Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Constitution & The Judicial Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Constitution & The Judicial Branch Discuss U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens at the Political Forums; https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182 perhaps the ******* libs should read this before they spout off about what Trump can do and can't do....

Reply
 
Share LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2017, 10:47 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,480
Thanks: 21,849
Thanked 18,565 Times in 11,913 Posts
Default U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

perhaps the ******* libs should read this before they spout off about what Trump can do and can't do.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2017, 10:51 AM
dabateman's Avatar
Buckle-up Buttercup
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,121
Thanks: 2,113
Thanked 8,454 Times in 4,955 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

perhaps the ******* libs should read this before they spout off about what Trump can do and can't do.
Here is the problem...

This section of the U.S. Code does NOT permit the President to arbitrarily circumvent visas that were already legally issued. This is now a due process issue because the U.S. government has broken contractual obligations established by the U.S. government. We aren't playing by our own rules here and this is why it is such a problem.
__________________
Continue that line of reasoning, Muffin... I'm judging you. Harshly.



You get the respect you give. And if you're a Republican, you b*tch about paybacks being a b*tch. So sorry you're mad your guy is getting the respect you gave ours, Snowflakes.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2017, 10:59 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,899
Thanks: 7,435
Thanked 6,266 Times in 3,809 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

perhaps the ******* libs should read this before they spout off about what Trump can do and can't do.
For those who have an attention disorder precluding the reading of longer laws, the pertinent paragraphs:

(A) In generalAny alien who a consular officer or the Attorney General knows, or has reasonable ground to believe, seeks to enter the United States to engage solely, principally, or incidentally in—
(i) any activity (I) to violate any law of the United States relating to espionage or sabotage or (II) to violate or evade any law prohibiting the export from the United States of goods, technology, or sensitive information,
(ii) any other unlawful activity, or
(iii) any activity a purpose of which is the opposition to, or the control or overthrow of, the Government of the United States by force, violence, or other unlawful means,
is inadmissible.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2017, 11:01 AM
dabateman's Avatar
Buckle-up Buttercup
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,121
Thanks: 2,113
Thanked 8,454 Times in 4,955 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
For those who have an attention disorder precluding the reading of longer laws, the pertinent paragraphs:

(A) In generalAny alien who a consular officer or the Attorney General knows, or has reasonable ground to believe, seeks to enter the United States to engage solely, principally, or incidentally in—
(i) any activity (I) to violate any law of the United States relating to espionage or sabotage or (II) to violate or evade any law prohibiting the export from the United States of goods, technology, or sensitive information,
(ii) any other unlawful activity, or
(iii) any activity a purpose of which is the opposition to, or the control or overthrow of, the Government of the United States by force, violence, or other unlawful means,
is inadmissible.
Again, this does not allow the President to arbitrarily vacate valid visas. Especially all the people that were detained at US airports yesterday with valid papers.
__________________
Continue that line of reasoning, Muffin... I'm judging you. Harshly.



You get the respect you give. And if you're a Republican, you b*tch about paybacks being a b*tch. So sorry you're mad your guy is getting the respect you gave ours, Snowflakes.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dabateman For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2017, 11:05 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,899
Thanks: 7,435
Thanked 6,266 Times in 3,809 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabateman View Post
Here is the problem...

This section of the U.S. Code does NOT permit the President to arbitrarily circumvent visas that were already legally issued. This is now a due process issue because the U.S. government has broken contractual obligations established by the U.S. government. We aren't playing by our own rules here and this is why it is such a problem.
I'll give you the already in place approval issue. Those in transit should not ne bothered. But the ground gets thinner regarding contractual obligations. Obama had no contract when he delivered pallet loads of unmarked bills in unmarked planes on the basis of an unsigned contract.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2017, 11:08 AM
dabateman's Avatar
Buckle-up Buttercup
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,121
Thanks: 2,113
Thanked 8,454 Times in 4,955 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
I'll give you the already in place approval issue. Those in transit should not ne bothered. But the ground gets thinner regarding contractual obligations. Obama had no contract when he delivered pallet loads of unmarked bills in unmarked planes on the basis of an unsigned contract.


Those in transit have already been bothered. They have been prevented from travelling to the US despite having the proper paperwork. Some were sent back from various airports across the country.

The President didn't even bother to have this looked at by lawyers who could have told him this wouldn't and couldn't work.
__________________
Continue that line of reasoning, Muffin... I'm judging you. Harshly.



You get the respect you give. And if you're a Republican, you b*tch about paybacks being a b*tch. So sorry you're mad your guy is getting the respect you gave ours, Snowflakes.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2017, 12:17 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,899
Thanks: 7,435
Thanked 6,266 Times in 3,809 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabateman View Post
Again, this does not allow the President to arbitrarily vacate valid visas. Especially all the people that were detained at US airports yesterday with valid papers.
It doesn't say he can't either. It says Any alien. I'd bet on legal grounds, he can. On moral grounds, a deal is a deal. He shouldn't.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2017, 12:22 AM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,899
Thanks: 7,435
Thanked 6,266 Times in 3,809 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabateman View Post


Those in transit have already been bothered. They have been prevented from travelling to the US despite having the proper paperwork. Some were sent back from various airports across the country.

The President didn't even bother to have this looked at by lawyers who could have told him this wouldn't and couldn't work.
I didn't say they hadn't. We're on the same page here.

I doubt the second paragraph is correct. Trump has dealt with lawyers all his life. Why should this be different?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2017, 08:10 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,988
Thanks: 6,228
Thanked 8,844 Times in 5,084 Posts
Default Re: U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabateman View Post
Again, this does not allow the President to arbitrarily vacate valid visas. Especially all the people that were detained at US airports yesterday with valid papers.
Actually it does. The executive branch has the authority , and the responsibility, to question at any time, the validity a foreign visa. The only question is whether or not that person, or persons, have a legal recourse. Hence the debate over whether or not the government should be required to supply legal consul.

Visas can be, and historically have been, revoked without prior notification. I would remind everyone of Jimmy Carter's revocation of Iranian Student Visas back in 1977. As for lawyers, the President had lawyers revue past practices. He simply repeated or, as in the case of President Obama's program, extended them.

Read the news, not the headlines.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrancSevin For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2017, 06:51 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 14,883
Thanks: 7,686
Thanked 8,465 Times in 5,258 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: U.S. Code 1182 Inadmissible Aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabateman View Post


Those in transit have already been bothered. They have been prevented from travelling to the US despite having the proper paperwork. Some were sent back from various airports across the country.

The President didn't even bother to have this looked at by lawyers who could have told him this wouldn't and couldn't work.
Issuing a visa doesn’t create contractual obligation to honor it if the regulations change. The Federal government collects Social Security taxes through out our working lives but has no obligation to pay a dime in benefits but if they do it is within the rules currently in force not by the rules when the payments are extracted. Visas issued to foreign nations do not create a superior obligation.

No doubt Trump could have found an out of work Obama lawyer to tell him foreign nationals have superior rights to US pensioners.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1182, aliens, code, inadmissible

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/constitution-judicial-branch/49935-u-s-code-1182-inadmissible-aliens.html
Posted By For Type Date
Political Wrinkles This thread Refback 01-30-2017 09:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0