Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Elections
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elections Discuss Democrats, Obama set fundraising record at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by MrLiberty The unemployment numbers are cooked, Great! What evidence do you have to support your theory?...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Comet's Avatar
My God it's full of stars
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,670
Thanks: 3,370
Thanked 5,313 Times in 3,416 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Comet
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
The unemployment numbers are cooked,
Great! What evidence do you have to support your theory?
__________________

"The oldest picture book in our possession is the midnight sky" - E. W. Maunder
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Infidel Dog's Avatar
The New Cool
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,684
Thanks: 734
Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,473 Posts
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMike View Post
Keeping an eye out for this one. It could be big but will the media follow up?
C'mon man, give em a break. They have a hefty back log to work through. We're still waiting for their cracker-jack, in depth investigations of Pigford, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, and...
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,612 Times in 11,938 Posts
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
Great! What evidence do you have to support your theory?
unemployment 8.1 %

add 114,000 jobs

unemployment drops to 7.8%

It hardly takes a rocket scientist to figure out that the only way to get to that number, (7.8%) is lie or doctor the books. Only a partisan would say different.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Comet's Avatar
My God it's full of stars
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,670
Thanks: 3,370
Thanked 5,313 Times in 3,416 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Comet
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
unemployment 8.1 %

add 114,000 jobs

unemployment drops to 7.8%
That is not evidence. That is speculation about something unusual.

Do you have any evidence the numbers were cooked? Who fudged the numbers? In what manner did they doctor them? How much did they exaggerated the numbers?

If you cannot answer each of these questions, you are speaking on a hunch as opposed to evidence.

Just because something is unusual or appears too good to be true does not automatically translate into corruption.
__________________

"The oldest picture book in our possession is the midnight sky" - E. W. Maunder
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,073 Posts
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
That is not evidence. That is speculation about something unusual.

Do you have any evidence the numbers were cooked? Who fudged the numbers? In what manner did they doctor them? How much did they exaggerated the numbers?

If you cannot answer each of these questions, you are speaking on a hunch as opposed to evidence.

Just because something is unusual or appears too good to be true does not automatically translate into corruption.
Let's start with a simple one. We have been gaining right at 115k new jobs a month for years now. Fluctuations up and down but I would say that's a pretty fair average. During every one of those previous months the UE adjusts slightly by +1 or -1. How did this magic month that created 114k new jobs drop the UE by -3?
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Comet's Avatar
My God it's full of stars
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,670
Thanks: 3,370
Thanked 5,313 Times in 3,416 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Comet
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMike View Post
Let's start with a simple one.
Actually, let us take one step at a time. The reason most debates are fruitless is because people continuously change the topic or respond to questions with more questions.

Let us back up and do this the right way starting with the questions I asked you. Can you answer the questions I posed in my last post?

1) Do you have any evidence the numbers were cooked?

2) Who fudged the numbers? In what manner did they doctor them?

3) How much did they exaggerated the numbers?

Answer those and then we can proceed and I will then answer any questions you have.
__________________

"The oldest picture book in our possession is the midnight sky" - E. W. Maunder
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,071
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,073 Posts
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
Actually, let us take one step at a time. The reason most debates are fruitless is because people continuously change the topic or respond to questions with more questions.

Let us back up and do this the right way starting with the questions I asked you. Can you answer the questions I posed in my last post?

1) Do you have any evidence the numbers were cooked?

2) Who fudged the numbers? In what manner did they doctor them?

3) How much did they exaggerated the numbers?

Answer those and then we can proceed and I will then answer any questions you have.
I answered #1 above. DO you agree or disagree with that? We can move to 2 and 3 after that.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Comet's Avatar
My God it's full of stars
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,670
Thanks: 3,370
Thanked 5,313 Times in 3,416 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Comet
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzMike View Post
I answered #1 above.
Yes, but you did not provide evidence of your assertion. You merely pointed out the numbers are unusual given the past history and trends.

Something being unusual does not necessarily translate to someone doing something wrong.

You must show evidence the numbers are incorrect, and thus far you have shown none.

You are not going to make your point or convince anyone by simply holding onto the "it's unusual" card. Must go deeper before hurling accusations.
__________________

"The oldest picture book in our possession is the midnight sky" - E. W. Maunder
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Oftencold's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,936
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,718 Times in 6,203 Posts
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Obama will simply ignore the law. And what's anyone going to do about it?
__________________
“Quod scripsi, scripsi"

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣

“Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making!”
Or if you're a traditionalist,
“Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha!”
And children, say it like you mean it!

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
WallyWager's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,938
Thanks: 1,578
Thanked 9,093 Times in 5,813 Posts
Default Re: Democrats, Obama set fundraising record

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
unemployment 8.1 %

add 114,000 jobs

unemployment drops to 7.8%

It hardly takes a rocket scientist to figure out that the only way to get to that number, (7.8%) is lie or doctor the books. Only a partisan would say different.


Quote:
The drop in the unemployment rate was bolstered by revisions reflecting that employers had added 86,000 more jobs than previously known in July and August, recasting the troubling summer lull in job creation to a season of solid employment gains.

Unemployment rate falls to 7.8% in September - The Washington Post
Oh, look at that, a better summer than first previously estimated. That would help lower the unemployment rate.

It's also telling that when the unemployment rate was higher, you didn't see conservatives attack the BLS and accusing them of cooking the books without any evidence.
__________________
"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." - Donald Trump, on pedophile Jeff Epstein.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WallyWager For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
democrats, fundraising, obama, record, set

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0