Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss 2020 Election at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop Probably because that’s largely a myth. He illegally received hundreds of millions of dollars from his ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,191
Thanks: 1,951
Thanked 12,920 Times in 8,104 Posts
Default Re: 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
Probably because that’s largely a myth. He illegally received hundreds of millions of dollars from his father and failed in numerous business enterprises. If he had just invested the money he received, he would be worth much more today. He’s a con man and he’s fooled millions into believing the myth of his “success.”
Let me sum up your post in one gif.

__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,191
Thanks: 1,951
Thanked 12,920 Times in 8,104 Posts
Default Re: 2020 Election

Libs continue playing the race card and Pocahontas still trying to make peeps believe she's an Indian.

Just another day in the lib world.

2020 Dems calling for race-based reparations — and Warren says don't forget Native Americans

Four 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls have come out in support of reparation payments to black Americans, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) upped the ante on Friday by suggesting Native Americans should receive compensation, too.

What are the details?

Warren, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro, and Oprah's little-known spiritual advisor Marianne Williamson have all said the U.S. should pay black Americans to compensate for the country's history of slavery and racism.

Williamson has touted a proposal for committing $100 billion "to be disbursed over ten years" by "an esteemed council of African-American leaders (who) would determine the educational and economic projects to which the money would be given."

According to The Washington Post, when Warren was asked Friday whether Native Americans should receive some type of relief, too, she responded, "I think it's a part of the conversation. I think it's an important part of the conversation."

Warren apologized last month for falsely claiming she was Native American for decades.

Outside of Williamson's plan, details from candidates have been scant as far as how a reparations program would work, or what the price tag might be.

According to InTheseTimes senior editor Salim Muwakkil, calls for reparations have reemerged in recent years. Muwakkil argued in 2017 that the current political climate in the age of Trump provides the "best chance since 1865" to make good on the federal government's former promise of "40 acres and a mule" to freed male slaves,

Muwakkil wrote that "reparations for African-Americans were once a boutique demand from fringe groups of black nationalists." But the movement has also gained traction among socialist facets of the far left, the ideals of which are reshaping the Democratic candidates' platforms.

Anything else?

In 2016, a United Nations working group issued a scathing rebuke of America's treatment of African American citizens, after touring the country on a visit arranged by the State Department under former president Barrack Obama.

Among its litany of recommendations, the panel determined:

"There is a profound need to acknowledge that the transatlantic slave trade was a crime against humanity and among the major sources and manifestations of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance and that Africans and people of African descent were victims of these acts and continue to be victims of their consequences.

"Past injustices and crimes against African Americans need to be addressed with reparatory justice."
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 09:35 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,750
Thanks: 11,066
Thanked 4,116 Times in 2,674 Posts
Default Re: 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Seriously, it's hard as balls and I just don't see anyone on the left at this moment that can do it. Only president since Reagan to not win 2 terms in a row was Bush Sr.
This is very true.

In fact, within my lifetime--and I was born in 1948--Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush were the only sitting presidents, who had been elected, to fail to win a second term. (Gerald Ford also failed in his quest; but he had never been elected as president. He merely inherited the job, after Richard Nixon resigned.)
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 11:01 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 12,699
Thanks: 10,576
Thanked 8,801 Times in 5,530 Posts
Default Re: 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Libs continue playing the race card and Pocahontas still trying to make peeps believe she's an Indian.

Just another day in the lib world.

2020 Dems calling for race-based reparations — and Warren says don't forget Native Americans

Four 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls have come out in support of reparation payments to black Americans, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) upped the ante on Friday by suggesting Native Americans should receive compensation, too.

What are the details?

Warren, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro, and Oprah's little-known spiritual advisor Marianne Williamson have all said the U.S. should pay black Americans to compensate for the country's history of slavery and racism.

Williamson has touted a proposal for committing $100 billion "to be disbursed over ten years" by "an esteemed council of African-American leaders (who) would determine the educational and economic projects to which the money would be given."

According to The Washington Post, when Warren was asked Friday whether Native Americans should receive some type of relief, too, she responded, "I think it's a part of the conversation. I think it's an important part of the conversation."

Warren apologized last month for falsely claiming she was Native American for decades.

Outside of Williamson's plan, details from candidates have been scant as far as how a reparations program would work, or what the price tag might be.

According to InTheseTimes senior editor Salim Muwakkil, calls for reparations have reemerged in recent years. Muwakkil argued in 2017 that the current political climate in the age of Trump provides the "best chance since 1865" to make good on the federal government's former promise of "40 acres and a mule" to freed male slaves,

Muwakkil wrote that "reparations for African-Americans were once a boutique demand from fringe groups of black nationalists." But the movement has also gained traction among socialist facets of the far left, the ideals of which are reshaping the Democratic candidates' platforms.

Anything else?

In 2016, a United Nations working group issued a scathing rebuke of America's treatment of African American citizens, after touring the country on a visit arranged by the State Department under former president Barrack Obama.

Among its litany of recommendations, the panel determined:

"There is a profound need to acknowledge that the transatlantic slave trade was a crime against humanity and among the major sources and manifestations of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance and that Africans and people of African descent were victims of these acts and continue to be victims of their consequences.

