Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss Bernie Sanders' hiring of non-American campaign advisers may violate federal election at the Political Forums; Millionaire socialist Bernie Sanders who preaches the gospel of higher taxes for the rich but doesn't pay a penny more ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2019, 08:43 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,570
Thanks: 10,914
Thanked 11,505 Times in 6,855 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Bernie Sanders' hiring of non-American campaign advisers may violate federal election

Millionaire socialist Bernie Sanders who preaches the gospel of higher taxes for the rich but doesn't pay a penny more than he is legally required to, just like Donald Trump, evidently believes he is exempt from campaign regulations as well.

Quote:
Bernie Sanders was hit with a complaint this week, claiming his presidential campaign violated federal election laws by employing non-Americans in advisory positions.

A new complaint by the Coolidge Reagan Foundation filed with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) notes that three members of the Sanders campaign are foreign nationals, which appears to be a violation of federal election laws that prohibit foreign interference.
Here is an example of the quality foreign national Bernie has selected for his campaign.

Quote:
Maria Belén Sisa, Sanders’ deputy national press secretary who joined the campaign last month, was among the staffers named in the complaint, as first reported by the Washington Free Beacon. Sisa claims to be an illegal immigrant whose residency is protected under Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), an Obama-era program for assisting illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children.

Sisa recently caused an uproar after invoking an anti-Semitic “dual allegiance” trope of Jewish Americans while defending Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., and questioning whether American Jews, including Sanders, were loyal to the United States.
An illegal alien given a prominent role in a Presidential nomination campaign questions the loyalty of American citizens. Bernie sure can pick them.

Here are the regulations cited in the complaint and the other two campaign workers listed in it.

Quote:
According to the FEC rules, foreign nationals, who aren’t lawfully admitted permanent residents, cannot directly or indirectly participate in political campaigns. Such individuals are also barred from making political contributions.

The complaint also names two other foreign nationals on the Sanders’ 2016 campaign, immigration activists Erika Andiola and Cesar Vargas, who worked as the campaign's national Latino outreach strategist and press secretary for Latino outreach, respectively.

“Due to the high profile of Cesar Vargas, Erika Andiola, and Maria Belén Sisa as leading activists in the undocumented community, there is reason to believe that respondents are ‘foreign nationals' within the meaning of 52 U.S.C. § 301219b)(2), and in violation of 11 C.F.R. § 110.20 (i) and A.O. 2004-26, directly or indirectly participated in the decision-making process of persons with regard to the election-related activities of Bernie 2016," the complaint continued.
Bernie Sanders the great defender of the downtrodden American chose to staff his campaign with illegal aliens instead. According to Resistance zealots the Trump campaign conspired with a foreign government, Bernie did one better hiring foreign nationals in the country illegally to run his campaign.

https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproje...sory-positions
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:44 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,420
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,836 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders' hiring of non-American campaign advisers may violate federal elec

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Bernie Sanders the great defender of the downtrodden American chose to staff his campaign with illegal aliens instead. According to Resistance zealots the Trump campaign conspired with a foreign government, Bernie did one better hiring foreign nationals in the country illegally to run his campaign.

https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproje...sory-positions
All permanent residents of the United States are Americans regardless of their citizenship. That's why they're counted by the US census that's used for apportionment in the House and for federal funding requirements. A person under DACA protection is lawfully in the United States pending the adjudication of their case by the Immigration Courts.

The Trump campaign (i.e. Trump Campaign Chairman Paul Manafort) was furnishing campaign information through a non-resident with a Russian diplomatic passport that would be very valuable to Russian intelligence in it's influence campaign in the United States to elect Donald Trump. This information included the Trump campaign strategy, polling data, and identified the key battleground states to be targeted by the Russians. While the evidence was insufficient to prosecute the evidence was still compelling that a conspiracy existed.

A huge difference between a bogus compliant by a right-wing activist group and the truth.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2019, 10:36 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,570
Thanks: 10,914
Thanked 11,505 Times in 6,855 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Bernie Sanders' hiring of non-American campaign advisers may violate federal elec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
All permanent residents of the United States are Americans regardless of their citizenship. That's why they're counted by the US census that's used for apportionment in the House and for federal funding requirements. A person under DACA protection is lawfully in the United States pending the adjudication of their case by the Immigration Courts.

The Trump campaign (i.e. Trump Campaign Chairman Paul Manafort) was furnishing campaign information through a non-resident with a Russian diplomatic passport that would be very valuable to Russian intelligence in it's influence campaign in the United States to elect Donald Trump. This information included the Trump campaign strategy, polling data, and identified the key battleground states to be targeted by the Russians. While the evidence was insufficient to prosecute the evidence was still compelling that a conspiracy existed.

