Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Conspiracy Theories
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Conspiracy Theories Discuss Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK at the General Discussion; Debate me on it ......

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2012, 07:06 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 71,859
Thanks: 52,259
Thanked 24,891 Times in 17,618 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

Debate me on it ...
__________________
Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Awahso's Avatar
Future Pig
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,019
Thanks: 962
Thanked 1,449 Times in 833 Posts
Default Re: Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

No way. Not sure if he was actually a trigger man. Even if he was, there is no way he was the only one who fired. You are telling me that LHO fired four rounds with almost 100% accuracy, in record time, through trees, with no sniper training what so ever? No way.
__________________
"In Honor There Is Hope"

Canada born, Georgia raised.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Awahso For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:46 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 71,859
Thanks: 52,259
Thanked 24,891 Times in 17,618 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

America was traumatized at the ability of one person to change our history with some lucky shots. Yes we built the conspiracies out of self protectionism. It's easier to beieve we are more invincible than we actually are.
__________________
Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Awahso's Avatar
Future Pig
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,019
Thanks: 962
Thanked 1,449 Times in 833 Posts
Default Re: Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Yes we built the conspiracies out of self protectionism. It's easier to beieve we are more invincible than we actually are.
Generally I believe this statement; I believe that is what happened with events such as the Vietnam War, 9/11, 7/7/7, etc. However, the assassination of President John F. Kennedy as told by the Warren Commission is unbelievable.
__________________
"In Honor There Is Hope"

Canada born, Georgia raised.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Awahso For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:01 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 71,859
Thanks: 52,259
Thanked 24,891 Times in 17,618 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awahso View Post
Generally I believe this statement; I believe that is what happened with events such as the Vietnam War, 9/11, 7/7/7, etc. However, the assassination of President John F. Kennedy as told by the Warren Commission is unbelievable.
We just weren't as aware (as we sadly are today)that a lone crazy is capable of such action. If it happened today we wouldn't be as apt to theorize around the crazy factor. Warren commission I explain this way. There were probably things they kept secret or washed over simply for expediency and propriety. But many have construed the missing parts to mean big conspiracy. I think it was just an attitude of having overwhelming evidence and wanting to not drag it out for the mental health of the nation.
__________________
Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Awahso's Avatar
Future Pig
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,019
Thanks: 962
Thanked 1,449 Times in 833 Posts
Default Re: Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
We just weren't as aware (as we sadly are today)that a lone crazy is capable of such action. If it happened today we wouldn't be as apt to theorize around the crazy factor. Warren commission I explain this way. There were probably things they kept secret or washed over simply for expediency and propriety. But many have construed the missing parts to mean big conspiracy. I think it was just an attitude of having overwhelming evidence and wanting to not drag it out for the mental health of the nation.
Funny enough, because everything is a conspiracy, I am pretty sure if it happened today there would be even more fuel for the conspiracy fire. After all, according to people like Alex Jones, the Trayvon Martin killing and the Aurora Shootings were both conspiracies by the Obama administration

Regardless, I will never be sold that Lee Harvey Oswald shot and killed JFK by himself. Whether it was a CIA planned attack or he just had multiple co-conspirators, he was not alone that morning.
__________________
"In Honor There Is Hope"

Canada born, Georgia raised.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Awahso For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:23 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 71,859
Thanks: 52,259
Thanked 24,891 Times in 17,618 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awahso View Post
Funny enough, because everything is a conspiracy, I am pretty sure if it happened today there would be even more fuel for the conspiracy fire. After all, according to people like Alex Jones, the Trayvon Martin killing and the Aurora Shootings were both conspiracies by the Obama administration

Regardless, I will never be sold that Lee Harvey Oswald shot and killed JFK by himself. Whether it was a CIA planned attack or he just had multiple co-conspirators, he was not alone that morning.
Conspiracies yes, but today we accept some people are just that damned nuts. Whereas back then we had to swallow a man being that much of a loony and that events worked so perfectly.
Mass hysteria or mass hypnosis, whatever the reason, we wanted to believe only an intricate plot with the highest input could take down a sitting American President.
__________________
Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Awahso's Avatar
Future Pig
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,019
Thanks: 962
Thanked 1,449 Times in 833 Posts
Default Re: Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Conspiracies yes, but today we accept some people are just that damned nuts. Whereas back then we had to swallow a man being that much of a loony and that events worked so perfectly.
Mass hysteria or mass hypnosis, whatever the reason, we wanted to believe only an intricate plot with the highest input could take down a sitting American President.
Many would argue the exact opposite; that our minds can't handle that our own government would assassinate our leader and therefore we accept the that a lone shooter got lucky.
__________________
"In Honor There Is Hope"

Canada born, Georgia raised.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Spencer Collins's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Of Eden
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,265
Thanks: 17,889
Thanked 11,795 Times in 7,705 Posts
Default Re: Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

I would highly recommend the book Case Closed by Gerald Posner. He makes a strong argument for a lone gunman. That said,some will never be convinced of the lone gunman theory but the book is well worth reading.

Quote:
The assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, continues to inspire interest ranging from well-meaning speculation to bizarre conspiracy theories and controversial filmmaking. But in this landmark book, reissued with a new afterword for the 40th anniversary of the assassination, Gerald Posner examines all of the available evidence and reaches the only possible conclusion: Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. There was no second gunman on the grassy knoll. The CIA was not involved. And although more than four million pages of documents have been released since Posner first made his case, they have served only to corroborate his findings. Case Closed remains the classic account against which all books about JFKs death must be measured.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spencer Collins For This Useful Post:
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 PM
rivrrat's Avatar
Queen of Awesomeness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,833
Thanks: 3,272
Thanked 10,471 Times in 6,020 Posts
Default Re: Lee Oswald a lone gunman killed JFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
Debate me on it ...
you're not the boss of me!
__________________


Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.

Gypsy Soul Memories
Scuba Diver Life
My YouTube Channel
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rivrrat For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
gunman, jfk, killed, lee, lone, oswald

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0