Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Constitution & The Judicial Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Constitution & The Judicial Branch Discuss Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by foundit66 ROFLMAO Seriously? You think that some people are waiting on Ginsburg's endorsement to decide who to ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2016, 10:52 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,023
Thanks: 7,850
Thanked 8,572 Times in 5,325 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
ROFLMAO
Seriously?
You think that some people are waiting on Ginsburg's endorsement to decide who to vote for?

Did you read the other thread's article?
The focus was on other people's comments that Ginsburg might need to recuse herself from any case involving Trump based on her commentary of Trump.
Thus, I presented another justices comments on Obama and am asking why we didn't hear people demanding that Scalia would need to recuse himself in Obama cases...



Wow.
Okay. To spell it out for you, that's exactly what I was referencing when I was talking about "...some people seem to invent new standards they apply to liberals, but ignore them when a conservative previously violated that standard."
What did you think those words meant?

Regardless, I find it amusing that you "might have agreed", but you still try to pretend it's apples and oranges.
Can't actually bring yourself to honestly agree with a liberal's objective point, but you still want to disregard it...
Ginsberg engages in blatant partisan electioneering destroying her objectivity in future cases argued on behalf of President Trump so it is necessary to manufacture a false equivalency from Justice Scalia's criticism of Presidents abusing recess appointments. From the OP

Quote:
“It’s been assumed to be ambiguous by self-interested presidents,” said Scalia. The remark caused a distinct stir in the courtroom according to Talking Points Memo’s court reporter.

Scalia took the line that presidents can fill jobs only after the formal adjournment of a Congress every two years, as Washington, D.C. awaits the seating of a new Congress.
emphasis added. Leave it to the radical Left George Soros funded Talking Points Memo to detect a "stir" in the courtroom as gasp, a SCOTUS Justice criticized multiple Presidents for abusing the recess appointments clause. Leave it to the Democrat slime machine to generate a personal insult to Obama and then whine that it is equivalent to Ginsberg attacking Trump personally.

There is no new standard at work, a SCOTUS justice is deemed pure and objective no matter how partisan their remarks as long as they are reliably pro Democrat. But a Conservative doing the job of the SCOTUS as specified by the Constitution, well they are just partisan bigots.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2016, 11:32 AM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,105
Thanks: 6,327
Thanked 8,986 Times in 5,152 Posts
Default Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Justice Scalia's "sarcasm" vrs Ginsberg's political statements are an irrelevant argument. To the point of the OP there is no comparison, no matter the content of either.

One was done during arguments in the Court room, the other was done in the public square.


However,,, if we must compare by content...;
It’s been assumed to be ambiguous by self-interested presidents,” said Scalia
... Where in that statement does he mock a particular President?

No one was named whereas Ginsberg spoke of Trump with specificity.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE

Last edited by FrancSevin; 07-14-2016 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2016, 06:09 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,725
Thanks: 9,755
Thanked 14,847 Times in 8,985 Posts
Post Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty
There is no comparing what ginsburg said to what Scalia said. obama was already in office he wasn't a candidate. Now, if you had said that Scalia should recuse himself from cases involving obama after he made his statement I might have agreed, but you didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Wow.
Okay. To spell it out for you, that's exactly what I was referencing when I was talking about "...some people seem to invent new standards they apply to liberals, but ignore them when a conservative previously violated that standard."
What did you think those words meant?
Regardless, I find it amusing that you "might have agreed", but you still try to pretend it's apples and oranges.
Can't actually bring yourself to honestly agree with a liberal's objective point, but you still want to disregard it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
I disregard what you say not because you are a liberal, but because most of the time you do what you are doing with this, trying to make two different cases look the same.
You are the king of spin and horse **** that's for sure.
You are so biased it isn't even funny.
You openly state "If you had said that, I would have agreed ..."
I point out that was actually my point.

And then, instead of acknowledging that we actually had agreement, you go off and try to proclaim me as "king of spin and horse ****"...


What happened here ladies and gentlemen was a perfect example of MrLiberty's prejudice against liberals.
Even when there is agreement, he can't bring himself to admit it.

