Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > General Discussion > Climate Change & The Environment
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Climate Change & The Environment Discuss See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers at the General Discussion; Gee and I use to call some of you friends. Some . Hey think what you like. All I wanted ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2017, 02:49 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,923 Times in 8,519 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

Gee and I use to call some of you friends. Some . Hey think what you like.

All I wanted was to post this and a few others in a row. But you people can't allow that can you.

Like I said I don't care what started this newest C.C. as we are a bit to far into it to make it go away. Do you realize this?

So I would like to post news as plenty of people will feel the results in a short while. While some in areas of the world feel results right now.

So get off you high brow know it all crap and just allow others who might like to check out what is written do so...

Take a day or two then come in a blast every word.. As I am not going to stop posting this.

Why because it is always present in my News App. So it means it needs to be shared.
Regardless of what you people think.
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2017, 03:01 PM
zoriolus's Avatar
Banjo qd
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,104
Thanks: 3,032
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,540 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Gee and I use to call some of you friends. Some . Hey think what you like.

All I wanted was to post this and a few others in a row. But you people can't allow that can you.

Like I said I don't care what started this newest C.C. as we are a bit to far into it to make it go away. Do you realize this?

So I would like to post news as plenty of people will feel the results in a short while. While some in areas of the world feel results right now.

So get off you high brow know it all crap and just allow others who might like to check out what is written do so...

Take a day or two then come in a blast every word.. As I am not going to stop posting this.

Why because it is always present in my News App. So it means it needs to be shared.
Regardless of what you people think.

I viewed the video twice and I didn't see NDT answer the question. This has little reflection on you. You are a friend.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoriolus For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,367
Thanks: 6,932
Thanked 6,793 Times in 4,608 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

I don't think ANYONE believes that there is no such thing as "Climate Change" everyone knows that the climate constantly changes. What I find funny is that people believe that "People" are responsible for droughts, floods, tornados, hurricanes and everyday bad weather.

I personally believe it is just "Weather"

I have never heard anyone say that "People" are responsible for "Good" weather, why is that? If people control the weather, they can't just pick out bad weather as being the fault of humans. This month has been beautiful in Las Vegas compared to past years, whose fault is that?

In the 1940's the month of May had a terrible heat wave in the southwest U.S. Why? There were less people and cars on the planet 70 years ago.

Then there were the very cold winters in the late 1970's, why was that? man made climate change? or a normal weather cycle?

P.S. we still love ya Lurpy.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2017, 12:55 PM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,923 Times in 8,519 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I don't think ANYONE believes that there is no such thing as "Climate Change" everyone knows that the climate constantly changes. What I find funny is that people believe that "People" are responsible for droughts, floods, tornados, hurricanes and everyday bad weather.

I personally believe it is just "Weather"

I have never heard anyone say that "People" are responsible for "Good" weather, why is that? If people control the weather, they can't just pick out bad weather as being the fault of humans. This month has been beautiful in Las Vegas compared to past years, whose fault is that?

In the 1940's the month of May had a terrible heat wave in the southwest U.S. Why? There were less people and cars on the planet 70 years ago.

Then there were the very cold winters in the late 1970's, why was that? man made climate change? or a normal weather cycle?

P.S. we still love ya Lurpy.
Dog Man.

Now Dog man this is to all deniers not you along buddy...


And we all have opinions as we all have a belly button, nipples or a ash crack.
Yep we all have them but why is one opinion better than another? Well the closer to facts that are provable might be one reason.

Well read each post above and see whom opinion is closer to actual facts. Not science but proven facts. Now that might present a problem as some will use it to try to make me look small. And avoid the entire statement.

Man kind has forever, from day one been hell bent on his own needs not the Earths.
Heck it is only recently that everyday people have been encouraged to recycle.
And yet with what we know today just how many house hold do bother with recycling? Yep isn't it.

And what about going back to the beginning of the Industrial Age. Just how did mankind in all the new developments actually do for his home planet? We know all of these new methods had pollutants.

So just what did mankind invent, change to avoid these many pollutants from damaging the planet and our atmosphere?

