Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Economics (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/economics/)
-   -   JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962 (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/economics/58231-jfk-explains-why-us-needs-medicare-all-1962-a.html)

saltwn 11-10-2019 11:08 PM

JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 

Anyone else ever hear of this?

GottaGo 11-11-2019 10:04 AM

Re: JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 
Why do liberal/progressives hark back to decades old events to supposedly support what they want today, and call conservatives regressives?

GetAClue 11-11-2019 12:26 PM

Re: JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaGo (Post 980239)
Why do liberal/progressives hark back to decades old events to supposedly support what they want today, and call conservatives regressives?

Again, if you ever want to know what Progressives are up to just listen to what they are accusing Republicans (Conservatives) of doing.

Dave1 11-11-2019 01:09 PM

Re: JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaGo (Post 980239)
Why do liberal/progressives hark back to decades old events to supposedly support what they want today,

Hmmm....


Kinda like republicans always do when they talk about Ronald Reagan....??

That is all you heard from the right when McCain and Romney were running...

GottaGo 11-11-2019 01:39 PM

Re: JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave1 (Post 980256)
Hmmm....


Kinda like republicans always do when they talk about Ronald Reagan....??

That is all you heard from the right when McCain and Romney were running...

Then you and I heard different things, but then again, I'm not a Republican.

What I refer to is things like reparations: slavery happened 100s of years ago, but want people today, who had nothing to do with slavery, and don't own slaves, to pay for what their ancestors might have done.

Healthcare: addressing it in a method that may have been applicable 50+ years ago, which is not applicable today.

By that thinking, we shouldn't have electricity, but community fires relit at Samhain... after all, it was fuel efficient and didn't contribute to climate change...

Dave1 11-11-2019 01:50 PM

Re: JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GottaGo (Post 980257)
Then you and I heard different things, but then again, I'm not a Republican.

What I refer to is things like reparations: slavery happened 100s of years ago, but want people today, who had nothing to do with slavery, and don't own slaves, to pay for what their ancestors might have done.

Healthcare: addressing it in a method that may have been applicable 50+ years ago, which is not applicable today.

By that thinking, we shouldn't have electricity, but community fires relit at Samhain... after all, it was fuel efficient and didn't contribute to climate change...

Reparations....:rolls That is only for the fringe idiots, none of the masses in either party go along with that BS, thank God

Healthcare is a different story. With big Pharm and insurance companies running the show, it has to be tweaked constantly to meet the needs of the masses....

cnredd 11-11-2019 06:11 PM

Re: JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave1 (Post 980259)
Reparations....:rolls That is only for the fringe idiots, none of the masses in either party go along with that BS, thank God

Parsing...

EVERY Democrat candidate (with the one exception of Marianne Williamson) has supported actual government studies on reparations put forth by Sheila Jackson Lee (ie "FRINGE"):yes

https://www.politico.com/2020-electi...y/reparations/

Quote:

Study reparations

Democrats who support studying reparations fall in line with a plan from Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), who has proposed forming a commission to define reparations and suggest the form any compensation should take. Most presidential candidates have supported her legislation and said they would sign the bill if elected president.

Sen. Cory Booker has introduced similar legislation in the Senate. Sens. Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Kirsten Gillibrand, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have all co-sponsored the bill.

Former Vice President Joe Biden hasn't endorsed either bill, but his communications director, Kate Bedingfield, told VICE this year that he thinks the U.S. should "gather the data necessary to have an informed conversation about reparations."
And try to take a guess on how a fringe study on a fringe topic would turn out...:yes :rolls

cnredd 11-11-2019 06:15 PM

Re: JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave1 (Post 980259)
Healthcare is a different story. With big Pharm and insurance companies running the show, it has to be tweaked constantly to meet the needs of the masses....

I've said this before...

Everybody keeps arguing over who is going to pay for $45 Tylenols and $4000-a-night hospital beds but NO ONE is doing sh*t about the fact that $45 Tylenols and $4000-a-night hospital beds EXIST...:no :mad

loboloco 11-11-2019 08:23 PM

Re: JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cnredd (Post 980273)
I've said this before...

Everybody keeps arguing over who is going to pay for $45 Tylenols and $4000-a-night hospital beds but NO ONE is doing sh*t about the fact that $45 Tylenols and $4000-a-night hospital beds EXIST...:no :mad

Easily remedied. Do away with any government mandates for insurance, remove the tax incentive for employers to provide insurance and get comprehensive tort reform. All of those excess charges would disappear quickly.

cnredd 11-11-2019 09:30 PM

Re: JFK Explains Why US Needs Medicare for All In 1962
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by loboloco (Post 980277)
Easily remedied. Do away with any government mandates for insurance, remove the tax incentive for employers to provide insurance and get comprehensive tort reform. All of those excess charges would disappear quickly.

One more...

Get rid of the regulations that force hospitals and health facilities to have an "administrator" on hand (making 6 figures) whose only job is to muddle through the paperwork...:yes :mad

This New Report Found That ObamaCare Has Added 48 Million Hours of Paperwork


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0