Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Conspiracy Theories (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/conspiracy-theories/)
-   -   Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/conspiracy-theories/55108-conspiracy-theory-proven-fact-walmart-converted-detention-center.html)

mr wonder 06-15-2018 10:16 AM

Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact as Cops Remove Senator from Walmart Converted into Detention Center
....In 2015, Snopes attempted to fact-check “rumors” that “began to swirl in April 2015 when several Walmart stores around the U.S. were abruptly closed due what Walmart claimed were “plumbing problems.“ Walmarts in Pico Rivera, CA, Livingston, TX, Midland, TX, Brandon, FL, and Tulsa, OK, all suddenly closed their doors, with Walmart corporate announcing that some of those outlets would be shuttered for six months or more. We now know, even though Snopes has not updated its web page, that at least one of those Walmarts is a detention center to house children of immigrant families.

U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley (D-OR) attempted to enter the converted Walmart in Brownsville, TX to inspect the living conditions of immigrant children who had reportedly been separated from their parents and were rumored to be kept in cages and concrete floors of the converted Walmart. Merkley streamed live on social media his attempt to enter the facility but was denied entry by Homeland Security....

... U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley said in video..
When an organization has something to hide, not allowing members of congress to see it, in a democracy, is completely unacceptable…What’s going on is an effort to prevent the press from being able to report to the American people what is happening. And that’s simply unacceptable.
Later on in the video he added:
So far, as far as we know, no member of Congress has actually been allowed to see what’s going on with this program.
The detention facility is run by Southwest Key Programs, who promptly issued an apology to the Senator from Oregon on Wednesday for disallowing Merkley entry to its converted Walmart on Padre Island Highway in Brownsville. The statement reads:
We regret having to turn away Senator Merkley at our Casa Padre shelter. The U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) prohibits any facility from allowing visits that have not been approved by them, even if it is a U.S. Senator. With ORR approval, Southwest Key shelters have welcomed elected and other public officials at our facilities in the past, and will continue to do so, because we are proud of the caring environment we provide these children. We have reached out to the Senator and connected with his staff because we would like to see this happen.
https://www.activistpost.com/2018/06...on-center.html
so who's in charge? Why can't a congress person visit any gov't immigration facility. makes no sense.


From the washingtonpost
BROWNSVILLE, Tex. — For more than a year, the old Walmart along the Mexican border here has been a mystery to those driving by on the highway. In place of the supercenter’s trademark logo hangs a curious sign: “Casa Padre.”

But behind the sliding doors is a bustling city unto itself, equipped with classrooms, recreation centers and medical examination rooms. Casa Padre now houses more than 1,400 immigrant boys in federal custody. While most are teenagers who entered the United States alone, dozens of others — often younger — were forcibly separated from their parents at the border by a new Trump administration “zero tolerance” policy.

On Wednesday evening, for the first time since that policy was announced — and amid increased national interest after a U.S. senator, Oregon Democrat Jeff Merkley, was turned away — federal authorities allowed a small group of reporters to tour the secretive shelter, the largest of its kind in the nation.

Inside, where there was once a McDonald’s, cafeteria workers served chicken, vegetables and plastic fruit cups. In the former loading docks, children watched the animated movie “Moana,” dubbed in Spanish. In what used to be a garage, six young people played basketball....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.d06b8c0670dd

Yeah, I'm sure none of the other super wal-marts will be converted in dentition centers right?

mr wonder 06-15-2018 10:20 AM

Re: Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
Saw a great Comment in one story on this.
WAL-MART
if you turn the "WAL" backwards you get "LAW"
and if you add "ial" to "MART" you get "MARTIAL"!!!!
:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

you laugh now.....
bet those kids in Texas aren't laughing.

FrancSevin 06-15-2018 10:22 AM

Re: Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
So is your point that a Walmart store was converted, or that a Congressman was turned away fro the detention center?

The title suggests the former, the text the latter.

As for the Senator, his attempt to prove self importance was no conspiracy theory. It was fact.

And as for CASA PADRE, what it did was not a military secret.

To my mind, the only conspiracy theory would be about his intentions to bring a camera crew with him to document his donkey charge on the windmills.

