Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Education & Curriculum
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Education & Curriculum Discuss 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by jimbo No you don't. The slogan should be make America first again. Then and only then will ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 02:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,933 Posts
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
No you don't. The slogan should be make America first again. Then and only then will America be great again.

The rest of your post. More blathering without a point and not relevant to the topic.
I think slogans are sort of dumb anyway. The U.S. was already great. It's the divisive right who constantly claims to be victims that are hurting the country.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 03:06 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 73,376
Thanks: 52,930
Thanked 25,272 Times in 17,940 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 H and H View Post
It is only dangerous to the left wing liberals who are trying to take over our country. This is exactly why we need Donald Trump to stir this sentiment up big time in the USA this election. Time to make American citizens first.

Time to stop the illegals from coming here, time to control the borders, time to take our country back from all of the Democrats who are trying to change it.

We need a big dose of nationalism right now. Do away with the socialist who call them selves Democrats.

Regards, Kirk
no.
it was a good idea of Napoleon's to help a conquered state fight another country for him, but time Hitler came along it got pretty damned scary.
National pride is fine to an extent. That extent being surface, fun and frankly shallow.
I think what these Canadians may be afraid of is the deeper darker true nationalistic comrade sprung up along the campaign trail.
__________________
As a small business owner for over 30 years I can guarantee that taxes are at the bottom of my worries. My number one worry is will people want to buy my product. If the answer is no then a zero tax rate will mean nothing. Everyone from Bill Gates to a Pizza parlor owner knows this except the politicians. And yet they get reelected again and again. so who is the bigger fool here. we the people or the politicians_______Pattu
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 03:16 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,160
Thanks: 7,677
Thanked 6,475 Times in 3,932 Posts
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
I think slogans are sort of dumb anyway. The U.S. was already great. It's the divisive right who constantly claims to be victims that are hurting the country.
Opinions not based on fact.

Mikeyy, it's not the right who holds themselves out as victims. The government has entire departments allegedly helping the "victims". Affirmative action. DOJ discrimination to name a couple. Ever hear of either helping a white guy who lost a job to a >>>>>(fill in the blank)?

Divisive right? Ever hear of the only white lives matter movement?
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 06:13 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Western Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 7,708
Thanked 4,098 Times in 2,669 Posts
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
I think what these Canadians may be afraid of is the deeper darker true nationalistic comrade sprung up along the campaign trail.
I think Canada is a bastion of liberalism.

For now anyway. But that can and will change. Liberalism has a way of killing it self, as long as free thinking people who are actually responsible for themselves are in the majority.

Most of Canada's population lives in cities. Even more so than here in the states. Canada has had a pretty open border policy, and we see many immigrants have come there in the last decade or so.

I think it is merely pure liberalism that would declare "Make America great again" hate speech. If they want to be friends, neighbors, and trading partners with us, maybe they should keep their opinions to themselves. Other wise we could restrict trade here, and believe me, that would get their attention.

Regards, Kirk
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 06:16 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,933 Posts
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

You are in the victim party. Your party doesn't think America is great unless you put your man child in office. Then you think it will be made great. Like his university.,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Opinions not based on fact.

Mikeyy, it's not the right who holds themselves out as victims. The government has entire departments allegedly helping the "victims". Affirmative action. DOJ discrimination to name a couple. Ever hear of either helping a white guy who lost a job to a >>>>>(fill in the blank)?

Divisive right? Ever hear of the only white lives matter movement?
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 06:54 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,160
Thanks: 7,677
Thanked 6,475 Times in 3,932 Posts
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
You are in the victim party. Your party doesn't think America is great unless you put your man child in office. Then you think it will be made great. Like his university.,
Mikeyy at his best. Or at his typical.

First, desultory opinions presented as fact, with no facts in evidence. Then the ever popular denigrating name calling, then the attempt at diversion.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,933 Posts
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

Who are you talking to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Mikeyy at his best. Or at his typical.

First, desultory opinions presented as fact, with no facts in evidence. Then the ever popular denigrating name calling, then the attempt at diversion.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 07:21 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,160
Thanks: 7,677
Thanked 6,475 Times in 3,932 Posts
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
Who are you talking to?
The entire forum. I am responding to whomever I quoted. Any meaningful rebuttle?
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,933 Posts
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
The entire forum. I am responding to whomever I quoted. Any meaningful rebuttle?
The entire forum can read what I said. Are you reporting and spinning for them? BTW when did America stop being great?
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-17-2016, 07:35 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,160
Thanks: 7,677
Thanked 6,475 Times in 3,932 Posts
Default Re: 'Make America Great Again' branded as hate speech on Canadian campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
The entire forum can read what I said. Are you reporting and spinning for them? BTW when did America stop being great?
Nope. I responded to you. Somehow I think most of the others can speak for themselves.

Got any meaningful rebuttal?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
again, america, branded, campus, canadian, great, hate, make, speech

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0