way effect anyone's right to vote.It sounds like some loony leftist who has no idea what the census is used for is trying to stir some anti-Trump ****. Because obviously that individual has no idea what census used for. You shouldn't believe every youtube video you see on the internet.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 02:41 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,016
Thanks: 55,344
Thanked 26,233 Times in 18,768 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

Well, the court will throw it out now that they have evidence of what this was all about.
here's a tip: don't be "estranged" from your kids if you have stuff sitting around that can incriminate what you worked toward all your life.
Leaves a nasty legacy.
But maybe you don't care about that.

I don't think that question is going to be on the census after this. But we'll see.
__________________
Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright.~Serwer|The Atlantic
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 05:16 PM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,483
Thanks: 1,394
Thanked 1,525 Times in 944 Posts
Default Re: DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Well, the court will throw it out now that they have evidence of what this was all about.
A liberal lower level court might throw it out. But I doubt the supreme court will because a census question will not in any shape or form deprive a citizen of their right to vote.


Quote:
here's a tip: don't be "estranged" from your kids if you have stuff sitting around that can incriminate what you worked toward all your life.
Leaves a nasty legacy.
But maybe you don't care about that.

What evidence? The claim of someone who is estranged and obviously doesn't know that not answering census questions will not negate a citizen's right to vote? This story is obviously bogus. Because census is used to apportion representation not dictate who can and can't vote. The moron who made the youtube video obviously doens't know that fact.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2019, 07:44 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,016
Thanks: 55,344
Thanked 26,233 Times in 18,768 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
A liberal lower level court might throw it out. But I doubt the supreme court will because a census question will not in any shape or form deprive a citizen of their right to vote.

the president or gop is going to court with the defense that this is to honor the voting rights act. when converstation and memoes are found in the home office of the guy pushing it show graphs and statistics of how this will depress the minority vote and his own words attesting to that- well, Counselor you lost your case and I doubt the Supremes will hear it. before this I thought they would hear it, but no not now.

Quote:
What evidence? The claim of someone who is estranged and obviously doesn't know that not answering census questions will not negate a citizen's right to vote? This story is obviously bogus. Because census is used to apportion representation not dictate who can and can't vote. The moron who made the youtube video obviously doens't know that fact.
__________________
Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright.~Serwer|The Atlantic
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2019, 03:33 AM
jamesrage's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A place where common sense still exist.
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,483
Thanks: 1,394
Thanked 1,525 Times in 944 Posts
Default Re: DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
the president or gop is going to court with the defense that this is to honor the voting rights act. when converstation and memoes are found in the home office of the guy pushing it show graphs and statistics of how this will depress the minority vote and his own words attesting to that- well, Counselor you lost your case and I doubt the Supremes will hear it. before this I thought they would hear it, but no not now.
The census is to apportion representation. Not take away votes. How does a citizenship question on a census cause voter suppression as you claim? It doesn't which is why the OP video is idiotic. I don't know if you know this but if they wanted to gerrymander they don't need to see how many citizens there are verses none citizens there are in a certain area.They can just look at the voter rolls just to see how many registered democrat voters there are verses how many registered republican voters there are in a certain area. Which is another reason the OP video is idiotic.


Quote:


When you consider census questions and people voting are not related the claim of this being some evil republican plot to suppress votes sounds moronic.
__________________
"There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”—Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by jamesrage; 06-01-2019 at 03:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesrage For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2019, 04:24 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,016
Thanks: 55,344
Thanked 26,233 Times in 18,768 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
I refuse to indulge your spamming with videos of Left wing crackpot conspiracy theories. If the census question is about citizenship status then by definition it's not voter suppression. As much as Democrats would like to inflate the voter rolls by letting noncitizens vote it's still illegal for them to do so in all but a few local district elections.
__________________
Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright.~Serwer|The Atlantic
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2019, 04:32 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,016
Thanks: 55,344
Thanked 26,233 Times in 18,768 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: DON'T Save Your Evil Republican Plot On A Hard Drive And Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
The census is to apportion representation. Not take away votes. How does a citizenship question on a census cause voter suppression as you claim? It doesn't which is why the OP video is idiotic. I don't know if you know this but if they wanted to gerrymander they don't need to see how many citizens there are verses none citizens there are in a certain area.They can just look at the voter rolls just to see how many registered democrat voters there are verses how many registered republican voters there are in a certain area. Which is another reason the OP video is idiotic.





When you consider census questions and people voting are not related the claim of this being some evil republican plot to suppress votes sounds moronic.
Then why did a GOP operative chart statistics that it does?
yes as they say themselves, this is why the GOP want the question on the census. to gerrymander districts.



a census is done to see how many people are in the country at a given time period so that that knowledge can inform decisions about safety, possible food shortages, and a myriad of other things to inform the actions of our government. all successful civilizations perform a good census periodically.
questions about citizenship will cause people not to participate out of fear if they have someone living with them who is illegal.
__________________
Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright.~Serwer|The Atlantic
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
and, die, dont, drive, evil, hard, plot, republican, save, your

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0