Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters After M at the Political Forums; Holy stinckin' Longhorn ****! The Republican-led Texas House of Representatives dropped their attempt to require citizenship tests for minority voters ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 06:07 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,235
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,277 Times in 3,199 Posts
Default GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters After M

Holy stinckin' Longhorn ****!

The Republican-led Texas House of Representatives dropped their attempt to require citizenship tests for minority voters after it was revealed that most of the legislators could not pass the test.

Only 17 of the 98 Republican representatives passed the multiple-choice test, which is given to prospective U.S. citizens.

<snip>

“We’ve been embarrassed before and we’ll be embarrassed again,” Phlegm said. “We would not be representing the people of Texas if we were not afraid to make idiots out of ourselves to prove our superiority.”

Bright eyes, minorities are people of Texas as well

<snip>

“We’re not trying to keep blacks and other minorities from voting because they’re black or because they’re minorities,” he said. “We’re trying to keep them from voting because they vote for Democrats. We wouldn’t restrict voting if they voted for Republicans. Do you think we’re stupid?”

Well...YES

<snip>

Charity and other Democrats told their Republican colleagues that if they should be willing to pass a citizenship test that they required of others.

House Republicans accepted the challenge.

“How hard could it be if so many Mexicans and immigrants pass it?” Flegm said.

About 91 percent pass the citizenship test, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

That figure is more than 70 percent higher than the percentage of GOP legislators in Texas who took the test.

LMAO

For instance, one question asked, “During the Cold War, what was the main concern for the United States?”

74 of the 98 GOP legislators answered: ‘’The high cost of heating bills.”

And back to the stupid!
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.

Last edited by winston53660; 08-11-2016 at 06:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winston53660 For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters Aft

Can you get a copy of that test? No that would be interesting!

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 300 H and H For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 06:13 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,235
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,277 Times in 3,199 Posts
Default Re: GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters Aft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
Can you get a copy of that test? No that would be interesting!

Regards, Kirk
Sounds like a good project for you kirk
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winston53660 For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters Aft

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
Sounds like a good project for you kirk
Since your a resident I thought you might be curious to see how hard the test was. For me personaly it sounds like the typical Texan might have limited knowledge. But hey I don't know what the test questions were, nor how limited one's knowledge might have to be to fail either..

I have to many projects. Tree went down today took out our power, not to mention the clean up was a mess. It got hot today.

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 300 H and H For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 07:48 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,235
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,277 Times in 3,199 Posts
Default Re: GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters Aft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
Since your a resident I thought you might be curious to see how hard the test was. For me personaly it sounds like the typical Texan might have limited knowledge. But hey I don't know what the test questions were, nor how limited one's knowledge might have to be to fail either..

I have to many projects. Tree went down today took out our power, not to mention the clean up was a mess. It got hot today.

Regards, Kirk
You'd fit in fine with the typical Texan
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 10:42 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,960
Thanks: 11,221
Thanked 15,496 Times in 8,331 Posts
Default Re: GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters Aft

It comes as no surprise at all that legislator in American Politics could not pass such a test. I would imagine most natural born Americans could not pas it.

First, the subjects of the test are in the training program for the application of citizenship it is what the applicants study.
Secondly, the subjects of the test are NOT in the training program for the our classroom students about US citizenship. It is NOT what the Students study.

It should be but gender identity, social injustices and the evils of capitalism is the new curriculums.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 11:17 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,169
Thanks: 2,441
Thanked 39,171 Times in 21,813 Posts
Default Re: GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters Aft

This is arrogant SATIRE...

Look at this sentence...

Quote:
“We’re not trying to keep blacks and other minorities from voting because they’re black or because they’re minorities,” he said. “We’re trying to keep them from voting because they vote for Democrats. We wouldn’t restrict voting if they voted for Republicans. Do you think we’re stupid?”
That's not real...No one would say that...

It's from a blog on the Huffington Post....where they describe the sponsor of the bill "Jeb `Cooter` Flegm" representing the district of "Flat earth"...The quotes on the Democrat side come from "Faith Charity", representing the district of "Sunshine"...

This is what happens when the Liberal elites look down their nose on people that don't think like them...The party of tolerance insults their intelligence from their Ivory Tower...And some people accept it as real because it jives with their pre-conceived and arrogant bias...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2016, 11:23 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,103
Thanks: 57,077
Thanked 26,858 Times in 19,308 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters Aft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
This is arrogant SATIRE...

Look at this sentence...

That's not real...No one would say that...

It's from a blog on the Huffington Post....where they describe the sponsor of the bill "Jeb `Cooter` Flegm" representing the district of "Flat earth"...The quotes on the Democrat side come from "Faith Charity", representing the district of "Sunshine"...

This is what happens when the Liberal elites look down their nose on people that don't think like them...The party of tolerance insults their intelligence from their Ivory Tower...And some people accept it as real because it jives with their pre-conceived and arrogant bias...
but it's almost what one said awhile back remember?
and it is the reason for id requirements and disallowing sunday voting etc
__________________
On a more positive note, people still can't order dialysis w/o a referral.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2016, 08:36 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,960
Thanks: 11,221
Thanked 15,496 Times in 8,331 Posts
Default Re: GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters Aft

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
but it's almost what one said awhile back remember?
and it is the reason for id requirements and disallowing sunday voting etc
Is that like using an "un-named source" in your argument?



No, I don't remember. Got a link?
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2016, 09:04 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,720 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: GOP Legislators In Texas Drop Requiring Citizenship Tests For Minority Voters Aft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
This is arrogant SATIRE...

Look at this sentence...

That's not real...No one would say that...

It's from a blog on the Huffington Post....where they describe the sponsor of the bill "Jeb `Cooter` Flegm" representing the district of "Flat earth"...The quotes on the Democrat side come from "Faith Charity", representing the district of "Sunshine"...

This is what happens when the Liberal elites look down their nose on people that don't think like them...The party of tolerance insults their intelligence from their Ivory Tower...And some people accept it as real because it jives with their pre-conceived and arrogant bias...
Satire it is. A quick Google turns up no Jeb "Cooter" Pflegm, no Texas citizenship test to vote. In fact if citizenship is the issue, there are far easier ways to make the determination. Flat Earth? Sure that must be it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
after, citizenship, drop, for, gop, legislators, minority, requiring, tests, texas, voters

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0