Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > The Constitution & The Judicial Branch
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Constitution & The Judicial Branch Discuss Democrats eye health care contingency plan at the Political Forums; A top Senate Democrat says his party has been doing some contingency planning in case the Supreme Court spikes some ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2012, 03:58 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 82,516
Thanks: 55,868
Thanked 26,418 Times in 18,920 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
A top Senate Democrat says his party has been doing some contingency planning in case the Supreme Court spikes some or all of the health reform law on Thursday — even though they’ve insisted that the law will be upheld.

“We have different proposed drafts for different contingencies,” Senate HELP Committee Chairman Tom Harkin told reporters when asked about a response to the court ruling.

Quote:
Harkin offered no details of how Democrats might respond under different scenarios. But he suggested it would be wise for his colleagues to react quickly, with the goal of “getting in the mix right away so that the American people know we have something that if [the justices] remove it, we could take care of whatever the Supreme Court did.”

Health care reform: Democrats eye a contingency plan - POLITICO.com
Told cha
__________________
Happy 100th Birthday, Lois Dickenson Malone!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,620
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 36,176 Times in 20,634 Posts
Default Re: Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
we could take care of whatever the Supreme Court did.
Notice how Harkin makes it sound as if they have to react to what the "Supreme Court did", but reality is that the Supreme Court is reacting to what THEY did in the first place!...

They're putting the responsibility for an HC failure on the SC instead of themselves...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:01 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 82,516
Thanks: 55,868
Thanked 26,418 Times in 18,920 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Notice how Harkin makes it sound as if they have to react to what the "Supreme Court did", but reality is that the Supreme Court is reacting to what THEY did in the first place!...

They're putting the responsibility for an HC failure on the SC instead of themselves...
It's actually the failure of Republicans in congress for non participation.
__________________
Happy 100th Birthday, Lois Dickenson Malone!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saltwn For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:32 PM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,881
Thanks: 1,056
Thanked 3,436 Times in 1,907 Posts
Default Re: Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
It's actually the failure of Republicans in congress for non participation.
Um, perhaps I misunderstand. Are you saying that the republicans are at fault because they didn't help the dems pass unconstitutional legislation?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PNW
Gender: Male
Posts: 70,513
Thanks: 22,404
Thanked 18,921 Times in 13,936 Posts
Default Re: Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
Notice how Harkin makes it sound as if they have to react to what the "Supreme Court did", but reality is that the Supreme Court is reacting to what THEY did in the first place!...

They're putting the responsibility for an HC failure on the SC instead of themselves...
What I noticed first is that the right has no plan at all.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2012, 05:34 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,620
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 36,176 Times in 20,634 Posts
Default Re: Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
Um, perhaps I misunderstand. Are you saying that the republicans are at fault because they didn't help the dems pass unconstitutional legislation?
They are also at fault for you forgetting what you did with your keys, Limburger cheese, Barney the Dinosaur, Justin Beiber, and the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers non-win season...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Xcali's Avatar
Dog Man Entertainment Grp
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Arkansas
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,194
Thanks: 486
Thanked 1,395 Times in 998 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Xcali
Default Re: Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch907 View Post
Um, perhaps I misunderstand. Are you saying that the republicans are at fault because they didn't help the dems pass unconstitutional legislation?
If it's unconstitutional for a Government to force you to purchase something then someone should ask them how they can force you to buy Auto insurance. It's really, Really funny how republicans will scream it's Unconstitutional now that an actual Mandate has been passed when the whole Idea of the Mandate is a Republican Idea in the first place. The only reason they didn't support it now is because there was a Democrat in the White House.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,620
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 36,176 Times in 20,634 Posts
Default Re: Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcali View Post
If it's unconstitutional for a Government to force you to purchase something then someone should ask them how they can force you to buy Auto insurance.
There's a simple reason for that...which is probably why you didn't know it...

There is a HUGE difference between what a STATE government is allowed to do and what the FEDERAL government is allowed to do...

The 10th amendment states...

Quote:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
That is why there are fifty STATE auto insurance mandates but no FEDERAL auto insurance mandates...It would be unconstitutional...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2012, 04:18 PM
rivrrat's Avatar
Queen of Awesomeness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,833
Thanks: 3,272
Thanked 10,473 Times in 6,022 Posts
Default Re: Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
There's a simple reason for that...which is probably why you didn't know it...

There is a HUGE difference between what a STATE government is allowed to do and what the FEDERAL government is allowed to do...

The 10th amendment states...

That is why there are fifty STATE auto insurance mandates but no FEDERAL auto insurance mandates...It would be unconstitutional...
Additionally, no one is forced to buy auto insurance unless they want to drive a vehicle on public roads. If they want the PRIVILEGE of driving on public roads, then they must have insurance.

The health insurance mandate is for all living people. No choice in that one.
__________________


Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.

Gypsy Soul Memories
Scuba Diver Life
My YouTube Channel
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2012, 04:21 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,620
Thanks: 2,278
Thanked 36,176 Times in 20,634 Posts
Default Re: Democrats eye health care contingency plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
Additionally, no one is forced to buy auto insurance unless they want to drive a vehicle on public roads. If they want the PRIVILEGE of driving on public roads, then they must have insurance.

The health insurance mandate is for all living people. No choice in that one.
Good point!...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
care, contingency, democrats, eye, health, plan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0