Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Constitution & The Judicial Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Constitution & The Judicial Branch Discuss DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm at the Political Forums; The Mueller witchhunt indicted two Russian firms for interfering in the US election. But when the Russian firms unexpectedly displayed ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2020, 07:16 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,628
Thanks: 12,058
Thanked 12,958 Times in 7,586 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

The Mueller witchhunt indicted two Russian firms for interfering in the US election. But when the Russian firms unexpectedly displayed a willingness to defend themselves in court.

Quote:
federal judge on Monday to dismiss charges against two Russian firms indicted in the special counsel’s probe on charges that they meddled in the U.S. electoral process.

“It is no longer in the best interests of justice or the country’s national security to continue this prosecution,” Timothy Shea, the U.S. Attorney in Washington, D.C., wrote in a motion to dismiss charges against the firms, Concord Consulting and Concord Catering.
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/16/d...an-troll-farm/

Citing national security concerns allows Mueller's team of zealots to avoid admitting they have no case. It's the same excuse Adam Schiff offered for not disclosing the so-called compelling evidence he claimed to have showing Russian collusion.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2020, 10:09 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,824
Thanks: 2,296
Thanked 36,528 Times in 20,768 Posts
Default Re: DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Citing national security concerns allows Mueller's team of zealots to avoid admitting they have no case. It's the same excuse Adam Schiff offered for not disclosing the so-called compelling evidence he claimed to have showing Russian collusion.
It's amazing that we've had this jammed down our throats for YEARS, yet they can't come up with any slam dunk cases...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2020, 08:54 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,912
Thanks: 4
Thanked 282 Times in 253 Posts
Default Re: DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

No one from the Russian company ever made a personal appearance or actually accepted any subpoenas. They sent lawyers in to engage in a fishing expedition to find out how US intelligence was able to get information on internal Russian government decisions to undermine the election. And the end result is a bunch of Trump supporters taking the side of criminals from Russia who attacked the US. Nice job.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Constant_Slothrop For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2020, 09:04 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,354
Thanks: 8,988
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,705 Posts
Default Re: DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
No one from the Russian company ever made a personal appearance or actually accepted any subpoenas. They sent lawyers in to engage in a fishing expedition to find out how US intelligence was able to get information on internal Russian government decisions to undermine the election. And the end result is a bunch of Trump supporters taking the side of criminals from Russia who attacked the US. Nice job.
Excuse me counselor, but MANY if not ALL companies send their lawyers to court instead of actual company executives. There is NO legal requirement of company executives to attend a pretrial hearing.

Company executives have no business in the courtroom as they would add nothing to the proceedings and would most likely say something that could put their case in jeopardy. This is NOT an uncommon practice.

I would hope that being a "lawyer" you would be more familiar with this practice.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Constant_Slothrop's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,912
Thanks: 4
Thanked 282 Times in 253 Posts
Default Re: DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Excuse me counselor, but MANY if not ALL companies send their lawyers to court instead of actual company executives. There is NO legal requirement of company executives to attend a pretrial hearing.

Company executives have no business in the courtroom as they would add nothing to the proceedings and would most likely say something that could put their case in jeopardy. This is NOT an uncommon practice.

I would hope that being a "lawyer" you would be more familiar with this practice.
I understand completely. Concord management is a foreign corporation with no US presence. They sent lawyers to consent to jurisdiction, but it was a sham. They never accepted multiple subpoenas and refused to respond to discovery requests. And, if the court had returned a verdict against them, it would have been unenforceable. In the end, Barr's DOJ elected to dismiss the indictment against them. This proves nothing regarding the merits of the indictment.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Constant_Slothrop For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2020, 08:19 PM
RedState's Avatar
Somewhat Stable Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,966
Thanks: 1,260
Thanked 1,723 Times in 1,303 Posts
Default Re: DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
I understand completely. Concord management is a foreign corporation with no US presence. They sent lawyers to consent to jurisdiction, but it was a sham. They never accepted multiple subpoenas and refused to respond to discovery requests. And, if the court had returned a verdict against them, it would have been unenforceable. In the end, Barr's DOJ elected to dismiss the indictment against them. This proves nothing regarding the merits of the indictment.
Yep, the russians literally argued that the case must be thrown out because a ‘military attack’ by a ‘military intel agency’ is a sovereign act and is immune to prosecution. In other words, the hack was an ACT OF WAR and tRUmp and the rest of his cult are cheering this on.

