Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Economics
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Economics Discuss Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5,692 at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Surly the money went to a US citizen. Prove child abuse. The law is the law. There ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2017, 09:00 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,426
Thanks: 11,818
Thanked 12,680 Times in 7,439 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
the money went to a US citizen. Prove child abuse. The law is the law.
There is nothing that prevents the illegal alien from using the welfare benefits for their own benefit. Yet, the claim is illegal aliens do not benefit from Federal welfare. Common sense tells us this isn't true. But hey, your partisan hatred compells you to zealously deny reality.

Again, explain how illegals are excluded from illegally spending EBT benefits at a fast food restaurant. Oh wait, the illegal alien who ignores our immigration laws on a daily basis, works here illegally, steals ID, drives without a license or insurance, will somehow refrain from using EBT benefits for themselves. That is absurd.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 06:17 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,232
Thanks: 11,416
Thanked 9,522 Times in 5,873 Posts
Default Re: Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
the money went to a US citizen. Prove child abuse. The law is the law.
I didn't say the child was abused. When did you stop beating your wife?
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 06:20 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5

I meant neglect. If the money wasn't spent on the child then I suppose it would be fraud, if not enough money was spent on the child to survive that would be neglect. Illegal immigrants do not get federal welfare. They just don't, even this story does not say they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
I didn't say the child was abused. When did you stop beating your wife?
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 06:27 AM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 13,232
Thanks: 11,416
Thanked 9,522 Times in 5,873 Posts
Default Re: Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
I meant neglect. If the money wasn't spent on the child then I suppose it would be fraud, if not enough money was spent on the child to survive that would be neglect. Illegal immigrants do not get federal welfare. They just don't, even this story does not say they do.
If an illegal immigrant receives $100 per month (just putting a number out there) for benefits for a 'legal' child, but only spends $50 of that on food that benefits the child, it is fraud. Unfortunately, there really isn't a way to 'prove' it.

Too many times a receiving adult of assistance will use that money for what is allowed, and then spends their own money on things not covered, which means they do have the money to feed the child, but prefer to let others pay their child's way. Again, unfortunately, there is not a simple way of preventing it.
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 06:29 AM
Surly's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,299
Thanks: 2,822
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,400 Posts
Default Re: Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5

But the money goes to an American citizen. Not to an illegal. Making the title of the OP untrue. But that wont stop the conservatives from repeating it over and over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
If an illegal immigrant receives $100 per month (just putting a number out there) for benefits for a 'legal' child, but only spends $50 of that on food that benefits the child, it is fraud. Unfortunately, there really isn't a way to 'prove' it.

Too many times a receiving adult of assistance will use that money for what is allowed, and then spends their own money on things not covered, which means they do have the money to feed the child, but prefer to let others pay their child's way. Again, unfortunately, there is not a simple way of preventing it.
__________________
"I am the chosen one."

-Donald
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2017, 08:41 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,426
Thanks: 11,818
Thanked 12,680 Times in 7,439 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly View Post
But the money goes to an American citizen. Not to an illegal. Making the title of the OP untrue. But that wont stop the conservatives from repeating it over and over.
No, the benefit is given to the illegal alien on behalf of the anchor baby. For example, the EBT, food stamp, card is given in the name of the illegal alien parent or caretaker for the child, not the child. The illegal alien receives the welfare, just like the title of the OP asserts.

The claim that illegal aliens do not receive Federal welfare rests on the preposterous notion we ought to trust the same people that openly violate our laws with impunity on a daily basis to only spend EBT credits on their US citizen children.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
261, 692, american, cashing, families, get, illegal, immigrants, more, than, welfare

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0