Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss Harris takes on questions about her 'blackness' at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by saltwn no that is your preview. She is black. she is indian. she grew up in black ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2019, 05:30 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,007
Thanks: 5,611
Thanked 3,622 Times in 2,126 Posts
Default Re: Harris takes on questions about her 'blackness'

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
no that is your preview. She is black. she is indian. she grew up in black culture. so thevfck what?
Exactly. Why is SHE making it the cornerstone of her campaign? I could care less about those factors. I disagree with her policy proposals. I would disagree with them regardless of her gender or skin color. But those are the attributes that she is promoting and you seem to be falling for it.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2019, 09:04 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,316
Thanks: 55,149
Thanked 26,144 Times in 18,685 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Harris takes on questions about her 'blackness'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Exactly. Why is SHE making it the cornerstone of her campaign?
Where did you hear that at? She is not doing that. She is stressing equality, decency, justice and democracy in her campaign, and will use the slogan “For the people.”

...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2019, 07:21 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,007
Thanks: 5,611
Thanked 3,622 Times in 2,126 Posts
Default Re: Harris takes on questions about her 'blackness'

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Where did you hear that at? She is not doing that. She is stressing equality, decency, justice and democracy in her campaign, and will use the slogan “For the people.”

...
You need to learn the difference between using a Slogan and then going onto talk shows to talk about her heritage. Slogans can say anything and are meant to attract those to stupid to look behind the curtains. Her actions speak volumes.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2019, 08:33 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,155
Thanks: 10,328
Thanked 10,856 Times in 6,544 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Harris takes on questions about her 'blackness'

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Where did you hear that at? She is not doing that. She is stressing equality, decency, justice and democracy in her campaign, and will use the slogan “For the people.”

...
She chose the Breakfast Club radio show because it is hosted by black people and appeals to a black audience. You actually believe they didn't discuss her "blackness" beforehand? Please.

Quote:
I think they don't understand who black people are,” Harris responded. “Because if you do, if you walked on Hampton’s campus, or Howard’s campus, or Morehouse or Spelman or Fisk, you would have a much better appreciation for the diaspora, for the diversity, for the beauty in the diversity of who we are as black people," she said, referring to historically black universities.
Harris refers to "who we are" as black people. She goes on to brag about how her tax plan will lift up 60% of black households. She also endorses Federal reparations for blacks. The claim that she doesn't emphasize her ethnicity is nonsense.

Harris is a graduate of Howard University a traditionally segregated institution. My, what a celebration of diversity.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...k-race-1167030
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2019, 09:33 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Counselor
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 641
Thanks: 4
Thanked 139 Times in 122 Posts
Default Re: Harris takes on questions about her 'blackness'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
On the heels of Elizabeth Warren confessing she lied about her identity group membership. The would be President blamed her mother. Obama blamed the grandmother that took him in as a youngster after mom threw him out for bigotry. Kamala Harris continues the tradition of attacking anyone who questions here identity group membership.



Instead of blaming mom or grandma for questioning her choice of identity group, it is "they" who are at fault. And why not? To Democrats ethnicity and gender is everything. A sympathetic media openly disparages the chances of a white male to win the nomination and after Hillary they are not terribly receptive to a white female either. In the Democrat celebration of diversity Kamala Harris can't afford to have any questions about her identity group membership.

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.o...b%2Findex.html
So, is Trump at fault for accepting and perpetuating his father’s lies about being Swedish and not German in order to sell more homes to Jewish customers?
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,155
Thanks: 10,328
Thanked 10,856 Times in 6,544 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Harris takes on questions about her 'blackness'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
So, is Trump at fault for accepting and perpetuating his father’s lies about being Swedish and not German in order to sell more homes to Jewish customers?
Oh, so look at you the arbiter of national origin. You did realize that Swedish and German are lumped together as white in the Democrat identity politics game. There is no difference.

Ethnic identity for government documents is a selection made by the person filling out the form with a couple of exceptions. One is American Indian where there is a definition to qualify for preferences. Warren clearly lied to get a better job than her qualifications would have merited.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2019, 02:32 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,316
Thanks: 55,149
Thanked 26,144 Times in 18,685 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Harris takes on questions about her 'blackness'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
She chose the Breakfast Club radio show because it is hosted by black people and appeals to a black audience. You actually believe they didn't discuss her "blackness" beforehand? Please.


Harris refers to "who we are" as black people. She goes on to brag about how her tax plan will lift up 60% of black households. She also endorses Federal reparations for blacks. The claim that she doesn't emphasize her ethnicity is nonsense.

Harris is a graduate of Howard University a traditionally segregated institution. My, what a celebration of diversity.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...k-race-1167030
ok I didn't know that. cool.
So are you braggin or complainin'?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2019, 02:45 PM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Counselor
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 641
Thanks: 4
Thanked 139 Times in 122 Posts
Default Re: Harris takes on questions about her 'blackness'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Oh, so look at you the arbiter of national origin. You did realize that Swedish and German are lumped together as white in the Democrat identity politics game. There is no difference.

Ethnic identity for government documents is a selection made by the person filling out the form with a couple of exceptions. One is American Indian where there is a definition to qualify for preferences. Warren clearly lied to get a better job than her qualifications would have merited.
Trump’s father lied for decades and claimed to be Swedish in order to cover up the fact that he was German, and Trump repeated the lie numerous times. It doesn’t make any real difference what European country his ancestors were from, but it is just absurdly hypocritical to criticize Harris or Warren for their claims to racial identity and to ignore the proven lies of Trump in this same area.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
about, blackness, harris, her, questions, takes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0