And despite his claims trying to pretend it's just specific to me, I invite the viewing audience to read his statements. He makes it quite clear that he is prejudiced against liberals.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 07-14-2016 at 09:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2016, 06:15 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,725
Thanks: 9,755
Thanked 14,847 Times in 8,985 Posts
Post Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Justice Scalia's "sarcasm" vrs Ginsberg's political statements are an irrelevant argument. To the point of the OP there is no comparison, no matter the content of either.
One was done during arguments in the Court room, the other was done in the public square.
However,,, if we must compare by content...;
It’s been assumed to be ambiguous by self-interested presidents,” said Scalia
... Where in that statement does he mock a particular President?
No one was named whereas Ginsberg spoke of Trump with specificity.
Wow!
The lack of intellectual honesty in this is just astounding.

It was during a specific case involving President Obama's use of executive powers. The argument of "ambiguity" regarding the presidential powers (supporting Obama's actions) Scalia was responding to clearly came from Obama's side of the court case.

And you want to pretend that he wasn't referencing "a particular President"???


Furthermore, trying to refer to one as "sarcasm" while the other as "political statements" is glaringly biased.
By that approach, Ginsburg obviously had sarcasm in her commentary as well. Of course, the right will never admit it as some even try to pretend she's seriously about moving out of country if Trump wins.

Whether it's done in or out of court has no bearing on whether or not bias would demand a justice recuse themself in any case involving the specified party. There is neither any logic nor any legal precedent to that pretense.

This thread is filled with bu-bu-bu- it's different somehow...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 07-14-2016 at 09:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,023
Thanks: 7,850
Thanked 8,572 Times in 5,325 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Wow!
The lack of intellectual honesty in this is just astounding.

It was during a specific case involving President Obama's use of executive powers. The argument of "ambiguity" regarding the presidential powers (supporting Obama's actions) Scalia was responding to clearly came from Obama's side of the court case.

And you want to pretend that he wasn't referencing "a particular President"???


Furthermore, trying to refer to one as "sarcasm" while the other as "political statements" is glaringly biased.
By that approach, Ginsburg obviously had sarcasm in her commentary as well. Of course, the right will never admit it as some even try to pretend she's seriously about moving out of country if Trump wins.

Whether it's done in or out of court has no bearing on whether or not bias would demand a justice recuse themself in any case involving the specified party. There is neither any logic nor any legal precedent to that pretense.

This thread is filled with bu-bu-bu- it's different somehow...
The ability to self generate indignation based on hyperbole shows to excuse Ginsberg's misconduct is almost amusing. Scalia made his remark during a case questioning Obama's abuse of recess appointments so yes, President Obama is among the group that wishes to expand their power to make recess appointments thanks to some imaginary ambiguity but it is not exclusive to Obama. Imagine that, the SCOTUS setting a precedent restraining the use of Presidential power. How could it be anything but a partisan attack.

Ginsberg made her partisan electioneering remarks not in the context of a SCOTUS hearing regarding the use of Presidential power, not in the context of setting a precedent for Presidential conduct but in an interview conducted under the authority of her office she poisoned the well of objectivity for any future cases involving Trump. Just as she announced her intention to support rewriting Obamacare from the bench perverting statutory interpretation into a partisan political side show, she boldly proclaims her prejudice against Trump to the cheers of Hillary supporters who busy themselves manufacturing false equivalency claims and personal attacks.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2016, 11:06 AM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,480
Thanks: 21,849
Thanked 18,570 Times in 11,916 Posts
Default Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
You are so biased it isn't even funny.
You openly state "If you had said that, I would have agreed ..."
I point out that was actually my point.

And then, instead of acknowledging that we actually had agreement, you go off and try to proclaim me as "king of spin and horse ****"...


What happened here ladies and gentlemen was a perfect example of MrLiberty's prejudice against liberals.
Even when there is agreement, he can't bring himself to admit it.

And despite his claims trying to pretend it's just specific to me, I invite the viewing audience to read his statements. He makes it quite clear that he is prejudiced against liberals.
I think anyone who visit this site or is a member here will see that yes, I am conservative and yes I think liberals are the scum of the earth. They would destroy this country and everything it was founded on so as to reinvent what their warped idea of a country should look like.

