Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Economics
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Economics Discuss Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth? at the Political Forums; Or are they the true victims here? You Tube You Tube...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2019, 02:47 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,771
Thanks: 55,282
Thanked 26,192 Times in 18,730 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

Or are they the true victims here?

__________________
"The President's not a racist." He just plays one on TV".~ Emsley Wyatt
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2019, 02:16 AM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,739
Thanks: 1,167
Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,254 Posts
Default Re: Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

One of my most painful political experiences was learning that my dad is in a vanishingly small minority and 95% of conservatives aren't like him at all. He (for example) voted Republican until 2018 because he couldn't in good conscience vote for tRUmp or the GOP anymore; thinks the national debt is a serious problem and hates the wall because it's a waste of taxpayer money; and dislikes what he perceives as "PC culture" but taught us that racism is wrong and it's important to treat everyone equally and supports gay rights and gay marriage. I'm not saying he's perfect. He voted for tRUmp, Bush and Reagan. He supported Kavanaugh (ouch). But there is a measure of internal consistency and logic to his positions - he cares about what he says he cares about and relies on actual facts. It was sad to learn that most modern day Republicans aren't like that.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 102.

-- SOURCE --
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedState For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,339
Thanks: 10,597
Thanked 11,141 Times in 6,682 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedState View Post
One of my most painful political experiences was learning that my dad is in a vanishingly small minority and 95% of conservatives aren't like him at all. He (for example) voted Republican until 2018 because he couldn't in good conscience vote for tRUmp or the GOP anymore; thinks the national debt is a serious problem and hates the wall because it's a waste of taxpayer money; and dislikes what he perceives as "PC culture" but taught us that racism is wrong and it's important to treat everyone equally and supports gay rights and gay marriage. I'm not saying he's perfect. He voted for tRUmp, Bush and Reagan. He supported Kavanaugh (ouch). But there is a measure of internal consistency and logic to his positions - he cares about what he says he cares about and relies on actual facts. It was sad to learn that most modern day Republicans aren't like that.
So daddy is a never Trumper, that prized Republican by the Left that is content to man their spot on the circular firing squad while boasting of their own ideological purity. It's this go along get along timid politician running as a Conservative but terrified of displeasing Democrats that set the table for Trump.

You claim to care about "actual" facts but then are embarrassed by your father refusing to succumb to the fact free hysteria surrounding the Kavanaugh nomination. You claim to be concerned about the national debt but post a video fear mongering a small cut in Medicaid spending will deny health care to millions ignoring the fact that entitlement programs are the main driver of the national debt. You claim the wall will not work while ignoring the huge success of barriers in the Yuma sector in reducing illegal crossings. The fact that the same Democrats who previously supported border security now oppose building a wall doesn't bother you at all.

It's not the mythical 95% of Conservatives that have trouble with the facts it's the radical Progressives ascendant in the Democrat party who insist partisan talking points are facts that are the problem.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2019, 01:37 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,624
Thanks: 8,738
Thanked 12,051 Times in 6,701 Posts
Default Re: Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

I my opinion, I think most current Trump supporters became so slowly and reluctantly. When he announced his candidacy I scoffed having no reason to like the guy. Called him a clown here on this forum and others

But overtime, and in comparison to the establishment GOP candidates he began to make sense of what it was the American people wanted from their government. Many of my friends went through the same thoughtful reasoning. Nothing gullible about that approach.

I have found that most Trump supporters fall into this category.

Blindly listening to a candidate who does nothing but complain about how bad a person the other side is, how bad a country the USA is, and finding that appealing,,,,is gullibility defined.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2019, 04:39 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,771
Thanks: 55,282
Thanked 26,192 Times in 18,730 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
I my opinion, I think most current Trump supporters became so slowly and reluctantly. When he announced his candidacy I scoffed having no reason to like the guy. Called him a clown here on this forum and others

But overtime, and in comparison to the establishment GOP candidates he began to make sense of what it was the American people wanted from their government. Many of my friends went through the same thoughtful reasoning. Nothing gullible about that approach.

