Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audience at the Political Forums; https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sa...000818996.html Millions of people every single year lose their health insurance, you know why? They get fired or they quit ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2019, 05:08 AM
Gordon Shumway's Avatar
guitarist
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,822
Thanks: 2,178
Thanked 3,402 Times in 2,015 Posts
Default Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audience

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sa...000818996.html

Quote:
Millions of people every single year lose their health insurance, you know why? They get fired or they quit and they go to another employer. I was a mayor for eight years and you know what I did, what probably every mayor in America does, is you look around for the best insurance program, the most cost-effective insurance. You change insurance. Every year, millions of workers wake up in the morning and their employer has changed the insurance that they have. Maybe they liked the doctors, some people are nodding their heads, OK. So this is not new, every year. Now what weíre talking about actually is stability. That when you have a ĎMedicare for Allí it is there now and will be there in the future.Ē
Quote:
Some progressives criticized Sanders for appearing on Fox News, which the candidate himself has described as ďright-wing propagandaĒ intended to benefit Trump.
itís coming folks. whether itís bernie or even trump. itís coming. remember: trump was for universal health coverage before he was against it. even during his 2016 campaign he couldnít help but praise it every chance he had. look it at it like this ó we are more likely to end up with medicare for all than the wall being built. and if you think taxing the rich will be enough to pay for it you are delusional. not only will we all be paying higher taxes; but donít be surprised when certain coverages you are currently used to cease to be covered.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2019, 08:36 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,250
Thanks: 8,420
Thanked 11,490 Times in 6,430 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sa...000818996.html





itís coming folks. whether itís bernie or even trump. itís coming. remember: trump was for universal health coverage before he was against it. even during his 2016 campaign he couldnít help but praise it every chance he had. look it at it like this ó we are more likely to end up with medicare for all than the wall being built. and if you think taxing the rich will be enough to pay for it you are delusional. not only will we all be paying higher taxes; but donít be surprised when certain coverages you are currently used to cease to be covered.
No it's not. Once people see what it really means for their health care, basically Medicare becomes Medicaid, only 30% support it. But aside from that, the country cannot afford it. The cost of Freedoms and dollars is simply too high.

The USA can either be the economy that drives the world economy, or we can be Venezuela.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2019, 11:47 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,035
Thanks: 10,179
Thanked 10,703 Times in 6,471 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audienc

As explained by Bernie in yesterday's townhall his proposed plan isn't Medicare for all, it is socialized healthcare. Essentially it's turning over the healthcare system to unelected, unaccountable Federal bureaucrats. As we have seen in other countries this results in rationing and shortages of care. The system is judged a success by eligibility for care and cost control not by delivery of healthcare.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2019, 03:12 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,097
Thanks: 55,065
Thanked 26,116 Times in 18,661 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audienc

Your health care is rationed now. No insurance pays for everything and they even try to tell the doctor what to prescribe and when to discharge in many instances.
He's right, it is about stability. We don't have the big employers, the good paying jobs or the unions anymore. Jobs are not guaranteed from youth to retirement as they once were. So this is a change we need and most all of us will appreciate one day or another.
__________________
Trump posted the wrong approval numbers and says wind turbines cause cancer. If brains were black powder, the guy couldn't blow his nose.
_ Stephen King
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2019, 03:19 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 12,513
Thanks: 10,323
Thanked 8,551 Times in 5,402 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Your health care is rationed now. No insurance pays for everything and they even try to tell the doctor what to prescribe and when to discharge in many instances.
He's right, it is about stability. We don't have the big employers, the good paying jobs or the unions anymore. Jobs are not guaranteed from youth to retirement as they once were. So this is a change we need and most all of us will appreciate one day or another.
Perhaps YOU don't have those things, but they do exist and many people work for good, decent employers.

If you think what exists now is rationed, then you really have a couple of rude surprises coming on.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2019, 04:00 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,250
Thanks: 8,420
Thanked 11,490 Times in 6,430 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Your health care is rationed now. No insurance pays for everything and they even try to tell the doctor what to prescribe and when to discharge in many instances.
He's right, it is about stability. We don't have the big employers, the good paying jobs or the unions anymore. Jobs are not guaranteed from youth to retirement as they once were. So this is a change we need and most all of us will appreciate one day or another.
And it has been soooooooomuch better under Obama care Rules.


This from the gal who complains about Big Corporations. Either we have the big employers or we don't. As for garmented long term jobs, they never went cradle to grave, nor were they ever considered a Constitutional right as Bernie proposes.

