Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held today at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by foundit66 NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held today Each ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2016, 09:24 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,594
Thanks: 10,305
Thanked 8,459 Times in 5,021 Posts
Default Re: NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held toda

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held today
Each party gets a bump after their convention...


If it were held today, I guess he would be most likely...

Although I find it interesting to note different people who denounce polls when it doesn't go their way and yet gobble up this one.
Each party has a shot of a bump after the convention. It's not a given.

I guess we'll know next Monday.

Trumps bump was not that much different than the general trend over the past few weeks.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2016, 09:28 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,594
Thanks: 10,305
Thanked 8,459 Times in 5,021 Posts
Default Re: NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held toda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
The worst thing about you on the right supporting Trump is you do it without ever knowing how he will fix the supposed problems he claims he will fix. You just want to believe. So when things get even worse if he is President you will continue covering for him. Just like Germany in the 30's
Shouldn't this be in your other thread? the one about how Trump will fix stuff?

This thread is about Silver's poll. I think it was published today in the US. It was that other poll that was done in the '30's in Germany.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,100 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held toda

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
Also the RNC was chock-full of people saying Hillary should be jailed/executed, so please don't pretend that your side is wonderful.
Yes because Hillary and company should all be put in jail..

Do we really have to say why once again?

The Clinton Foundation is a scam. A fraud. It wouldn't be allowed if anyone in the left wing control of the government would do something about it. It is a tax free slush fund of ill gotten booty from who knows what countries we would consider our enemy if we did not have a Muslim supporter in office..

Don't get me started on her. There is so much trash on the Clintons slime out there, I will be surprised the Sanders supporters can keep their anger in check.

The Clinton's are dirty politicians and the nation knows it. She will FAIL in November. Count on it.

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 300 H and H For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 12:07 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held toda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
The Clinton's are dirty politicians and the nation knows it. She will FAIL in November. Count on it.
This thread was started on a running prediction by Nate Silver on his 538 site.
Trump gets his little bump and you guys think you've got it in the bag.

Hillary's currently predicted to win by almost 2 to 1 odds.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/


But hey.
You go on and keep repeating yourself cause I'm sure there are people out there that haven't heard that nonsense already in the next three months...

Meanwhile, Trump keeps opening his mouth and reminding people why he shouldn't be elected with new stuff every day.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 12:53 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,054
Thanks: 1,586
Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,869 Posts
Default Re: NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held toda

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
This thread was started on a running prediction by Nate Silver on his 538 site.
Trump gets his little bump and you guys think you've got it in the bag.

Hillary's currently predicted to win by almost 2 to 1 odds.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/
That is the exact electoral map in 2012. The GOP's autopsy report concluded what they needed to do in order reverse these losses and bring voters of all stripes into the fold.

It's August 2016 and they have made zero progress.

Also good to remember that the OP started with the Now-cast, what the election would look like if it were held that day.

This is how the Now-cast looks now.

__________________
"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - Donald Trump, on pedophile Jeff Epstein.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 12:55 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,054
Thanks: 1,586
Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,869 Posts
Default Re: NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held toda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
Yes because Hillary and company should all be put in jail..

Do we really have to say why once again?

The Clinton Foundation is a scam. A fraud. It wouldn't be allowed if anyone in the left wing control of the government would do something about it. It is a tax free slush fund of ill gotten booty from who knows what countries we would consider our enemy if we did not have a Muslim supporter in office..

Don't get me started on her. There is so much trash on the Clintons slime out there, I will be surprised the Sanders supporters can keep their anger in check.

The Clinton's are dirty politicians and the nation knows it. She will FAIL in November. Count on it.

Regards, Kirk
So unfounded allegation on top of another with zero facts.
__________________
"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - Donald Trump, on pedophile Jeff Epstein.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WallyWager For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 05:27 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,311 Times in 9,282 Posts
Post Re: NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held toda

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
That is the exact electoral map in 2012. The GOP's autopsy report concluded what they needed to do in order reverse these losses and bring voters of all stripes into the fold.
It's August 2016 and they have made zero progress.
Yup.
I posted that thread back in 2013 (after the report was complete).
Growth & Opportunity Project
The GOP party itself tried to examine why they lost, and Republican posters on this forum (and its politicians) ignored it completely.




Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWager View Post
This is how the Now-cast looks now.
I didn't see that distinction earlier.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...-forecast/#now
Thanks!
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,378 Times in 831 Posts
Default Re: NATE SILVER: Donald Trump would most likely win the election if it were held toda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
The worst thing about you on the right supporting Trump is you do it without ever knowing how he will fix the supposed problems he claims he will fix. You just want to believe. So when things get even worse if he is President you will continue covering for him. Just like Germany in the 30's
No, the worst thing is that fools from both parties think that giving the government more power will fix anything.
Too many times the government has "fixed' things only to make them worse, thus resulting in them needing more power and authority to "fix" what they already screwed up to begin with.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
donald, election, held, likely, most, nate, silver, the, today, trump, were, win, would

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0