Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Constitution & The Judicial Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Constitution & The Judicial Branch Discuss Obama nominates Merrick Garland to U.S. Supreme Court at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by jimbo "You are rolling alone." And two more. You really are incapable of a meaningful response. Because ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91 (permalink)  
Old 03-28-2016, 07:39 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,933 Posts
Default Re: Obama nominates Merrick Garland to U.S. Supreme Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
"You are rolling alone."

And two more. You really are incapable of a meaningful response.
Because the thread is not about me but this moron finds me more fascinating than the thread. You too?
Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2016, 11:21 AM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,368
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 2,691 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Re: Obama nominates Merrick Garland to U.S. Supreme Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
"You are rolling alone."

And two more. You really are incapable of a meaningful response.
S.O.P. for mikeyy. He can't make a valid argument to defend b.o.'s nomination of man who votes contrary to the constitution and the law, he's to narcissistic and dishonest to admit when he's wrong, and he's a good little sycophant so he won't go against b.o.
That pretty much leaves him with petty insults and name calling.
Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,933 Posts
Default Re: Obama nominates Merrick Garland to U.S. Supreme Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
S.O.P. for mikeyy. He can't make a valid argument to defend b.o.'s nomination of man who votes contrary to the constitution and the law, he's to narcissistic and dishonest to admit when he's wrong, and he's a good little sycophant so he won't go against b.o.
That pretty much leaves him with petty insults and name calling.
I think the fact that both the right and left have supported him in a non partisan manner before is good enough for me. You say you have issues with some stance he took on guns. I don't. So I am fine with the pick.
Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2016, 11:37 AM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,368
Thanks: 1,009
Thanked 2,691 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Re: Obama nominates Merrick Garland to U.S. Supreme Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
I think the fact that both the right and left have supported him in a non partisan manner before is good enough for me.
Which part of "He didn't have an anti-constitutional record until after his previous nomination." are you not understanding?

Quote:
You say you have issues with some stance he took on guns. I don't. So I am fine with the pick.
Your fine with a SCOTUS pick that won't uphold the constitution? That's the fricking job description.
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2016, 11:40 AM
Lollie's Avatar
Elle qui tolère Trump
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,061
Thanks: 14,689
Thanked 13,820 Times in 8,490 Posts
Default Re: Obama nominates Merrick Garland to U.S. Supreme Court

[moderator mode]

Let's please try to exercise some restraint with the name calling folks.
Thanks a bunch.

[/moderator mode]
__________________
Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment.
- C.S. Lewis
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lollie For This Useful Post:
  #96 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2016, 12:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,933 Posts
Default Re: Obama nominates Merrick Garland to U.S. Supreme Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
[moderator mode]

Let's please try to exercise some restraint with the name calling folks.
Thanks a bunch.

[/moderator mode]
I'm going to start using the term "Cecil"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
court, garland, merrick, nominates, obama, supreme

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0