Liberalism is a mental disorder, and as far as I can see there is no cure for it.

Now back to the thread. What you are trying to do is take two dissimilar cases and make them the same, and it doesn't wash. As I stated; "if you had said that Scalia should recuse himself from cases involving obama after he made his statement I might have agreed," but that is not what you stated in your first post. You said; "I think a trip down memory lane is warranted as some people seem to invent new standards they apply to liberals, but ignore them when a conservative previously violated that standard."

There is a big difference in what you first stated and then what you stated later. You wish to make what happened the same, and they are not. And, as it has been pointed out even legal scholars can see the difference. The reason you can't see there is a difference is because you are so blinded by your hate of anything or anyone conservative. If they dare disagree with you you must insult, twist, turn, spin, and indulge yourself with your brand of liberal logic.

Most here have seen what you do and called you on it, but that hasn't stopped you from posting, nor will you calling me out as, GASP, conservative.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2016, 02:16 PM
FrancSevin's Avatar
Runs with scissors
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: St Louis MO
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,105
Thanks: 6,327
Thanked 8,986 Times in 5,152 Posts
Default Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Wow!
The lack of intellectual honesty in this is just astounding.

It was during a specific case involving President Obama's use of executive powers. The argument of "ambiguity" regarding the presidential powers (supporting Obama's actions) Scalia was responding to clearly came from Obama's side of the court case.

And you want to pretend that he wasn't referencing "a particular President"???


Furthermore, trying to refer to one as "sarcasm" while the other as "political statements" is glaringly biased.
By that approach, Ginsburg obviously had sarcasm in her commentary as well. Of course, the right will never admit it as some even try to pretend she's seriously about moving out of country if Trump wins.

Whether it's done in or out of court has no bearing on whether or not bias would demand a justice recuse themself in any case involving the specified party. There is neither any logic nor any legal precedent to that pretense.

This thread is filled with bu-bu-bu- it's different somehow...
You vapid but persistent use of expletives and emoticons may cloud and confuse some but actually they just make the intelligence level of your posts appear to be little more than a DC style comic book prose.

Intellectual content is Zero as is your fairness when parsing.

The implication you suggest of to whom Justice Scalia was referring is completely invalidated by the word "Presidents." As in Plural, as in Many of them.

That omission on your part is classic intellectual dishonesty.

But we all get it. that is how YOU roll.

Sorry to get personal there but YOU just did did so with me. I would refer you to Cnredd's post on the matter but you have already acknowledged it with YOUR thanks.

So I have to ask...; Do you know what it meant? Or does it just not apply to YOU.
__________________
I am going to hang a Batman Costume in my closet. .......... Just to screw with myself when I get alzheimer's.
sola gratia, sola fide, sola scriptura.

I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, I AM A FREEMAN, THE DEMOCRATS WORST NIGHTMARE
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:24 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,725
Thanks: 9,755
Thanked 14,847 Times in 8,985 Posts
Default Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
You vapid but persistent use of expletives and emoticons may cloud and confuse some but actually they just make the intelligence level of your posts appear to be little more than a DC style comic book prose.
Intellectual content is Zero as is your fairness when parsing.
blah, blah, blah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
The implication you suggest of to whom Justice Scalia was referring is completely invalidated by the word "Presidents." As in Plural, as in Many of them.
That omission on your part is classic intellectual dishonesty.



Here's the important part...
Was Scalia referencing Obama in that category?
The truthful answer is YES.

The fact that Scalia referenced MULTIPLE presidents is irrelevant to his demonstrated bias with regards to the ONE president he was CLEARLY referencing.

Let me paraphrase this to make it simpler...
Suppose a judge said "John & Andy & Mark & Randy are all idiots who belong in jail"
Referencing multiple people.

Now, JUST ANDY comes before that judge...
Do you think that the Judge needs to recuse himself because he has demonstrated bias against Andy?
Or, is your mindless excuse somehow poignant and the fact that he referenced MULTIPLE people somehow marginalize that demonstrated bias?

Come on now.
We both know the real answer...

Your pedantic excuses are obviously fueled by bias, but inevitably ineffectual...


