Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Constitution & The Judicial Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Constitution & The Judicial Branch Discuss Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by AZRWinger As Victor Davis Hanson said in a recent interview Ford is sincere but not credible. The ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,256
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,450 Times in 3,128 Posts
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
As Victor Davis Hanson said in a recent interview Ford is sincere but not credible. The only certainty in her accusation is that Kavanaugh is the culprit. The follow on accusations reek of even the appearance of sincerity. In a typical perversion of the language "credible" is corrupted into the irrational belief in the so-called survivor's tale no matter the evidence.
I don't think she was sincere. That weak, timid voice and crocodile tears seems like an act to me. Maybe it would work if she was modest housewife, but a Doctor/PHD and professor? Maybe if she had cleaned her glasses a little we would have saw some tears, but I doubt it.
__________________
If Trump had ran and won as a socialist Democrat, the left would be forgiving and defending all of his faults.[
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2018, 08:19 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,396
Thanks: 1,452
Thanked 2,232 Times in 1,771 Posts
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
WTF? Judge Kavanaugh is having his character assassinated by hear-say statements that nobody, NOBODY will substantiate.
If the weakness of the accusations were to be levied against your father or husband, would you accept them?
Sworn testimony by the victim of a criminal act is not hear-say testimony. It's first person testimony. Allegations (e.g. that Brett Kavanaugh engaged in "binge" drinking to the point of incoherency and "blackouts") made that can be supported by other first person testimony provide collaboration as well as providing evidence of possible perjury if the defendant is denying the allegation.

There's also expert analysis that establishes that individuals willing to report cases of sexual assault virtually never fabricate the story and in cases where it's a fabrication it's relatively easy to determine. Prosecutors that are involved in sexual assault cases overwhelmingly agreed, based upon her testimony, that Dr King was sexually assaulted and that Brett Kavanaugh was the attacker.

Always remember that our criminal justice system was not designed to convict the guilty. Our criminal justice system was designed to prevent convicting the innocent. The philosophy is that it's better to acquit ten guilty people than it is to convict one innocent person.

A lack of compelling admissible evidence does not imply innocence.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2018, 08:22 AM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,396
Thanks: 1,452
Thanked 2,232 Times in 1,771 Posts
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I don't think she was sincere. That weak, timid voice and crocodile tears seems like an act to me. Maybe it would work if she was modest housewife, but a Doctor/PHD and professor? Maybe if she had cleaned her glasses a little we would have saw some tears, but I doubt it.
Dr Ford does not qualify as a Oscar Winning actor. Her testimony was compelling because it was real and it was the truth.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Aide
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 252
Thanks: 113
Thanked 262 Times in 132 Posts
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
A lack of compelling admissible evidence does not imply innocence.
Well then what would a lack of compelling admissible evidence imply?
__________________
Trump Doesn’t Have Political Capital, He Has People Capital.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G_Link For This Useful Post:
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,256
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,450 Times in 3,128 Posts
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Dr Ford does not qualify as a Oscar Winning actor. Her testimony was compelling because it was real and it was the truth.
So she was telling 100% truth, and he was lying......Got it!
__________________
If Trump had ran and won as a socialist Democrat, the left would be forgiving and defending all of his faults.[
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2018, 01:19 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 16,265
Thanks: 9,287
Thanked 9,850 Times in 6,011 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Dr Ford does not qualify as a Oscar Winning actor. Her testimony was compelling because it was real and it was the truth.
Declaring Ford's testimony "real" and the "truth" despite not just a lack of evidence but overwhelming evidence undercutting her claims is brazen partisan polemics.

This morning after losing the cloture vote Democrats are reduced to whining about Merrick Garland. In the end it's all about revenge for Obama not getting his way.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2018, 01:24 PM
GottaGo's Avatar
Sanity is overrated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Posts: 11,861
Thanks: 9,688
Thanked 7,825 Times in 5,007 Posts
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
Dr Ford does not qualify as a Oscar Winning actor. Her testimony was compelling because it was real and it was the truth.
She may have indeed been sexually attacked at some point. I tend to think she may have misremember a few key items, like who, when, where.

I will reiterate, once again, that the massive gaps in her 'recollection' of events would be an anomaly for victims of a traumatic attack of this nature. Details - date and place, sounds, smells. Inconsistences of who was there, how she got there, how she got home, rooms, floors.....
__________________
Your life is the sum total of the choices you make.
If you don't laugh at yourself, a whole bunch of people will volunteer to do it for you
I never lose. I either win, or I learn....
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottaGo For This Useful Post:
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2018, 04:58 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 77,263
Thanks: 54,331
Thanked 25,807 Times in 18,388 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
She may have indeed been sexually attacked at some point. I tend to think she may have misremember a few key items, like who, when, where.

I will reiterate, once again, that the massive gaps in her 'recollection' of events would be an anomaly for victims of a traumatic attack of this nature. Details - date and place, sounds, smells. Inconsistences of who was there, how she got there, how she got home, rooms, floors.....
there have been 2 traumatic events in my life and one, for years, I even remembered the address where I lived back then (and I only lived there six months). the other I know the area of the state I was in and the face of the person and I later learned where they worked. what day of the week or what month no. probably was summer. That's about it. but maybe she's lying.
doing this for the dems. who knows
__________________
Do not mind anything that anyone tells you about anyone else. Judge everyone and everything for yourself.
Henry James
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 10-05-2018, 06:09 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,664
Thanks: 71
Thanked 1,100 Times in 663 Posts
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
A lack of compelling admissible evidence does not imply innocence.
Our laws provide innocence until proven guilty.
Please go take a Junior High School level civics class if you can't understand why you are wrong and why the title of this thread is right.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,256
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 4,450 Times in 3,128 Posts
Default Re: Judge Brett Kavanaugh is innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
Our laws provide innocence until proven guilty.
Please go take a Junior High School level civics class if you can't understand why you are wrong and why the title of this thread is right.
To this day, the Democrats still defend Clinton against all of his accusers, and it was for much worse things than Kav supposedly did.

I would like to see the Me too's gather up all of Clinton accusers and go after him like they did the judge.

But we all know this is about politics, not abused women.
__________________
If Trump had ran and won as a socialist Democrat, the left would be forgiving and defending all of his faults.[
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
brett, innocent, judge, kavanaugh

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0