Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious at the Political Forums; There is no way to create an investigative panel that would NOT be contentious. Even if we assume honesty...; One ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2017, 11:27 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,937
Thanks: 6,157
Thanked 8,773 Times in 5,052 Posts
Default Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

There is no way to create an investigative panel that would NOT be contentious.

Even if we assume honesty...;
One party cannot do it alone as the other side will deny it, no matter the findings.
Both parties cannot do it together because both parties engage in voter fraud. And neither wants to shed any light on their own malfeasances.

Odd as it may sound, Trump, who frankly doesn't have support from either party, has a better chance of success here since his motivation seems to be exposure of the fraud. If his bi-partisan approach fails perhaps he can find a few honest men and women willing to try.

But he will be hard pressed to do that sourcing from either party.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:30 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,374
Thanks: 9,654
Thanked 14,675 Times in 8,869 Posts
Post Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

Trump's motivation is his ego.

He can't handle the fact that he lost the popular vote. Ergo he makes claims that he lost the popular vote because of fraud.
Not one damn shred of evidence provided.

It's interesting to note how much of this "commission's" efforts revolve around implementing voting restrictions as opposed to actually investigating to identify whether fraud occurred.

People who claim this WH commission is here to uncover fraud are deluding themselves.


The truth is simple.
REPUBLICANS DO NOT CARE about the actual conclusions of investigations into voter fraud.
If they did, they would treat studies like the below seriously.
https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...ter-fraud-myth

I welcome any Republican to show a thread on this forum that they started talking about the OFFICIAL FINDINGS of an accusation of voter fraud.
Can't do it because you guys just jump from accusation to accusation...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2017, 03:34 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,756
Thanks: 7,326
Thanked 6,173 Times in 3,751 Posts
Default Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Trump's motivation is his ego.

He can't handle the fact that he lost the popular vote. Ergo he makes claims that he lost the popular vote because of fraud.
Not one damn shred of evidence provided.

It's interesting to note how much of this "commission's" efforts revolve around implementing voting restrictions as opposed to actually investigating to identify whether fraud occurred.

People who claim this WH commission is here to uncover fraud are deluding themselves.


The truth is simple.
REPUBLICANS DO NOT CARE about the actual conclusions of investigations into voter fraud.
If they did, they would treat studies like the below seriously.
https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...ter-fraud-myth

I welcome any Republican to show a thread on this forum that they started talking about the OFFICIAL FINDINGS of an accusation of voter fraud.
Can't do it because you guys just jump from accusation to accusation...
More nonsense. President Trump lives at 1600 Penn Ave. Hillary does not.

It's the left that is hung up on the popular vote.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2017, 04:17 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,374
Thanks: 9,654
Thanked 14,675 Times in 8,869 Posts
Default Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
More nonsense. President Trump lives at 1600 Penn Ave. Hillary does not.
It's the left that is hung up on the popular vote.
No. Truth.

The fact that Trump won is agreed upon. So let me ask you a question...
Why has HE keep lying about how he won?
Trump falsely claims he got biggest Electoral College win since Reagan | TheHill
President Trump's voter fraud allegation is 'a lie,' says California's top elections officer - LA Times

He has presented no evidence of his claims, yet he keeps hounding on them.


If he had simply accepted his win without trying to explain away such things (when we agree they do not need explaining away) ...
Then we would be in a different boat.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,924
Thanks: 721
Thanked 1,418 Times in 964 Posts
Default Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
More nonsense. President Trump lives at 1600 Penn Ave. Hillary does not.

It's the left that is hung up on the popular vote.
Exactly.
The only people I mostly hear reminding everyone over and over about the popular vote are the left, period. They've got the lion's share of bringing it up.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:01 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,756
Thanks: 7,326
Thanked 6,173 Times in 3,751 Posts
Default Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
No. Truth.

The fact that Trump won is agreed upon. So let me ask you a question...
Why has HE keep lying about how he won?
Trump falsely claims he got biggest Electoral College win since Reagan | TheHill
President Trump's voter fraud allegation is 'a lie,' says California's top elections officer - LA Times

He has presented no evidence of his claims, yet he keeps hounding on them.