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Sorry to get personal there but YOU just did did so with me.
Come on now.
I've pointed out enough examples of you jumping to personal crap that we both know you use an excuse when available to justify you delving into that ...
... but when not available, you jump to personal crap anyways.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 07-15-2016 at 07:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:35 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,725
Thanks: 9,755
Thanked 14,847 Times in 8,985 Posts
Default Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
I think anyone who visit this site or is a member here will see that yes, I am conservative and yes I think liberals are the scum of the earth. They would destroy this country and everything it was founded on so as to reinvent what their warped idea of a country should look like.
Liberalism is a mental disorder, and as far as I can see there is no cure for it.
This should put to bed that b.s. where you tried to pretend it was just me...

Your prejudice towards liberals is glaring.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
Now back to the thread. What you are trying to do is take two dissimilar cases and make them the same, and it doesn't wash. As I stated; "if you had said that Scalia should recuse himself from cases involving obama after he made his statement I might have agreed," but that is not what you stated in your first post. You said; "I think a trip down memory lane is warranted as some people seem to invent new standards they apply to liberals, but ignore them when a conservative previously violated that standard."
There is a big difference in what you first stated and then what you stated later.
When I said that, I was directly referencing the Scalia recusing himself situation.
The "new standards they apply to liberals" was the insistence that Ginsburg should recuse herself with any Trump case.
WHY was there no such call when Scalia made his comments?

You claim I wasn't talking about that.
So explain to me what you think I was referencing then...
You can't, because it's glaringly obvious that IS what I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
And, as it has been pointed out even legal scholars can see the difference.
WHAT exactly are you referencing with your pronouns here...
Are you claiming legal scholars have claimed a difference between Scalia's prejudicial statement towards Obama and Ginsburg's prejudicial statement towards Trump?

Cause I have seen you present NO "legal scholar" claiming that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty View Post
The reason you can't see there is a difference is because you are so blinded by your hate of anything or anyone conservative.
You accusing others of hate.
That's the pot calling the mirror black.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 07-16-2016 at 12:19 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2016, 09:42 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,023
Thanks: 7,850
Thanked 8,572 Times in 5,325 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Justice Antonin Scalia mocks Obama during Supreme Court arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
blah, blah, blah...





Here's the important part...
Was Scalia referencing Obama in that category?
The truthful answer is YES.

The fact that Scalia referenced MULTIPLE presidents is irrelevant to his demonstrated bias with regards to the ONE president he was CLEARLY referencing.

Let me paraphrase this to make it simpler...
Suppose a judge said "John & Andy & Mark & Randy are all idiots who belong in jail"
Referencing multiple people.

Now, JUST ANDY comes before that judge...
Do you think that the Judge needs to recuse himself because he has demonstrated bias against Andy?
Or, is your mindless excuse somehow poignant and the fact that he referenced MULTIPLE people somehow marginalize that demonstrated bias?

Come on now.
We both know the real answer...

Your pedantic excuses are obviously fueled by bias, but inevitably ineffectual...



Come on now.
I've pointed out enough examples of you jumping to personal crap that we both know you use an excuse when available to justify you delving into that ...
... but when not available, you jump to personal crap anyways.
Scalia made his remark concerning self interested President's during deliberation of Obama's illegal recess appointments. Obviously Obama's actions in the case would include him in the self interested.

The remark was made in response to the solicitor general's absurd claim it was unclear the Constitution allows the Senate exclusive authority to set its own rules governing when it is in session. Of course the particulars of the SCOTUS curbing a President overstepping his authority don't matter to Obama's partisan cult followers, he didn’t get what he wanted so let the whining about "prejudice" begin.

Your analogy about a judge condemning people by name as criminals without a trial tracks with Ginsberg's prejudicial interview remarks revealing her partisan political agenda. Her remarks made outside court proceedings but still unmistakably within the color of her office are broad based condemnations of an individual by name who could very well have business before the court where she sits. We can all agree the analogy you presented shows judicial prejudice, but it is doubtful you will admit it is applicable only to Ginsberg's remarks.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
antonin, arguments, court, during, justice, mocks, obama, scalia, supreme

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0