Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Conspiracy Theories
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Conspiracy Theories Discuss Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian? at the General Discussion; Originally Posted by AK Gandy Who says he won't release more? You don't think that by letting just some out ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Who says he won't release more?

You don't think that by letting just some out a at time, he keeps his name in the media?

I would like to see a link on the "other 249,218 cables."



Link?
Sorry, with all the mis-information and hysteria flying around out there, I thought the link, might be a little too toxic.
Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: JAX
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,975
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 2,968 Times in 2,109 Posts
Default Re: Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
Sorry, with all the mis-information and hysteria flying around out there, I thought the link, might be a little too toxic.
Quote:
The embassy cables will be released in stages over the next few months. The subject matter of these cables is of such importance, and the geographical spread so broad, that to do otherwise would not do this material justice.
Just as I said, he wants to string it out so that he can stay in the media.

.
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Gandy View Post
Just as I said, he wants to string it out so that he can stay in the media.

.
For the sake of argument and say that is true, I still think Palin is more of a danger to this country.

Right or wrong, Assange could at least be considered as someone who brought the US to it's own Nuremburg Trials; Palin however, validates the stupidity of many American's. We've paid dearly for having a president (Bush) that was unqualified for the job he was required to do, we don't need another one.

To put things in perspective, when someone wants to be a doctor, they have to go through years of education and training, before they get that title. In my line of work, you cannot call yourself an Electrical Engineer, unless you are a registered PE by the State of California. And you can't even take the PE exam, until you've:
  • obtained a Bachelor's Degree
  • completed 3 years of documented work experience
  • passed the E-I-T
The point is, when you look at what is the resume for other occupations, you would think we would ask the same of our President? But with people like Palin, propaganda outlets like Fox and many bloggers (like we have here), we are giving credibility to ignorant morons who will do nothing but wreck this country. Because they are not qualified to run it.

We've already illegally and immorally invaded two country's that didn't attack us; killed over a million innocent men, women and children; destroyed our economy, American heritage and reputation around the world; and the basic tenets of our Constitution. I think we've paid enough for giving some credence to idiots.

Bottom line, if we want to have a better government, we have to be a better society. And throwing Assange and Palin in the same pot, is not getting it done.
Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: JAX
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,975
Thanks: 2,205
Thanked 2,968 Times in 2,109 Posts
Default Re: Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
For the sake of argument and say that is true, I still think Palin is more of a danger to this country.
I never said she wasn't.

I agree with you.

I just said they're both media whores.

To call Assange a "hero" though, is to pervert the meaning IMHO.


.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AK Gandy For This Useful Post:
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,926 Times in 8,521 Posts
Default Re: Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian?

I think he did America wrong with the earlier release of info before this recent release which I found a lot about countries I thought were our friends.

I don't hate the guy but he isn't a hero. Not if money was his goal, which as we now see and hear was the reason behind it, plus the fame he has gathered.

Mostly from the very Liberal side of the coin. So lets just allow the time to see if I am right {as some others} or if you libbers are right.

Now how do we get to do that? Time write history and becomes the judge.

But go ahead and don't wait give Julian Assange, all the medals you want but in time we all will know how he will be thought of...
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
I think he did America wrong with the earlier release of info before this recent release which I found a lot about countries I thought were our friends.

I don't hate the guy but he isn't a hero. Not if money was his goal, which as we now see and hear was the reason behind it, plus the fame he has gathered.

Mostly from the very Liberal side of the coin. So lets just allow the time to see if I am right {as some others} or if you libbers are right.

Now how do we get to do that? Time write history and becomes the judge.

But go ahead and don't wait give Julian Assange, all the medals you want but in time we all will know how he will be thought of...
Waiting to see, is the best point of the thread...

...so far.
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 07:43 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,926 Times in 8,521 Posts
Default Re: Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
Waiting to see, is the best point of the thread...

...so far.
Awwww we agree again... 's ... I like it when we can and yes I know you don't care for the kindness so how about I,

say your a darn nice guy when on the beach playing in the sand building sand castles, you lame white Liberal clown...

Does that filp your switch?
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,242
Thanks: 700
Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default Re: Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Awwww we agree again... 's ... I like it when we can and yes I know you don't care for the kindness so how about I,

say your a darn nice guy when on the beach playing in the sand building sand castles, you lame white Liberal clown...

Does that filp your switch?
You have no access to my switches.
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,926 Times in 8,521 Posts
Default Re: Julian Assange is he a hero or a villian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billo_Really View Post
You have no access to my switches.
Aww you lefty's I do to. I can shut you down till I want to hear you again but won't because you sometimes make a lot of sense like this, which is all I saw in that long winded post.

Quote:
Bottom line, if we want to have a better government, we have to be a better society. And throwing Assange and Palin in the same pot, is not getting it done.


You, like Mikeyy have a graps for reality unlike most of the left. Then I also need to say our two Liberal staff members also have it.

Just look at the title show me where it says Palin? You can't so you express reality unlike the progressive your talking to..

Using Debate 101 for Dummies, lie or change the topic...

These want to be's need to put that book away and learn from the 4 of you. More of the other 3 as you get wild at times surf man.
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
assange, hero, julian, villian

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0