Gee what has mankind done to ease any burdens he has caused towards our home, the Earth and it's atmosphere say, till the 60's and into the present. Cause before then not much was done or given any thought to.

Gee this was the quest for riches so the last thing needed was any deep thought about safety or pollutants, much less how these would affect lives or the future.

Have you noticed if your a bit older that while a younger you and your friends just how many were affected by allergies, or were sickly. One person out of about 10 to 14 friends of mine.

And she got that way from an accident a few years earlier. I knew of just one guy a bit older than me who used crutches as he had polio. And dang it he could out run me every time.

And back to the present take any group of children and about 1/8 + will have
conditions. Now I can't say with facts that it is because of the air we breath, nor will I.
But we all know health well being in today's population isn't that great with out the many different doctors so many need visits to.

Just how many times if you grew up during the late 50's did you need to see any doctors?
Heck I was a Military Brat all my growing years and we saw a medic for shots I can't recall seeing any doctors. Yet I might of.

Now are we as a society a bit sicker because we have so many different types of doctors or because about every thing we take into our bodies is not that good for us?

But some people are hell bent on having the opinion mankind has done nothing to harm anything, period. Take wars and mankind has had plenty of them.
Just what about any fighting and killing is so great for our planet or what we breath?
Please explain it to me!!! On seond thought don't bother as to believe mankind has had no ill effects on the air we breath or our planet is to be very closed minded.
And your opinions, thought are not worth crap if your so closed to reality. Now this is just IMHO..

And I would say it again does the cause or whom done it really matter now at this late date? I don't believe it does matter and have said this before yet guess whom is still trying to state it wasn't humans who caused this problem.

Maybe when the waters rise above your ankles and you see ice bergs melting as they flow by then you might realize the need to advance your thinking and deal with the facts..
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...

Last edited by mlurp; 05-15-2017 at 01:03 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,367
Thanks: 6,932
Thanked 6,793 Times in 4,608 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Dog Man.

Now Dog man this is to all deniers not you along buddy...


And we all have opinions as we all have a belly button, nipples or a ash crack.
Yep we all have them but why is one opinion better than another? Well the closer to facts that are provable might be one reason.

Well read each post above and see whom opinion is closer to actual facts. Not science but proven facts. Now that might present a problem as some will use it to try to make me look small. And avoid the entire statement.

Man kind has forever, from day one been hell bent on his own needs not the Earths.
Heck it is only recently that everyday people have been encouraged to recycle.
And yet with what we know today just how many house hold do bother with recycling? Yep isn't it.

And what about going back to the beginning of the Industrial Age. Just how did mankind in all the new developments actually do for his home planet? We know all of these new methods had pollutants.

So just what did mankind invent, change to avoid these many pollutants from damaging the planet and our atmosphere?

Gee what has mankind done to ease any burdens he has caused towards our home, the Earth and it's atmosphere say, till the 60's and into the present. Cause before then not much was done or given any thought to.

Gee this was the quest for riches so the last thing needed was any deep thought about safety or pollutants, much less how these would affect lives or the future.

Have you noticed if your a bit older that while a younger you and your friends just how many were affected by allergies, or were sickly. One person out of about 10 to 14 friends of mine.

And she got that way from an accident a few years earlier. I knew of just one guy a bit older than me who used crutches as he had polio. And dang it he could out run me every time.

And back to the present take any group of children and about 1/8 + will have
conditions. Now I can't say with facts that it is because of the air we breath, nor will I.
But we all know health well being in today's population isn't that great with out the many different doctors so many need visits to.

Just how many times if you grew up during the late 50's did you need to see any doctors?
Heck I was a Military Brat all my growing years and we saw a medic for shots I can't recall seeing any doctors. Yet I might of.

Now are we as a society a bit sicker because we have so many different types of doctors or because about every thing we take into our bodies is not that good for us?

But some people are hell bent on having the opinion mankind has done nothing to harm anything, period. Take wars and mankind has had plenty of them.
Just what about any fighting and killing is so great for our planet or what we breath?
Please explain it to me!!! On seond thought don't bother as to believe mankind has had no ill effects on the air we breath or our planet is to be very closed minded.
And your opinions, thought are not worth crap if your so closed to reality. Now this is just IMHO..

