Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   The Constitution & The Judicial Branch (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/constitution-judicial-branch/)
-   -   Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/constitution-judicial-branch/56574-texas-judge-strikes-down-obama-s-affordable-care-act-unconstitutional.html)

saltwn 12-14-2018 08:45 PM

Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
The fabulous New York Times
Quote:

When the Supreme Court upheld the mandate as constitutional in 2012, it was based on Congress’s taxing power. Congress, the court said, could legally impose a tax penalty on people who do not have health insurance.

But in the new case, the plaintiffs, led by Texas, argued that with the penalty zeroed out, the individual mandate had become unconstitutional — and that the rest of the law could not be severed from it.

Quote:

The Justice Department’s response to the case was highly unusual: though it disagreed with the plaintiffs that the entire law should be struck down, it declined this year to defend not just the individual mandate, but the law’s provisions that protect people with pre-existing conditions. That prompted a coalition of 16 states and the District of Columbia, led by California, to intervene and defend the law.

On Friday night, a spokeswoman for Xavier Becerra, the California attorney general, said California and the other defendant states would challenge the ruling with an appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Let's see now. Today we killed a 7 year old girl and took access to health care away from 20 million people and 130 million disabled and chronically ill folk.
Way to go America. You're so great!


Seriously may God have mercy on us.

jimbo 12-14-2018 11:06 PM

Re: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 956224)
The fabulous New York Times





Let's see now. Today we killed a 7 year old girl and took access to health care away from 20 million people and 130 million disabled and chronically ill folk.
Way to go America. You're so great!


Seriously may God have mercy on us.

Today we didn't kill a 7 year old. A 7 year old was brought to us beyond any hope and she died in our care.

We didn't take access to health care from 20 million. I don't know where the 130 million number comes from.

saltwn 12-14-2018 11:12 PM

Re: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
[quote]
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 956235)
Today we didn't kill a 7 year old. A 7 year old was brought to us beyond any hope and she died in our care.

waiting to get in . we neglected her. her life is on our heads may the saints intercede for us for what we have done

Quote:

... I don't know where the 130 million number comes from.
pre-existing conditions.

Manitou 12-14-2018 11:23 PM

Re: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 956224)
Let's see now. Today we killed a 7 year old girl and took access to health care away from 20 million people and 130 million disabled and chronically ill folk.
Way to go America. You're so great!


Seriously may God have mercy on us.



May I suggest you move to Saudi Arabia? Please? I hear those people are very kind-hearted, especially to women.

jimbo 12-14-2018 11:27 PM

Re: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
[quote=saltwn;956237]
Quote:


waiting to get in . we neglected her. her life is on our heads may the saints intercede for us for what we have done



pre-existing conditions.
No Salty, the coyotes or her father, pick one or both, led her into the desert without food or water. She and the other 160+ were not waiting for anything. When she was beyond hope, they dumped her in our laps. They were on our side of the border.

Found the 130 million story. Salon. Whooda thunk?

Even then you didn't get it right. 130 million handicapped did not lose health care.

saltwn 12-15-2018 12:11 AM

Re: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manitou (Post 956243)
May I suggest you move to Saudi Arabia? Please? I hear those people are very kind-hearted, especially to women.

I suggest you go to the north pole and live with the polar bears. by your avatar you're lookin kinda dark. maybe you can lighten up! :rofl

saltwn 12-15-2018 12:18 AM

Re: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
[quote=jimbo;956244]
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 956237)

No Salty, the coyotes or her father, pick one or both, led her into the desert without food or water. She and the other 160+ were not waiting for anything. When she was beyond hope, they dumped her in our laps. They were on our side of the border.

Found the 130 million story. Salon. Whooda thunk?

Even then you didn't get it right. 130 million handicapped did not lose health care.

not if they are already on a disability check they don't lose medicare. disabilities don't guarantee you that you will get approved. I am disabled and don't get a check. I get my insurance through Idaho /Federal medicaid only because I am both a senior and disabled.
When I was 50 I was already disabled and couldn't get health insurance because of pre existing. then they changed that too late for me but I was happy no one would suffer as we did as a family. Many people suffer worse because they have no one or their significant other is unable to help.
Now it's back to what it was before Obama Care. This one portion of the law was of utmost importance.

saltwn 12-15-2018 12:21 AM

Re: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
[quote=jimbo;956244]
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 956237)

No Salty, the coyotes or her father, pick one or both, led her into the desert without food or water. She and the other 160+ were not waiting for anything. When she was beyond hope, they dumped her in our laps. They were on our side of the border.

...



Our having a comprehensive immigration bill and being ready for this event could have saved that girl's life.
In fact a better relationship with Mexico could possibly have.
Why do you think it's ok that we knew a difficult situation was coming and waited till the last minute is ok?
.

saltwn 12-15-2018 12:25 AM

Re: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
[quote=jimbo;956244]
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 956237)



Found the 130 million story. Salon. Whooda thunk?

It came from the California attorney general as reported in The fabulous New York Times

jimbo 12-15-2018 08:46 AM

Re: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional
 
[quote=saltwn;956248]
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 956244)



Our having a comprehensive immigration bill and being ready for this event could have saved that girl's life.
In fact a better relationship with Mexico could possibly have.
Why do you think it's ok that we knew a difficult situation was coming and waited till the last minute is ok?
.

You're babbling.

What difficult situation we knew was coming and waited until the last minute?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0