"Past injustices and crimes against African Americans need to be addressed with reparatory justice."
Little bits and pieces of the quote that stand out. The liberal groups who claim reparations should be made.... to whom? people that were not enslaved? People, that given equal footing by enacted laws, should be able to rise above the history? Or are they saying the should be paid to remain where they are, good little voters who support the hand that oppresses them?

I have a suggestion, not something I've thought through entirely, just a random thought, but since the liberals are so geared to helping the Blacks attain their rightful position in society, that they receive a discount on tuition at community colleges, with a bonus payout if they graduate with a B+ or better?

Something that would truly benefit the people, rather than cash just thrown at a problem, as liberals are want to do.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 06:22 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,851
Thanks: 55,299
Thanked 26,215 Times in 18,752 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
Little bits and pieces of the quote that stand out. The liberal groups who claim reparations should be made.... to whom? people that were not enslaved? People, that given equal footing by enacted laws, should be able to rise above the history? Or are they saying the should be paid to remain where they are, good little voters who support the hand that oppresses them?

I have a suggestion, not something I've thought through entirely, just a random thought, but since the liberals are so geared to helping the Blacks attain their rightful position in society, that they receive a discount on tuition at community colleges, with a bonus payout if they graduate with a B+ or better?

Something that would truly benefit the people, rather than cash just thrown at a problem, as liberals are want to do.
I don't think reparations after a war should have been made to the losing side (Japan) cause it opened a can of worms but if they are going to do them it's simple to figure out who to give them to. Anyone now living who can trace their ancestry to a slave.
What should be given- maybe 40 acres and a mule. or 40 cares and the cash equivalent of a mule or 40 acres and generator?
Just some thoughts I had on the subject.
__________________
"The President's not a racist." He just plays one on TV".~ Emsley Wyatt
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2019, 06:34 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,851
Thanks: 55,299
Thanked 26,215 Times in 18,752 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Let me sum up your post in one gif.

That's you on a night in November coming soon to your local polling place.
__________________
"The President's not a racist." He just plays one on TV".~ Emsley Wyatt
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2019, 12:07 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,750
Thanks: 11,066
Thanked 4,116 Times in 2,674 Posts
Default Re: 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
If Obama, the Black President, had 5 children w/ 3 wives, cheated on all 3 wives, one with a porn star after his wife just gave birth, white Evangelicals would have passed out from the scandal of it all

Trump does it & they help him nominate an alleged sex predator to the SC
Both are mere allegations--which liberals like to use as a substitute for proof.

The standard for liberals seems to be: Any allegation against a conservative (or, in Trump's case, a populist with some conservative tendencies) should be sufficient to banish him from the public sphere...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,851
Thanks: 55,299
Thanked 26,215 Times in 18,752 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
Both are mere allegations--which liberals like to use as a substitute for proof.

The standard for liberals seems to be: Any allegation against a conservative (or, in Trump's case, a populist with some conservative tendencies) should be sufficient to banish him from the public sphere...
had 5 children w/ 3 wives, cheated on all 3 wives, one with a porn star after his wife just gave birth
all proven

only the sc assault is an allegation
So we don't hold the President to much of a standard anymore.
And we should have some criteria yes. Next we'll elect someone who'll whip it out at the camera during a press conference
Or with this guy's track record maybe we won't have to wait till the next election.
__________________
"The President's not a racist." He just plays one on TV".~ Emsley Wyatt
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2019, 06:25 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 12,699
Thanks: 10,576
Thanked 8,801 Times in 5,530 Posts
Default Re: 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I don't think reparations after a war should have been made to the losing side (Japan) cause it opened a can of worms but if they are going to do them it's simple to figure out who to give them to. Anyone now living who can trace their ancestry to a slave.
What should be given- maybe 40 acres and a mule. or 40 cares and the cash equivalent of a mule or 40 acres and generator?
Just some thoughts I had on the subject.
Anyone who can trace their ancestry to a slave. And who exactly is going to do that tracing, and pay for it to be certified? Define 'slave' also, because that could get really sticky, especially by some liberal standards, that would include any number of nationalities who were brought to the US in less then voluntary status.

So exactly who would they be taking this 40 acres from? What if the mule dies in a month from neglect, do we keep giving them a new one? What if someone doesn't want a mule or land? How does that improve their position for the future?
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2019, 07:36 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,370
Thanks: 10,661
Thanked 11,203 Times in 6,709 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: 2020 Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
had 5 children w/ 3 wives, cheated on all 3 wives, one with a porn star after his wife just gave birth
all proven

only the sc assault is an allegation
So we don't hold the President to much of a standard anymore.
And we should have some criteria yes. Next we'll elect someone who'll whip it out at the camera during a press conference
Or with this guy's track record maybe we won't have to wait till the next election.
That we don't have standards for a President's or candidate's personal conduct if he is a Democrat became explicit with the Bill Clinton impeachment. Bubba engaged in serial sexual assault while in office first as Governor then as President. But Democrats not only denied his repeated felonies they redefined sex to accommodate his lying.

But hey, he was married to the same woman throughout his numerous infidelities. She became the model of the empowered woman accepting one humiliating affair after another to keep a hold on her husband's political power.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
2020, election

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0