And I would say it again does the cause or whom done it really matter now at this late date? I don't believe it does matter and have said this before yet guess whom is still trying to state it wasn't humans who caused this problem.

Maybe when the waters rise above your ankles and you see ice bergs melting as they flow by then you might realize the need to advance your thinking and deal with the facts..
I don't believe the Oceans will rise. If anyone really believed that, they would be taking precautions now in coastal cities around the world. Have you EVER even heard about people STARTING to take precautions. Sorry, but if that is going to happen, there is nothing we will be able to do to stop it from happening. I have not heard of one single person selling their home on the beach, have you?

Now! if you want to talk about air pollution causing health problems, I will listen. But all we here is talk about bad weather.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2017, 12:57 AM
mlurp's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flatlands
Gender: Male
Posts: 37,487
Thanks: 19,199
Thanked 10,923 Times in 8,519 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I don't believe the Oceans will rise. If anyone really believed that, they would be taking precautions now in coastal cities around the world. Have you EVER even heard about people STARTING to take precautions. Sorry, but if that is going to happen, there is nothing we will be able to do to stop it from happening. I have not heard of one single person selling their home on the beach, have you?

Now! if you want to talk about air pollution causing health problems, I will listen. But all we here is talk about bad weather.
Yes I have in certain areas like Bangladesh and several small Pacific Islands with very little height also Venice. See in these places the water is rising slowly but surely.
I was going to post some news about 16 places like Venice that are sinking as they put it.
But what I read on my News App wasn't online yesterday.

I just found these buddy. Maybe you need to take a look. And get back to me after you check some of these articles out. If you still believe in your opinion after these them I can't help you, nor can anyone else.. And I will rent you a cottage close to sea level on the coast.

https://nortonsafe.search.ask.com/we...ctype=&tpr=121
__________________


Improvise - Adapt - Over Come...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mlurp For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2017, 09:23 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,367
Thanks: 6,932
Thanked 6,793 Times in 4,608 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurp View Post
Yes I have in certain areas like Bangladesh and several small Pacific Islands with very little height also Venice. See in these places the water is rising slowly but surely.
I was going to post some news about 16 places like Venice that are sinking as they put it.
But what I read on my News App wasn't online yesterday.

I just found these buddy. Maybe you need to take a look. And get back to me after you check some of these articles out. If you still believe in your opinion after these them I can't help you, nor can anyone else.. And I will rent you a cottage close to sea level on the coast.

https://nortonsafe.search.ask.com/we...ctype=&tpr=121
Thank you, I will check it out.

Hey! Fun Fact: 80 years ago today it was 107 degrees in Las Vegas. Today the high is 78
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2017, 10:11 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,140
Thanks: 11,174
Thanked 7,287 Times in 4,889 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Thank you, I will check it out.

Hey! Fun Fact: 80 years ago today it was 107 degrees in Las Vegas. Today the high is 78
that doesn't count
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,367
Thanks: 6,932
Thanked 6,793 Times in 4,608 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wonder View Post
that doesn't count
I just want to know who to thank for the beautiful weather we have been having here.

......Thank you Mr. Wonder, I'm sure you had something to do with it.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 05-16-2017, 12:46 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,140
Thanks: 11,174
Thanked 7,287 Times in 4,889 Posts
Default Re: See Neil deGasse Tyson talk about C.C. Deniers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
I just want to know who to thank for the beautiful weather we have been having here.

......Thank you Mr. Wonder, I'm sure you had something to do with it.
All of my Breathing and Car driving i suspect.


......................

But seriously ,
As Much of a mess humans can make on the earth with real pollution, trash, poisons, radioactivity and raw sewage, fowling the nest as it were. I think we're out of out league in thinking that we are coincidentally changing the earths climate.

I've come to understand that finally it's GOD who's the one who controls the weather, winds, storms, the tides, sun, moon and stars.
the Old Pslams are right

Psalm 135
...Whatever the Lord pleases, He does,
In the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all deeps—
Who causes the clouds to rise from the ends of the earth;
Who makes lightning for the rain,
Who brings the wind from His storehouses...
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
about, degasse, deniers, neil, see, talk, tyson

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0