Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Economics
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Economics Discuss US Wholesale Prices Rose Record 8.6% Over 12 Months at the Political Forums; Welcome to the Biden economy. Inflation at the wholesale level rose 8.6% in September compared to a year ago, the ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2021, 10:03 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,278
Thanks: 13,902
Thanked 15,308 Times in 8,772 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default US Wholesale Prices Rose Record 8.6% Over 12 Months

Welcome to the Biden economy.

Quote:
Inflation at the wholesale level rose 8.6% in September compared to a year ago, the largest advance since the 12-month change was first calculated in 2010.
Just like corporate tax increases these wholesale price increases are passed along to the consumer. Who gets hit the hardest? Low and fixed income consumers, rich elites like Biden barely feel these higher prices.

But don't worry these are just temporary adjustments. The Biden administration assures us these price increases will abate on the 5th of never.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business...over-12-months
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2021, 09:38 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 87,985
Thanks: 57,054
Thanked 26,844 Times in 19,295 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: US Wholesale Prices Rose Record 8.6% Over 12 Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Welcome to the Biden economy.



Just like corporate tax increases these wholesale price increases are passed along to the consumer. Who gets hit the hardest? Low and fixed income consumers, rich elites like Biden barely feel these higher prices.

But don't worry these are just temporary adjustments. The Biden administration assures us these price increases will abate on the 5th of never.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business...over-12-months
Not as big as it looks. Been going up since the hole that was 2008; but a bit higher than August, because
From your article:

"...the pandemic has snarled supply chains and demand has outstripped supply"
And it goes on to say:
"Biden took actions in an effort to address the supply chain problems including announcing that the Port of Los Angeles would begin operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week to clear bottlenecks at one of America's largest ports".
So that means we are doing the right thing as:
"...the jump in wholesale and retail prices reflected impacts of the pandemic as strong demand is running up against supply chain problems".

But beware, cuz as your article states:
"'The demand impact will fade further over coming months,” said Rubeela Farooqi, chief U.S. economist at High Frequency Economics. “But there is a risk of more persistent headwinds from broken supply chains that could keep goods prices and inflation high for longer than expected'.”

I'm glad I could address this for you.
__________________
“Hate is like an acid. It damages the vessel in which it’s stored and destroys the vessels on which it’s poured.”
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-17-2021, 09:25 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,278
Thanks: 13,902
Thanked 15,308 Times in 8,772 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: US Wholesale Prices Rose Record 8.6% Over 12 Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Not as big as it looks. Been going up since the hole that was 2008; but a bit higher than August, because
From your article:

"...the pandemic has snarled supply chains and demand has outstripped supply"
And it goes on to say:
"Biden took actions in an effort to address the supply chain problems including announcing that the Port of Los Angeles would begin operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week to clear bottlenecks at one of America's largest ports".
So that means we are doing the right thing as:
"...the jump in wholesale and retail prices reflected impacts of the pandemic as strong demand is running up against supply chain problems".

But beware, cuz as your article states:
"'The demand impact will fade further over coming months,” said Rubeela Farooqi, chief U.S. economist at High Frequency Economics. “But there is a risk of more persistent headwinds from broken supply chains that could keep goods prices and inflation high for longer than expected'.”

I'm glad I could address this for you.
Did you miss that the 12 month increase is the highest increase since the statistic began being tracked in 2010? Yet you claim the inflation has been going on since 2008.

It's not a global supply chain interruption when ships are stacked up loaded with cargo outside of our ports. The port of LA has unloaded a record amount of cargo this year but still inflation is spiking. Biden's miracle solution of 24/7 port operations doesn’t have an implementation schedule nor does it offer a solution to the problem of distribution on shore caused by a lack of trucks and workers.

https://losangeles-cbslocal-com.cdn....-operations%2F

Inflation is caused by too many dollars chasing too few goods and services. Of course Democrats pumping trillions of debt dollars into the economy isn't considered, it's just a global supply chain problem.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2021, 07:08 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,688
Thanks: 12,866
Thanked 9,378 Times in 5,335 Posts
Default Re: US Wholesale Prices Rose Record 8.6% Over 12 Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Not as big as it looks. Been going up since the hole that was 2008; but a bit higher than August, because
From your article:

"...the pandemic has snarled supply chains and demand has outstripped supply"
And it goes on to say:
"Biden took actions in an effort to address the supply chain problems including announcing that the Port of Los Angeles would begin operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week to clear bottlenecks at one of America's largest ports".
So that means we are doing the right thing as:
"...the jump in wholesale and retail prices reflected impacts of the pandemic as strong demand is running up against supply chain problems".