BTW, many older Wal-Marts are repurposed. I had a printing plant in one for 10 years

mr wonder 06-15-2018 10:34 AM

Re: Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 937250)
So is your point that a Walmart store was converted, or that a Congressman was turned away fro the detention center?

The title suggests the former, the text the latter.

As for the Congressman, his attempt to prove self importance was no conspiracy theory. It was fact.

And as for CASA PADRE, what it did was not a military secret.

To my mind, the only conspiracy theory would be about his intentions to bring a camera crew with him to document his donkey charge on the windmills.

the point is Both.

years ago when wal-mart announced several major closures, among the top speculation- "conspiracy theory"- was that they were really being converted into dentition centers for FEMA and or ICE. It was Hotly denied and Poo pooh by Walmart and those souls that simply no better than to suspect corporation and gov'ts of planning anything secretly.

And the fact that a congressmen is barred by corporate goons and LEO's to visit this previously secret GOVERNMENT facility tracks along the same line that there's a certain portion of gov't and corporate collusion that acts OUTside of constitutional boundaries.

FrancSevin 06-15-2018 05:29 PM

Re: Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 937252)
the point is Both.

years ago when wal-mart announced several major closures, among the top speculation- "conspiracy theory"- was that they were really being converted into dentition centers for FEMA and or ICE. It was Hotly denied and Poo pooh by Walmart and those souls that simply no better than to suspect corporation and gov'ts of planning anything secretly.

And the fact that a congressmen is barred by corporate goons and LEO's to visit this previously secret GOVERNMENT facility tracks along the same line that there's a certain portion of gov't and corporate collusion that acts OUTside of constitutional boundaries.

We have an FBI openly hostile to the office of the President and you want me to worry about a Senator who was denied access to private property.

I get it. I just don't agree with you that it is a conspiracy. Or somehow un-Constitutional.

Where does the founding document say any senator can barge in anywhere they please? It actually says the opposite.

BTW;As I understand it, the Senator was allowed in later after proper requests were granted.

saltwn 06-15-2018 06:20 PM

Re: Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 937248)
Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact as Cops Remove Senator from Walmart Converted into Detention Center
....In 2015, Snopes attempted to fact-check “rumors” that “began to swirl in April 2015 when several Walmart stores around the U.S. were abruptly closed due what Walmart claimed were “plumbing problems.“ Walmarts in Pico Rivera, CA, Livingston, TX, Midland, TX, Brandon, FL, and Tulsa, OK, all suddenly closed their doors, with Walmart corporate announcing that some of those outlets would be shuttered for six months or more. We now know, even though Snopes has not updated its web page, that at least one of those Walmarts is a detention center to house children of immigrant families.

U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley (D-OR) attempted to enter the converted Walmart in Brownsville, TX to inspect the living conditions of immigrant children who had reportedly been separated from their parents and were rumored to be kept in cages and concrete floors of the converted Walmart. Merkley streamed live on social media his attempt to enter the facility but was denied entry by Homeland Security....

... U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley said in video..
When an organization has something to hide, not allowing members of congress to see it, in a democracy, is completely unacceptable…What’s going on is an effort to prevent the press from being able to report to the American people what is happening. And that’s simply unacceptable.
Later on in the video he added:
So far, as far as we know, no member of Congress has actually been allowed to see what’s going on with this program.
The detention facility is run by Southwest Key Programs, who promptly issued an apology to the Senator from Oregon on Wednesday for disallowing Merkley entry to its converted Walmart on Padre Island Highway in Brownsville. The statement reads:
We regret having to turn away Senator Merkley at our Casa Padre shelter. The U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) prohibits any facility from allowing visits that have not been approved by them, even if it is a U.S. Senator. With ORR approval, Southwest Key shelters have welcomed elected and other public officials at our facilities in the past, and will continue to do so, because we are proud of the caring environment we provide these children. We have reached out to the Senator and connected with his staff because we would like to see this happen.
https://www.activistpost.com/2018/06...on-center.html
so who's in charge? Why can't a congress person visit any gov't immigration facility. makes no sense.


