Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Economics
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Economics Discuss Why the middle class canít afford life in America anymore at the Political Forums; Why the middle class canít afford life in America anymore If you are middle class you pay the following... federal ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,381 Times in 832 Posts
Default Re: Why the middle class canít afford life in America anymore

Quote:
Why the middle class canít afford life in America anymore
If you are middle class you pay the following...
federal income tax
Social Security tax
Medicare tax
State income tax (most states)
sales tax (most states)
property tax (if you rent, that tax is built into your rent)
vehicle registration fees
gasoline tax, federal and state
FCC tax on your phone
FCC tax on your internet connection
if you use alcohol or tobacco you pay both state and federal taxes

The middle class is being nickle and dime'd to death by taxes and government fees, that's why they can't afford life.
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,381 Times in 832 Posts
Default Re: Why the middle class canít afford life in America anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
After looking at the statistics, it seems that the expense of children is what breaks the bank.

It shows that a living was for single adult here in Nevada is just under 11 bucks and hour, that is pretty easy to make, but add one kid and it more than doubles.

With all the single parents out there, I can see why the numbers have changed so much.

You say at the beginning of the this post, "Stop blaming people" How about "Stop having kids out of wedlock"? or "Stop having kids if you can't afford them"?

Corporations and businesses, do not make people have kids, people are to blame for having kids they can't afford.

But I guess you could blame society for promiscuous behaviors, and for not needing to be married to have a kid, I'm sure there are many other liberal societal
changes you could also blame.
I used to say that I was independently wealthy but my dependents made me poor.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,967
Thanks: 9,054
Thanked 8,231 Times in 5,461 Posts
Default Re: Why the middle class canít afford life in America anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
I used to say that I was independently wealthy but my dependents made me poor.
Just the bare necessities for raising a child to 18 costs 260k, and if you want to give them all the gadgets and toys, and send them to college,
it goes up to 750k

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insu...ising-a-child/
__________________
ďLiberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.Ē
- William F. Buckley
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2018, 06:30 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,381 Times in 832 Posts
Default Re: Why the middle class canít afford life in America anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Just the bare necessities for raising a child to 18 costs 260k, and if you want to give them all the gadgets and toys, and send them to college,
it goes up to 750k

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insu...ising-a-child/
I'm guessing that I spent less than $260k total on raising both my children. But then that article is for 2017, not the 90's. Modest home, no designer clothes, mostly ate at home, cheap vacations such as camping, visiting family.
Bonus, both opted out of college and still landed good jobs. They are millennial's, one works in IT for a health care company and the other works in the insurance industry, both have well paying corporate jobs. Each makes more than the average household income for our city and state and each is married to a spouse that also has income.
It is safe to say that both my children are doing better than I was at their age, and isn't that what all parents want for their children?
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 09-14-2018, 01:09 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,967
Thanks: 9,054
Thanked 8,231 Times in 5,461 Posts
Default Re: Why the middle class canít afford life in America anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
I'm guessing that I spent less than $260k total on raising both my children. But then that article is for 2017, not the 90's. Modest home, no designer clothes, mostly ate at home, cheap vacations such as camping, visiting family.
Bonus, both opted out of college and still landed good jobs. They are millennial's, one works in IT for a health care company and the other works in the insurance industry, both have well paying corporate jobs. Each makes more than the average household income for our city and state and each is married to a spouse that also has income.
It is safe to say that both my children are doing better than I was at their age, and isn't that what all parents want for their children?
That's awesome Bat, good to hear. My wife was not able to have kids, I put that money in the bank.
__________________
ďLiberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.Ē
- William F. Buckley
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
afford, america, anymore, canít, class, life, middle, the, why

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0