Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss if you voted today at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by 300 H and H I am voting a straight Republican party ticket for the first time ever. ...

View Poll Results: If you voted Today who you vote for
Hillary Clinton 1 11.11%
Donald Trump 3 33.33%
Gary Johnson 4 44.44%
Other/Write in 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. This poll is closed

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2016, 09:42 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,658
Thanks: 56,106
Thanked 26,492 Times in 18,984 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: if you voted today

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
I am voting a straight Republican party ticket for the first time ever.

But I think all of you knew that already.

Never have been so personally polarised as I find myself today either.

Thank you left wingers.

Regards, Kirk
thank you msm
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2016, 03:20 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,658
Thanks: 56,106
Thanked 26,492 Times in 18,984 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: if you voted today

2016 Election Polls
Updated 4 hours ago

It's Hillary
42.7 vs 41.8

a virtual tie

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...olls.html?_r=0
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2016, 03:49 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: if you voted today

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
2016 Election Polls
Updated 4 hours ago

It's Hillary
42.7 vs 41.8

a virtual tie

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...olls.html?_r=0
The Electoral College analysis hasn't changed and it's still Hillary Clinton with 347 Electoral College votes to Trump's 191 in a two-way election.

It's Hillary
64.5 vs 35.5

Only a three-way race potentially changes Hillary's huge Electoral College advantage, and certainty of being the next president, as demonstrated by the unscientific poll on this thread. In this poll Johnson received the same number of popular votes of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump combined. Of course this was an unscientific poll that didn't even have enough responses to validate itself and the members of Political Wrinkles are also more informed politically when compared to the general public.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2016, 04:06 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,918
Thanks: 10,271
Thanked 13,883 Times in 7,575 Posts
Default Re: if you voted today

My oh my wht difference a few days make.

Rasmussen is the only major pollster putting Trump on top by 7 points. But they are no longer alone.
Rasmussen isn’t the only poll showing Trump with a national lead now Hot Air

It will come down to the electoral where the Democrats always have an edge. The heartland, where the work is done, will have to overcome the two seaside ends of the nation where the money, and the population resides.

However, I think it quite possible for Hillary to lose. Aside from the honest choices there is the matter of the IRS commissioner sending info to the Congressional committee on the Clinton Foundation.

That'll convince the voters who's right.

__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2016, 04:14 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,429
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,841 Posts
Default Re: if you voted today

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
My oh my wht difference a few days make.

Rasmussen is the only major pollster putting Trump on top by 7 points. But they are no longer alone.
Rasmussen isn’t the only poll showing Trump with a national lead now Hot Air

It will come down to the electoral where the Democrats always have an edge. The heartland, where the work is done, will have to overcome the two seaside ends of the nation where the money, and the population resides.

However, I think it quite possible for Hillary to lose. Aside from the honest choices there is the matter of the IRS commissioner sending info to the Congressional committee on the Clinton Foundation.

That'll convince the voters who's right.

From what I've read the Electoral College analysis establishes that Trump would have to win ALL of the Battleground States to secure over 270 Electoral College votes and that's not going to happen. It's even doubtful that he'll win Arizona this year which is typically considered to lean Republican so he could lose 11 more Electoral College votes that are generally given to him.

BTW - Hillary Clinton did not participate in an active role in the Clinton Foundation while she was Sect of State so whatever the IRS finds isn't going to affect the vote for her. Remember this is really the "Bill" Clinton Foundation based upon his presidency and not the "Hillary" Clinton Foundation based upon her being a former Senator from New York. At best any "dirt" reflects Bill Clinton and not Hillary Clinton because he's the founder of the foundation. In fact it's focus is the Clinton Presidential Center.

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/cl...dential-center
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.

Last edited by ShivaTD; 07-27-2016 at 04:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2016, 04:21 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,612 Times in 11,938 Posts
Default Re: if you voted today



The image comes from 2016 Electoral College Map Projections for US Presidential Elections: Clinton Leads; Trump Slightly Behind, But Numbers Improving July 14th this year. There are 131 electrol votes up for grab. There are any number of the possibilities that lead to Trump in the White House. Of course we could always see another 2000 type election that where we have a tie and we end up in court. The later is something I think might happen this year.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2016, 04:24 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,658
Thanks: 56,106
Thanked 26,492 Times in 18,984 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: if you voted today

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
My oh my wht difference a few days make.

Rasmussen is the only major pollster putting Trump on top by 7 points. But they are no longer alone.
Rasmussen isn’t the only poll showing Trump with a national lead now Hot Air

It will come down to the electoral where the Democrats always have an edge. The heartland, where the work is done, will have to overcome the two seaside ends of the nation where the money, and the population resides.

However, I think it quite possible for Hillary to lose. Aside from the honest choices there is the matter of the IRS commissioner sending info to the Congressional committee on the Clinton Foundation.

That'll convince the voters who's right.

I read those two days ago and yesterday. my new posting was hours ago
just doing running updates as I know it will change
__________________
...
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2016, 05:07 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,918
Thanks: 10,271
Thanked 13,883 Times in 7,575 Posts
Default Re: if you voted today

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
From what I've read the Electoral College analysis establishes that Trump would have to win ALL of the Battleground States to secure over 270 Electoral College votes and that's not going to happen. It's even doubtful that he'll win Arizona this year which is typically considered to lean Republican so he could lose 11 more Electoral College votes that are generally given to him.

BTW - Hillary Clinton did not participate in an active role in the Clinton Foundation while she was Sect of State so whatever the IRS finds isn't going to affect the vote for her. Remember this is really the "Bill" Clinton Foundation based upon his presidency and not the "Hillary" Clinton Foundation based upon her being a former Senator from New York. At best any "dirt" reflects Bill Clinton and not Hillary Clinton because he's the founder of the foundation. In fact it's focus is the Clinton Presidential Center.

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/cl...dential-center
Oh Please!
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2016, 05:08 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,918
Thanks: 10,271
Thanked 13,883 Times in 7,575 Posts
Default Re: if you voted today

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I read those two days ago and yesterday. my new posting was hours ago
just doing running updates as I know it will change
So, That was the NYTimes...; Rasmussen is universally well respected
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2016, 05:12 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,918
Thanks: 10,271
Thanked 13,883 Times in 7,575 Posts
Default Re: if you voted today

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post


The image comes from 2016 Electoral College Map Projections for US Presidential Elections: Clinton Leads; Trump Slightly Behind, But Numbers Improving July 14th this year. There are 131 electrol votes up for grab. There are any number of the possibilities that lead to Trump in the White House. Of course we could always see another 2000 type election that where we have a tie and we end up in court. The later is something I think might happen this year.
And that poll was taken 20 days ago, before the GOP convention.

As I related earlier, the Coasts have the money and the population advantage. The middle is entirely swinging right with the states nearest the coastals as toss ups. From where I sit AZ, NC, FL, PA, IA and maybe OH will go right. Nevada, Colorado will go left with the New England region. As for New Jersey and Connecticut (That's not wishful thinking but word from the ground level there.), they may well swing to The Donald. Virginia was in play but not with Senator Kaine on the Ticket.

Keep in mind any current Blue states going to THE Donald come of the tally of THE Hillary.

I can guarantee this map will go redder by the end of the nonsense happening this week in Philly. They won't get enough actors to make the difference.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 07-27-2016 at 05:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
today, voted, you

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0