I have found that most Trump supporters fall into this category.

Blindly listening to a candidate who does nothing but complain about how bad a person the other side is, how bad a country the USA is, and finding that appealing,,,,is gullibility defined.
defines trump and most msm especially foxnews
__________________
"The President's not a racist." He just plays one on TV".~ Emsley Wyatt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,339
Thanks: 10,597
Thanked 11,141 Times in 6,682 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
I my opinion, I think most current Trump supporters became so slowly and reluctantly. When he announced his candidacy I scoffed having no reason to like the guy. Called him a clown here on this forum and others

But overtime, and in comparison to the establishment GOP candidates he began to make sense of what it was the American people wanted from their government. Many of my friends went through the same thoughtful reasoning. Nothing gullible about that approach.

I have found that most Trump supporters fall into this category.

Blindly listening to a candidate who does nothing but complain about how bad a person the other side is, how bad a country the USA is, and finding that appealing,,,,is gullibility defined.
Trump was and is a refreshing change from the carefully calibrated, focus group tested politicians too afraid to speak openly because that might anger the other side or the media.

Trump wants to change the imaging legacy of Obama and the Washington elite establishment. That upsets the the cozy positions of many people but none more so than the Democrats. At the core Progressives are terrified of the prospect of someone who is not beholden to them making changes . They had it all set up to continue the process of fundamentally transforming the US into just another socialist paradise with a majority of voters permanently locked in to dependence on their vote buying schemes. Trump said no to reducing the US into just one among many nations, they hate him for it.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2019, 06:14 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 80,771
Thanks: 55,282
Thanked 26,192 Times in 18,730 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Trump was and is a refreshing change from the carefully calibrated, focus group tested politicians too afraid to speak openly because that might anger the other side or the media.

Trump wants to change the imaging legacy of Obama and the Washington elite establishment. That upsets the the cozy positions of many people but none more so than the Democrats. At the core Progressives are terrified of the prospect of someone who is not beholden to them making changes . They had it all set up to continue the process of fundamentally transforming the US into just another socialist paradise with a majority of voters permanently locked in to dependence on their vote buying schemes. Trump said no to reducing the US into just one among many nations, they hate him for it.
my gosh he's out for himself; can you not see that?
__________________
"The President's not a racist." He just plays one on TV".~ Emsley Wyatt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 17,339
Thanks: 10,597
Thanked 11,141 Times in 6,682 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
my gosh he's out for himself; can you not see that?
There is no evidence for your claim, it's just like Russian collusion vapid rhetoric.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-03-2019, 09:15 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,624
Thanks: 8,738
Thanked 12,051 Times in 6,701 Posts
Default Re: Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
my gosh he's out for himself; can you not see that?

We see plenty. But not the crap you seem to observe.
Perhaps if you lifted your eyes from the chain mail, you would see better.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2019, 08:41 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 12,696
Thanks: 10,558
Thanked 8,792 Times in 5,527 Posts
Default Re: Are Trump Supporters the Most Gullible People on Earth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
my gosh he's out for himself; can you not see that?
How is he 'out for himself'?

How does terminating the PPACA benefit Trump? He has no need of it.

How does the Trade situation benefit Trump? It doesn't, it actually harms him in his wheeling and dealing.

How does adding lands to the conservation help Trump? It doesn't.

How does the border wall benefit Trump? It may satisfy his personal want of limiting the influx of Hispanics (generalized term), but it also benefits the American people in regards to the influx of all illegal aliens. Yes, we need additional measures for those who overstay legal visas, but not everything can be fixed in one swoop.

Yes, there are some things that will benefit him, and the American people, in the long run. But virtually every action of every president has had a benefit to at least some of the people, and therefore reflects onto the President for his actions.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
are, earth, gullible, most, people, supporters, the, trump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0