But beware, cuz as your article states:
"'The demand impact will fade further over coming months,” said Rubeela Farooqi, chief U.S. economist at High Frequency Economics. “But there is a risk of more persistent headwinds from broken supply chains that could keep goods prices and inflation high for longer than expected'.”

I'm glad I could address this for you.
With your apparent understanding of economics, I would suggest that you focus on other topics. You have no idea what you are talking about and how the economy works.

Apparently neither does Rubeela Farooqi. However the most likely reason for Farooqi making such absurd comments is that he/she is just another left wing shill.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2021, 11:01 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 20,278
Thanks: 13,902
Thanked 15,308 Times in 8,772 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: US Wholesale Prices Rose Record 8.6% Over 12 Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
With your apparent understanding of economics, I would suggest that you focus on other topics. You have no idea what you are talking about and how the economy works.

Apparently neither does Rubeela Farooqi. However the most likely reason for Farooqi making such absurd comments is that he/she is just another left wing shill.
The sad part is she is just repeating the idiotic explanation of the Biden administration.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-18-2021, 11:27 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,688
Thanks: 12,866
Thanked 9,378 Times in 5,335 Posts
Default Re: US Wholesale Prices Rose Record 8.6% Over 12 Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The sad part is she is just repeating the idiotic explanation of the Biden administration.
Exactly. I was thinking that they must think that we are all completely stupid and unable to see through their lies with common sense and a basic knowledge of fundamental economics. Then I realized that we (conservatives) are not their target audience. They are simply talking to their base that apparently are not educated and intelligent enough to see through their BS.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2021, 01:00 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 87,985
Thanks: 57,054
Thanked 26,844 Times in 19,295 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: US Wholesale Prices Rose Record 8.6% Over 12 Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Did you miss that the 12 month increase is the highest increase since the statistic began being tracked in 2010? Yet you claim the inflation has been going on since 2008.

It's not a global supply chain interruption when ships are stacked up loaded with cargo outside of our ports. The port of LA has unloaded a record amount of cargo this year but still inflation is spiking. Biden's miracle solution of 24/7 port operations doesn’t have an implementation schedule nor does it offer a solution to the problem of distribution on shore caused by a lack of trucks and workers.

https://losangeles-cbslocal-com.cdn....-operations%2F

Inflation is caused by too many dollars chasing too few goods and services. Of course Democrats pumping trillions of debt dollars into the economy isn't considered, it's just a global supply chain problem.
Maybe they'll call up the guard to drive and unload.
__________________
“Hate is like an acid. It damages the vessel in which it’s stored and destroys the vessels on which it’s poured.”
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10-19-2021, 07:24 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,688
Thanks: 12,866
Thanked 9,378 Times in 5,335 Posts
Default Re: US Wholesale Prices Rose Record 8.6% Over 12 Months

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Maybe they'll call up the guard to drive and unload.
The first thing they SHOULD do but won't, is to abandon these Trillions of dollars spending bills. All they do is create money out of thin air to put into the economy, further degrading the value of the dollar. But that doesn't create a slew of new Federal programs designed to funnel money into Democratic coffers.

The immediate problem in California with the ports is the bill that California passed a couple of years ago that essentially made it illegal for truck drivers to contract out to a business to haul their goods. In order to do so, the company that hires for their services now must make them full time employees and provide benefits. This essentially wiped out independent truckers in California.

The other thing going on is the overreaching mandates that make trucks more than a few years old, illegal to operate in California. They can operate in all of the other 56 states (according to Obama), but they are illegal in California.

If the Marxists in the Biden administration and the Marxists in the California assembly were serious, they would reverse these onerous rules and allow owner operators to operate as they do in the rest of the country. But that would not fit the narrative so look forward to continued finger pointing and excuses instead of actual solutions. Also, stock up on things that you cannot live without as there will soon be rationing of some goods.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
86%, months, over, prices, record, rose, wholesale

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0