A huge difference between a bogus compliant by a right-wing activist group and the truth.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals is explained as prosecutorial discretion, deprioritizing deportation proceedings for a select group. It doesn't transform an illegal alien into a permanent resident as required by law to work on Bernie's campaign. Using your definition someone could cross the border illegally on Monday, claim asylum on Tuesday, be released pending an immigration hearing and join the Sanders campaign on Wednesday as a senior policy advisor.

As usual you make up definitions to suit your rants and try to deflect to your favorite Orange Man Bad hobby horse.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2019, 06:50 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,549
Thanks: 6,651
Thanked 4,484 Times in 2,558 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders' hiring of non-American campaign advisers may violate federal elec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
All permanent residents of the United States are Americans regardless of their citizenship. That's why they're counted by the US census that's used for apportionment in the House and for federal funding requirements. A person under DACA protection is lawfully in the United States pending the adjudication of their case by the Immigration Courts.

The Trump campaign (i.e. Trump Campaign Chairman Paul Manafort) was furnishing campaign information through a non-resident with a Russian diplomatic passport that would be very valuable to Russian intelligence in it's influence campaign in the United States to elect Donald Trump. This information included the Trump campaign strategy, polling data, and identified the key battleground states to be targeted by the Russians. While the evidence was insufficient to prosecute the evidence was still compelling that a conspiracy existed.

A huge difference between a bogus compliant by a right-wing activist group and the truth.
I know you most likely could care less for my opinion, but I will offer it anyway.

Posts like this where you contort yourself into knots to justify anything done by a left winger is why I rarely take your posts seriously. The fact that you write long winded paragraphs doing so is why I rarely bother reading them as that is just time in my life that I will never get back and all I have to show for it is complete nonsense.

If you spent half as much time forming principles in your life and your political opinions as you do trying to defend idiocy like this, you would be a formidable poster on this forum. You obviously are an intelligent person that is capable of critical thinking. You just need to drop your partisan lenses and give it a try. I would be liberating if you did.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2019, 08:48 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 9,747
Thanked 8,058 Times in 4,790 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders' hiring of non-American campaign advisers may violate federal elec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
All permanent residents of the United States are Americans regardless of their citizenship. That's why they're counted by the US census that's used for apportionment in the House and for federal funding requirements. A person under DACA protection is lawfully in the United States pending the adjudication of their case by the Immigration Courts.

The Trump campaign (i.e. Trump Campaign Chairman Paul Manafort) was furnishing campaign information through a non-resident with a Russian diplomatic passport that would be very valuable to Russian intelligence in it's influence campaign in the United States to elect Donald Trump. This information included the Trump campaign strategy, polling data, and identified the key battleground states to be targeted by the Russians. While the evidence was insufficient to prosecute the evidence was still compelling that a conspiracy existed.

A huge difference between a bogus compliant by a right-wing activist group and the truth.
Absolute bull shlt. Illegals are not permanently in the US.

But even then, you contradict yourself.

"All permanent residents of the United States are Americans[/B] regardless of their citizenship."

"pending the adjudication of their case by the Immigration Courts. "

You can't have it both ways,
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2019, 08:55 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 9,747
Thanked 8,058 Times in 4,790 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders' hiring of non-American campaign advisers may violate federal elec

This one is a no brainer. If it's illegal to accept foreigners help, then it's illegal to accept help from all foreigners, be they Russian governments or illegal border crossers. DACA's are not eligible to vote. They are not part of the election process.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2019, 04:40 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,016
Thanks: 55,344
Thanked 26,233 Times in 18,768 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Bernie Sanders' hiring of non-American campaign advisers may violate federal elec

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
This one is a no brainer. If it's illegal to accept foreigners help, then it's illegal to accept help from all foreigners, be they Russian governments or illegal border crossers. DACA's are not eligible to vote. They are not part of the election process.
you are wrong.
plus equating a daca with an enemy state is just thick headed
__________________
Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright.~Serwer|The Atlantic
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2019, 04:50 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,163
Thanks: 9,747
Thanked 8,058 Times in 4,790 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders' hiring of non-American campaign advisers may violate federal elec

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
you are wrong.
plus equating a daca with an enemy state is just thick headed
Is that your whole argument?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advisers, bernie, campaign, election, federal, hiring, may, nonamerican, sanders, violate

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0