Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Education & Curriculum
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Education & Curriculum Discuss ‘Make America Great Again’ whiteboard messages deemed ‘racial attack’ by campus bias at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by Manitou Now back to all this rampant racism going on. Can that also include an appeal to ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2016, 09:38 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,626
Thanks: 1,379
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,528 Posts
Default Re: ‘Make America Great Again’ whiteboard messages deemed ‘racial attack’ by campus b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Now back to all this rampant racism going on.
Can that also include an appeal to anti-Semitism?
__________________
"Donald Trump is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president," John D. Gartner PhD
Professor of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University Medical School.

Gartner states Trump's public behavior meets the diagnostic criteria for "malignant narcissism" which include anti-social behavior, sadism, aggressiveness, paranoia and grandiosity. "Alternative Facts" refers to the delusional world of Donald Trump.

Last edited by ShivaTD; 04-13-2017 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2016, 10:13 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,553
Thanks: 6,556
Thanked 5,223 Times in 3,227 Posts
Default Re: ‘Make America Great Again’ whiteboard messages deemed ‘racial attack’ by campus b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
This is an extremely cynical view of America and politics that while some share this belief it's really not supported by facts and unlike the cynics I have always had great hopes for the future of America as we move slowly two steps forward and one step back in ultimately achieving the ideological goal upon which America was founded.

For example we took two step forward with the 15th Amendment that prohibited racial discrimination in voting but then took a step back when we revoked the right to vote for non-citizens because they were predominately not "white men" at the time. We took two steps forward when the Voting Rights Act was passed and one step backwards when Section 4b was stuck down by the US Supreme Court and not replaced based upon current discrimination against minorities in our voting laws. We took two steps forward with the Equal Pay Act and one step backwards when Congress refused to expand the criteria that could be used in a lawsuit to document discriminatory pay practices.

So yes, we continue to make progress but then regressive conservatism steps in and forces us back one step for every two steps of progressivism that moves us forward.
Are you implying, more specifically stating, that the striking of non citizens voting privileges is because they were white men? Believe it or not, everything is not about race, although some consistently use race as their fall back position no matter the subject. We removed any doubt that non-citizens could vote in federal elections. All non citizens. A position most thinking citizens would agree with.

I'm not sure your point concerning 4 B, but I believe all of Section 4 was overturned. I'm not positive, however, and it's not worth my time to look it up.

Like many of your posts, there's not much fact, but a lot of opinions presented falsely as fact. I especially liked your "fact" regressive conservatism (bad) and progressivism (good). Many would disagree.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,522
Thanks: 169
Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,500 Posts
Default Re: ‘Make America Great Again’ whiteboard messages deemed ‘racial attack’ by campus b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
No comprende senor. Tu habla espańola?
Dr. Claw: No, no, no. I comprendo, you comprende. Can't you get the word for Pete's sake? Pull out his safe chip before he butchers another language. --INSPECTOR GADGET
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,522
Thanks: 169
Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,500 Posts
Default Re: ‘Make America Great Again’ whiteboard messages deemed ‘racial attack’ by campus b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Can that also include an appeal to anti-Semitism?
What is it about the Arabs that bothers you?
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,694
Thanks: 1,662
Thanked 9,535 Times in 5,911 Posts
Default Re: ‘Make America Great Again’ whiteboard messages deemed ‘racial attack’ by campus b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
So if I say I want to make America great again, that statement and me are racist because Trump?
If you're a white Republican, you're automatically classified as a racist. It says so right on page 58 of the Democratic Handbook.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
again’, america, attack’, bias, campus, deemed, great, messages, whiteboard, ‘make, ‘racial

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0