Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Economics
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Economics Discuss Disappointing Economy on the Horizon at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Dog Man There is always economic failure when the left takes over. The things they do causes ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2021, 01:00 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,192
Thanks: 57,099
Thanked 26,866 Times in 19,315 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
There is always economic failure when the left takes over. The things they do causes prices to go up. Oil & Gas is just one example. High taxes on the rich people that employ workers, causes main stream middle class items to go up.

When the rich are taxed more, and regulated to death, EVERYBODY PAYS!
RICH PEOPLE DON'T EMPLOY WORKERS.
Unless they have a business that needs labor. Ooh now bezos is paying 15 whoopy ding. He shoulda paid that a long time ago. Walmart pays most people not enough to not qualify for food stamps.
Be that as it may, PEOPLE who are wealthy don't normally employ anybody but a maid and a boat boy.
Buyers employ people. Us consumers. And if we don't make enough money (the vast number of consumers are not making 200 thou or 400 K per couple) They make chicken feed up to 80 K and that is hard to make ends meet if they have a family and two cars, two insurances, school clothes etc. But ones I know barely make 40K. Not everyone is a couple either. They are widowed, divorced, single and married. The best off would be gay men because they command 25% more than a man and woman couple and 50% more than a lesbian couple. But I got side tracked...
We need more regulation not less. They have been deregulating the hell out of everything since the 80s. Why did that plant blow up in Texas? Why is food more unsafe? Why is internet so costly or else it's not worth a crap?
RE Pub Lick ants.
They (politician ones) don't know how to add unless it's into their own pockets.
__________________
On a more positive note, people still can't order dialysis w/o a referral.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2021, 01:04 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,192
Thanks: 57,099
Thanked 26,866 Times in 19,315 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Biden doesn't have a jobs plan, he has vague promises of green energy employment at some undefined future time. About what would be expected from a lifelong isolated politician who has never had a serious private sector job.
and other jobs building sht like that damned bridge between Ark and Tennessee.
The economy has been wrecked for the little guy for a very long time but if it takes willpower Biden will fix it. The only thing in his way is the turtle.
__________________
On a more positive note, people still can't order dialysis w/o a referral.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2021, 11:34 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,644
Thanks: 10,339
Thanked 8,780 Times in 5,793 Posts
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
and other jobs building sht like that damned bridge between Ark and Tennessee.
The economy has been wrecked for the little guy for a very long time but if it takes willpower Biden will fix it. The only thing in his way is the turtle.
I was the little guy, 8 years in the military, no college to speak of, no help from government, or family, ever. But now at 62 I am retiring comfortably.

There is still opportunity out there for EVERYONE that wants to work for it.

We will see if Biden can get the unemployment rate down to where is was under Trump before the Wuhan flu. I truly believe he will not even get close.

He will blame someone for not being able to do it, probably the rich, because they HATE low unemployment.

Have you ever thought about WHO prospers and gains power from high unemployment? Think about it.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2021, 12:17 PM
Dave1's Avatar
...Fair and Balanced...
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,805
Thanks: 4,572
Thanked 5,754 Times in 3,381 Posts
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
There is always economic failure when the left takes over.
That is not a true statement....


The Clinton years were great and Barack Obama had the monster task of cleaning up after Bush's second term....(two unfunded wars, a banking industry meltdown and the stock market crash of 08)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave1 For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2021, 12:28 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,644
Thanks: 10,339
Thanked 8,780 Times in 5,793 Posts
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
That is not a true statement....


The Clinton years were great and Barack Obama had the monster task of cleaning up after Bush's second term....(two unfunded wars, a banking industry meltdown and the stock market crash of 08)
My company struggled through the Obama years, things came back right after Trump was elected, until the flu hit. High Taxes and onerous regulations always affects the economy in a bad way. That is exactly what kept Obama from reaching the low unemployment that Trump achieved. He could have done what Trump did, but he is a Democrat.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2021, 01:09 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,192
Thanks: 57,099
Thanked 26,866 Times in 19,315 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I was the little guy, 8 years in the military, no college to speak of, no help from government, or family, ever. But now at 62 I am retiring comfortably.

