Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Economics
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Economics Discuss If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Franklin R at the Political Forums; You Tube You Tube Love FDR's sense of humor....

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 04:51 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 73,554
Thanks: 52,997
Thanked 25,314 Times in 17,972 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Franklin R

Love FDR's sense of humor.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 05:38 AM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 2,462
Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Frankl

I was able to only listen to a little of that, because FDR was one of the worst presidents, laying the foundation for the welfare state that I abhor, and that speech was more of the same BS.
__________________
Every time someone tells me "You're gonna regret that in the morning" I sleep in until noon because I'm a problem solver.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lumara For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 08:47 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,218
Thanks: 6,428
Thanked 9,078 Times in 5,200 Posts
Default Re: If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Frankl

One of the most na´ve ( and ultimately cruel) devious lies told by progressives. They vilify the rich saying if the rich do not like it here they should leave.

It may satisfy the masses, and garner votes, but ignores the facts. If the wealthy leave, they take their money, their inventions, their leadership, and the jobs, which exist or would be created, with them. Leaving the working middle class with no one but the government to "rescue" the people.

Our nation was founded by rich men, most of whom, wanted a nation where anyone could utilize the opportunities presented by a system where all could work to participate and pursue happiness,,,( AKA wealth). Progressives, most of whom have wealth, continue to pursue attempts to reverse that concept and limit opportunity.


How best to do that than vilify the very idea of having "happiness."

We live in a nation where a poor orphan can work hard, achieve success, happiness,,, and even become President. Where the rich are not a "class" but an achievable goal. Making impossible the caste system that had existed in the world for millennia's. Our history proves that is now possible. And it changed the world for the better.

Why does the left insist on the making such success something evil?
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 12-07-2017 at 08:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 09:04 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,171
Thanks: 7,687
Thanked 6,483 Times in 3,935 Posts
Default Re: If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Frankl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
One of the most na´ve ( and ultimately cruel) devious lies told by progressives. They vilify the rich saying if the rich do not like it here they should leave.

It may satisfy the masses, and garner votes, but ignores the facts. If the wealthy leave, they take their money, their inventions, their leadership, and the jobs, which exist or would be created, with them. Leaving the working middle class with no one but the government to "rescue" the people.

Our nation was founded by rich men, most of whom, wanted a nation where anyone could utilize the opportunities presented by a system where all could work to participate and pursue happiness,,,( AKA wealth). Progressives, most of whom have wealth, continue to pursue attempts to reverse that concept and limit opportunity.


How best to do that than vilify the very idea of having "happiness."

We live in a nation where a poor orphan can work hard, achieve success, happiness,,, and even become President. Where the rich are not a "class" but an achievable goal. Making impossible the caste system that had existed in the world for millennia's. Our history proves that is now possible. And it changed the world for the better.

Why does the left insist on the making such success something evil?
People who are able to achieve on their own have the ability to think on their own and no longer need government to do either for them. Liberals believe government of their choosing can do it better.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimbo For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 09:37 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,218
Thanks: 6,428
Thanked 9,078 Times in 5,200 Posts
Default Re: If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Frankl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
People who are able to achieve on their own have the ability to think on their own and no longer need government to do either for them. Liberals believe government of their choosing can do it better.
It is the natural tendency of humankind, IE the masses, to want someone to take care of them. If God is an invention, this is the reason why HE was created.

But for the ancient Jews, he was not enough. they demanded a "King" to take care of them as well. They got Saul. Look how that turned out.

And yet,

The masses still insist on a king, a supreme leader, a person who will make the hard decisions of care, defense and sovereignty. Despite the individuals inner desire to be free, they will give it up, all of it even opportunity, to be free of worry, work and challenge. Those are the citizens who will gladly give up our freedom. And that of our progeny.

One little bit at a time.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 05:10 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 73,554
Thanks: 52,997
Thanked 25,314 Times in 17,972 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Frankl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
I was able to only listen to a little of that, because FDR was one of the worst presidents, laying the foundation for the welfare state that I abhor, and that speech was more of the same BS.
then you missed when he said several business friends said if he became president again they'd have to leave the country and he replied,
"I'm going to miss them very much."

If you don't honor FDR as the best President in modern history, what have you been reading?
My grandparents and mother lived through the depression and them, all their friends and customers at their business said he saved the country. Social Security was started to make sure elderly were never left destitute and homeless as those they had seen and helped as best they could.
I fear this hatred of FDR is a propaganda thing. It is certainly not taught in history if you read it. Go back to Calvin Coolidge in the encyclopedia and read through to the beginning of WWII. You will see for yourself. You don't have to take mine or anyone else's word for it.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 2,462
Thanked 2,324 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Frankl

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
If you don't honor FDR as the best President in modern history, what have you been reading?
Pro-freedom sources, not big-government, anti-freedom pap.

Quote:
I fear this hatred of FDR is a propaganda thing.
Reality is not propaganda just because you disagree with it.
__________________
Every time someone tells me "You're gonna regret that in the morning" I sleep in until noon because I'm a problem solver.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lumara For This Useful Post:
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 06:39 PM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,368
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 2,691 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Re: If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Frankl

We're suppose to take advice from arguably the worst president in history?
Why would we do that?

Aside from his disastrous economic policies, he was also unbelievably racist.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lurch907 For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 09:18 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 73,554
Thanks: 52,997
Thanked 25,314 Times in 17,972 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Frankl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
Pro-freedom sources, not big-government, anti-freedom pap.



Reality is not propaganda just because you disagree with it.
please read the encyclopedia. decide for yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2017, 09:20 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 73,554
Thanks: 52,997
Thanked 25,314 Times in 17,972 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: If The Rich Would Rather Leave than pay Taxes, Let Them (w/Guest President Frankl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
We're suppose to take advice from arguably the worst president in history?
Why would we do that?

Aside from his disastrous economic policies, he was also unbelievably racist.
Wow just wow. Yeah read the encyclopedia. Start with Grover Cleaveland through Hoover and FDR. Don't take anyone's word for it but history's. I suggest the Britannica.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
franklin, leave, let, pay, president, rather, rich, taxes, than, the, them, w or guest, would

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0