If he had simply accepted his win without trying to explain away such things (when we agree they do not need explaining away) ...
Then we would be in a different boat.
The truth? According to The Hill? WaPo? LA Times?
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,138
Thanks: 2,332
Thanked 2,605 Times in 2,014 Posts
Default Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

We all know the "truth" only exists in the right wing noise machine. Of course there are millions and millions of "them" people taking busses from one voting site to another and voting over and over. Of course this would mean the RWers are either too incompetent or stupid or lazy or something to catch them. That would really be embarrassing. There simply is no widespread voter fraud. The penalties are too steep and it would require millions to make much of a difference. This is a made up RW meme. At least Trump had the largest inaugural crowd in the history of crowds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
The truth? According to The Hill? WaPo? LA Times?
__________________
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Geez surly, are you that blind or just that dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 14,766
Thanks: 7,550
Thanked 8,369 Times in 5,202 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
No. He isn't.
He claimed something which has been in no way substantiated.
People who are interested in finding out facts do not start by making them up.



ROFLMAO!
It's interesting to note how your sentence twists from a pretense on blocking efforts to determine facts, to noting the actual contention is to prevent Republican efforts for voter disenfranchisement.

There is an ORDER to how this should proceed.
a) Identify IF a problem exists.
b) IF a problem is found, THEN we talk about how to solve it.

What Republicans are throwing forth equates to voter disenfranchisement.



Simple question for you.
Is what you describe illegal?
It's a simple yes or no answer.

If you claim it is, point to the legislation that makes it illegal.
People who are interested in finding out facts investigate instead of offering partisan declarations there is no problem. If there is no problem then the investigation should confirm it. Of course no investigation guarantees no problem will come to light, which is why Democrats are so desperate to derail the investigation.

There is an order to these things. We see a potential problem and investigate it to find out the facts. We don't suppose there is no problem because the elected officials of the opposition party declare everything is fine and that the simplest voter verification procedures are "suppression. "

By NH law the same day registration and voting with out of state I'D is legal. But the fact the same Democrat Secretary of State braying there is no problem fails to verify the people are "domiciled in the state and the failure of most of these people to obtain NH identity documents such as drivers licenses, brings the integrity of the vote into question.

Hillary won NH by roughly 2,800 votes so a relatively small number of illegal votes could swing the state. But hey, the Democrats claim everything was perfect so just call Trump crazy and be done with it.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,756
Thanks: 7,326
Thanked 6,173 Times in 3,751 Posts
Default Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
We all know the "truth" only exists in the right wing noise machine. Of course there are millions and millions of "them" people taking busses from one voting site to another and voting over and over. Of course this would mean the RWers are either too incompetent or stupid or lazy or something to catch them. That would really be embarrassing. There simply is no widespread voter fraud. The penalties are too steep and it would require millions to make much of a difference. This is a made up RW meme. At least Trump had the largest inaugural crowd in the history of crowds.
Is that a response to my post or are we on a new topic?

You are making no sense.

Millions and millions? Lets take a look. (Courtesy Google)

Michigan 0.3 percent. ...
New Hampshire 0.4 percent. ...
Wisconsin 1 percent. ...
Pennsylvania 1.2 percent. ...
Florida 1.2 percent. ...
Minnesota 1.5 percent. ...
Nevada 2.4 percent.

We have a tread somewhere that 5,000 students voted on out of state licenses. More than enough to turn the election.

You are jumping from one topic to another. Trump crowds? Did that get mentioned?

Generally when posters do that they are just throwing shlt against the wall hoping something will stick.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2017, 07:02 AM
300 H and H's Avatar
newer isn't always better
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,211
Thanks: 7,348
Thanked 3,974 Times in 2,566 Posts
Default Re: 2nd WH voter commission turns contentious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
Look at your post Kirk, when has foundit66 ever talked to you like that? Kirk, you are the problem with this country.
Bullsh1t again.

The left divided us up like never before under Obama.

It is the left who are the real problem here and have been since they sold out to Soros and company.

Cheating in the voting booth is a left wing specialty. Illegals are voting in California, with the support of the state government there.

Foundit is not may favorite either. He is hyperpartisan as anyone is here, including me. I am how I am after listening to the left wing fools here and on the news casts daily.

How I was ever a Democrat back in the day is beyond me now. The party sold out to global interest long ago. Party of the little guy? Not any more.

Regards, Kirk
__________________
NRA member since 1973, life member since 1986.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2nd, commission, contentious, turns, voter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0