Its also interesting that the corrupt AG Barr used the cover of an international pandemic to do this. Im sure he understood the optics here, whether it was to provide more cover for tRUmp or to try and play down how the US government got out-maneuvered by the Russians isn't clear though.
__________________
The total number of contacts between the tRUmp team
and Russia-linked operatives that we know about so far is 272.

-- SOURCE --

"I desperately want to be optimistic for the GOP because the nation needs it to be healthy and thriving, but looking at it now, it's hard to see it as anything other than unsalvageable. Worse, it's truly become a menace to liberty in America."
- Evan McMullin
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2020, 08:35 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,295
Thanks: 56,009
Thanked 26,470 Times in 18,964 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The Mueller witchhunt indicted two Russian firms for interfering in the US election. But when the Russian firms unexpectedly displayed a willingness to defend themselves in court.



https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/16/d...an-troll-farm/

Citing national security concerns allows Mueller's team of zealots to avoid admitting they have no case. It's the same excuse Adam Schiff offered for not disclosing the so-called compelling evidence he claimed to have showing Russian collusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
It's amazing that we've had this jammed down our throats for YEARS, yet they can't come up with any slam dunk cases...
I have some prime land near Salt Lake to sell you.
__________________
Khartoum has been facing heavy pressure and “blackmail” from the US administration to normalize relations with Israel in return for removing Sudan from the list of state sponsors of terrorism...~Jerusalem Post
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2020, 08:53 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,628
Thanks: 12,058
Thanked 12,958 Times in 7,586 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Slothrop View Post
I understand completely. Concord management is a foreign corporation with no US presence. They sent lawyers to consent to jurisdiction, but it was a sham. They never accepted multiple subpoenas and refused to respond to discovery requests. And, if the court had returned a verdict against them, it would have been unenforceable. In the end, Barr's DOJ elected to dismiss the indictment against them. This proves nothing regarding the merits of the indictment.
Right, it doesn't matter that Mueller's monkeys immediately petitioned the court for a delay after the Russian firms lawyer unexpectedly showed up to defend their clients. Oh no Mueller would have never indicted Concord unless they were guilty. Just like the pointless indictments of Russian intelligence officers, Mueller and Weissman acted out of partisan hatred not the pursuit of justice.

Concord was indicted so they must be guilty. No American was indicted for conspiring or cooperating with the Russians. but the Trump administration is guilty. Indictment in an unwinnable case or no indictment all that matters is Orange man bad.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2020, 09:02 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 83,295
Thanks: 56,009
Thanked 26,470 Times in 18,964 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Right, it doesn't matter that Mueller's monkeys immediately petitioned the court for a delay after the Russian firms lawyer unexpectedly showed up to defend their clients. Oh no Mueller would have never indicted Concord unless they were guilty. Just like the pointless indictments of Russian intelligence officers, Mueller and Weissman acted out of partisan hatred not the pursuit of justice.

Concord was indicted so they must be guilty. No American was indicted for conspiring or cooperating with the Russians. but the Trump administration is guilty. Indictment in an unwinnable case or no indictment all that matters is Orange man bad.
When are you going to realize Orange man IS bad?
__________________
Khartoum has been facing heavy pressure and “blackmail” from the US administration to normalize relations with Israel in return for removing Sudan from the list of state sponsors of terrorism...~Jerusalem Post
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2020, 10:48 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,628
Thanks: 12,058
Thanked 12,958 Times in 7,586 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: DOJ Asks To Drop Charges Against Russian Companies That Funded Troll Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
When are you going to realize Orange man IS bad?
When are you going to stop subscribing to every anti Trump smear despite a lack of evidence?
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
against, asks, charges, companies, doj, drop, farm, funded, russian, that, troll

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0