There is still opportunity out there for EVERYONE that wants to work for it.

We will see if Biden can get the unemployment rate down to where is was under Trump before the Wuhan flu. I truly believe he will not even get close.

He will blame someone for not being able to do it, probably the rich, because they HATE low unemployment.

Have you ever thought about WHO prospers and gains power from high unemployment? Think about it.
You forget Obama's administration brought the unemployment down after the little depression of 2008 when it took a year or two to get back on track. The reason there was such smooth sailing had everything to do with that preparation. If Trump had worried about the pandemic more than how employment numbers looked for his candidacy, he would still be President right now.
It's a big picture, son. But you gotta show a little humanity along the way.
__________________
On a more positive note, people still can't order dialysis w/o a referral.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2021, 06:59 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,866
Thanks: 10,814
Thanked 8,720 Times in 5,161 Posts
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
RICH PEOPLE DON'T EMPLOY WORKERS.
Unless they have a business that needs labor. Ooh now bezos is paying 15 whoopy ding. He shoulda paid that a long time ago. Walmart pays most people not enough to not qualify for food stamps.
Be that as it may, PEOPLE who are wealthy don't normally employ anybody but a maid and a boat boy.
Buyers employ people. Us consumers. And if we don't make enough money (the vast number of consumers are not making 200 thou or 400 K per couple) They make chicken feed up to 80 K and that is hard to make ends meet if they have a family and two cars, two insurances, school clothes etc. But ones I know barely make 40K. Not everyone is a couple either. They are widowed, divorced, single and married. The best off would be gay men because they command 25% more than a man and woman couple and 50% more than a lesbian couple. But I got side tracked...
We need more regulation not less. They have been deregulating the hell out of everything since the 80s. Why did that plant blow up in Texas? Why is food more unsafe? Why is internet so costly or else it's not worth a crap?
RE Pub Lick ants.
They (politician ones) don't know how to add unless it's into their own pockets.
Do you have a source for this bat crap crazy nonsense? Or do you just make it up as you go along?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2021, 11:20 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,644
Thanks: 10,339
Thanked 8,780 Times in 5,793 Posts
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
You forget Obama's administration brought the unemployment down after the little depression of 2008 when it took a year or two to get back on track. The reason there was such smooth sailing had everything to do with that preparation. If Trump had worried about the pandemic more than how employment numbers looked for his candidacy, he would still be President right now.
It's a big picture, son. But you gotta show a little humanity along the way.
Little is correct, we struggled along for 8 years, it should have taken 6 months. If Hillary had been elected, we would have struggled along for another 4 years.

If we had someone like Trump in the 30's we would have recovered long before WWII. Mega high taxes kept the depression going far longer than it needed to.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2021, 11:25 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,644
Thanks: 10,339
Thanked 8,780 Times in 5,793 Posts
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
That is not a true statement....


The Clinton years were great and Barack Obama had the monster task of cleaning up after Bush's second term....(two unfunded wars, a banking industry meltdown and the stock market crash of 08)
The market crash and banking meltdown was due to the idiots in congress.

2006-2008 the left controlled this country, not the right, and not Bush.
__________________
Political Correctness, is Fascism masquerading as manners - George Carlin.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2021, 01:51 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 88,192
Thanks: 57,099
Thanked 26,866 Times in 19,315 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Disappointing Economy on the Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
The market crash and banking meltdown was due to the idiots in congress.

2006-2008 the left controlled this country, not the right, and not Bush.
From Jan 20, 2001 until January 3, 2007, both houses of congress were controlled by Republicans.
(Nancy Pelosi became House speaker in 2007, but Dick Cheney remained the Senate President until until January 20, 2009).

The Bush tax cuts --

Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA)
Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 (JGTRRA)

(source WIKI)
__________________
On a more positive note, people still can't order dialysis w/o a referral.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disappointing, economy, horizon, the

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0