I think, as a nation, we need to understand the costs, monetary and product quality changes, freedom of choice, that comes with turning 21% of our GDP over to complete government control. None of our politicians, left or right, are telling the whole story.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 04-16-2019 at 04:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2019, 08:22 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,607
Thanks: 388
Thanked 6,041 Times in 4,380 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audienc

Bernie and his followers can go stick prunes up their asses.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2019, 08:30 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,890
Thanks: 1,472
Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,812 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
No it's not. Once people see what it really means for their health care, basically Medicare becomes Medicaid, only 30% support it. But aside from that, the country cannot afford it. The cost of Freedoms and dollars is simply too high.
Quote:
Recent figures tell us that the United States spent 17.9 percent of its gross domestic product on health care in 2017.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...dp-since-1960/

When we're already paying for it I wonder how some can say we can't afford it? That makes no sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
The USA can either be the economy that drives the world economy, or we can be Venezuela.
That's a false dichotomy.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShivaTD For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2019, 04:50 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,097
Thanks: 55,065
Thanked 26,116 Times in 18,661 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Perhaps YOU don't have those things, but they do exist and many people work for good, decent employers.

If you think what exists now is rationed, then you really have a couple of rude surprises coming on.
I don't work but am permanently disabled barring a miracle. So I do not have work related insurance. I did have and it did not pay for my pre-existing heart defect to be corrected (by surgery) even though I did not previously know I was born with it.
I was thinking more of the younger and still able people I know. My dnl works for Walmart but she has been there 20+ years and has comparatively 'good' insurance. Not only is there a high deductible but she has to save up for surgeries (two back, one wrist) and when she had a baby. The copay's for those were in the thousands.
When a relative who is now disabled and on Medicare was still working, his doctor's preferred drug prescription for him was not on the formulary therefore not paid for in part or whole. It is quite expensive though it has been out quite awhile now. And not taking the correct medication all those years led to him becoming disabled.
The drig companies cheat the patent laws and we let them. They take a popular medicine, remove or add a non active ingredient, name it something else and re-patent it anew while allowing the old patent to expire but no longer producing it.
Insurance companies do similar sneaky stuff. One that was popular years ago and became popular during the Obama mandate was they tried to sell a packet of beans for real coverage. In name only health insurance that covered virtually nothing, till the ACA laws stopped that with the rule that health policies must cover certain things. I believe our present President has gotten rid of that feature so these fly by night companies with their crappy policies are cropping up again.

When it comes to security and health, people are more important than companies. Our laws should reflect that.
__________________
Trump posted the wrong approval numbers and says wind turbines cause cancer. If brains were black powder, the guy couldn't blow his nose.
_ Stephen King
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2019, 06:34 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 12,513
Thanks: 10,323
Thanked 8,551 Times in 5,402 Posts
Default Re: Bernie Sanders gets support for 'Medicare for All' proposal from Fox News audienc

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I don't work but am permanently disabled barring a miracle. So I do not have work related insurance. I did have and it did not pay for my pre-existing heart defect to be corrected (by surgery) even though I did not previously know I was born with it.
I was thinking more of the younger and still able people I know. My dnl works for Walmart but she has been there 20+ years and has comparatively 'good' insurance. Not only is there a high deductible but she has to save up for surgeries (two back, one wrist) and when she had a baby. The copay's for those were in the thousands.
When a relative who is now disabled and on Medicare was still working, his doctor's preferred drug prescription for him was not on the formulary therefore not paid for in part or whole. It is quite expensive though it has been out quite awhile now. And not taking the correct medication all those years led to him becoming disabled.
The drig companies cheat the patent laws and we let them. They take a popular medicine, remove or add a non active ingredient, name it something else and re-patent it anew while allowing the old patent to expire but no longer producing it.
Insurance companies do similar sneaky stuff. One that was popular years ago and became popular during the Obama mandate was they tried to sell a packet of beans for real coverage. In name only health insurance that covered virtually nothing, till the ACA laws stopped that with the rule that health policies must cover certain things. I believe our present President has gotten rid of that feature so these fly by night companies with their crappy policies are cropping up again.

When it comes to security and health, people are more important than companies. Our laws should reflect that.
Several of the things you list could have been contested at first denial. My insurance company tried to limit what they would pay for in regards to my Type 1 Diabetes. Both were contested. One, the insurance company reversed their decision when proof of medical need was provided. The other, we reached a compromise. They would pay a portion equal to medications similar that were covered, and I could pick up the rest, or accept their decision to use their preferred med. Since MY research showed that one had proven better in the tests (what results available to me) I chose to pay the extra amount and get what I felt I should have.

See how that works? One makes choices.

As to the types of policies... once again, if you know what you need, and that's all you need, who are 'YOU' to say I can't have it. Who are YOU to judge what is or isn't right for me. And most of all, who are 'YOU' to demand that other people MUST pay for what I decide I want?

You feel other people should make medical decisions on behalf of the captured populace and you honestly believe that there will not be rationing, or restrictions or denials? Can you with a straight face actually say that and believe it?
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
all, audience, bernie, for, fox, from, gets, medicare, news, proposal, sanders, support

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0