From the washingtonpost
BROWNSVILLE, Tex. — For more than a year, the old Walmart along the Mexican border here has been a mystery to those driving by on the highway. In place of the supercenter’s trademark logo hangs a curious sign: “Casa Padre.”

But behind the sliding doors is a bustling city unto itself, equipped with classrooms, recreation centers and medical examination rooms. Casa Padre now houses more than 1,400 immigrant boys in federal custody. While most are teenagers who entered the United States alone, dozens of others — often younger — were forcibly separated from their parents at the border by a new Trump administration “zero tolerance” policy.

On Wednesday evening, for the first time since that policy was announced — and amid increased national interest after a U.S. senator, Oregon Democrat Jeff Merkley, was turned away — federal authorities allowed a small group of reporters to tour the secretive shelter, the largest of its kind in the nation.

Inside, where there was once a McDonald’s, cafeteria workers served chicken, vegetables and plastic fruit cups. In the former loading docks, children watched the animated movie “Moana,” dubbed in Spanish. In what used to be a garage, six young people played basketball....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.d06b8c0670dd

Yeah, I'm sure none of the other super wal-marts will be converted in dentition centers right?

It's O. K.; they've now decided to hire defense contractors to care for the children.

Quote:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/defens...kids-detention

A scandal-plagued company that used to work for the CIA is poised to profit off the influx of immigrant children being forcibly separated from their parents.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-warnermedia

https://boingboing.net/2018/06/14/de...re-making.html

:mad:(

jimbo 06-15-2018 07:07 PM

Re: Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr wonder (Post 937252)
the point is Both.

years ago when wal-mart announced several major closures, among the top speculation- "conspiracy theory"- was that they were really being converted into dentition centers for FEMA and or ICE. It was Hotly denied and Poo pooh by Walmart and those souls that simply no better than to suspect corporation and gov'ts of planning anything secretly.

And the fact that a congressmen is barred by corporate goons and LEO's to visit this previously secret GOVERNMENT facility tracks along the same line that there's a certain portion of gov't and corporate collusion that acts OUTside of constitutional boundaries.

Are you suggesting that Walmart closed viable retail space in order to convert to detention centers? This based on "speculation - conspiracy theory".

Retail space is generally the highest and best use of any property. Meanwhile I personally know of thousands of feet or warehouse space available. Makes no sense to close retail to create vacant open space for the purpose of housing kids.

If Wal Mart however, had unused open space, another utilization would be prudent.

As for the Senator, rules is rules.

We regret having to turn away Senator Merkley at our Casa Padre shelter. The U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) prohibits any facility from allowing visits that have not been approved by them, even if it is a U.S. Senator.

Pick up your phone and make the call.

saltwn 06-15-2018 07:15 PM

Re: Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrancSevin (Post 937292)
We have an FBI openly hostile to the office of the President and you want me to worry about a Senator who was denied access to private property.

...

where did you grab that fantasy tale?

saltwn 06-15-2018 07:19 PM

Re: Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 937302)
...
We regret having to turn away Senator Merkley at our Casa Padre shelter. The U.S. Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) prohibits any facility from allowing visits that have not been approved by them, even if it is a U.S. Senator.

...

If there's nothing to hide he should have been allowed in. Not to let a U. S. senator inspect a holding facility is unheard of.
Congressman even inspected Ghana, for goodness sake at the behest of American relatives. And you're telling me you don't want senators sticking their nose in if you get put in a detention center?
Precedent :mad:(

jimbo 06-15-2018 07:39 PM

Re: Conspiracy Theory Proven Fact Walmart Converted to Detention Center
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 937304)
If there's nothing to hide he should have been allowed in. Not to let a U. S. senator inspect a holding facility is unheard of.
Congressman even inspected Ghana, for goodness sake at the behest of American relatives. And you're telling me you don't want senators sticking their nose in if you get put in a detention center?
Precedent :mad:(

It\'s my understanding, he was. After he made the proper requests. I\'d bet it\'s not unheard of to deny entrance to a Senator or anyone else.


"at the behest of American relatives. "

And I\'m betting they filled out the proper paperwork.

No, I don\'t want Congressmen sticking their nose in unless they follow the rules. But what I want doesn\'t matter. Apparently private government contractors following proper procedure don\'t want them in either.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0