Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss NFL pledges to halt 'race-norming,' review Black claims at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by FrancSevin Things will never get better if we insist on identifications by race. It makes us all ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2021, 06:23 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,296
Thanks: 12,131
Thanked 8,559 Times in 5,554 Posts
Default Re: NFL pledges to halt 'race-norming,' review Black claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
Things will never get better if we insist on identifications by race. It makes us all grouped as enemies
there's no need for anyone to think of others as enemies simply becasue people id as races or ethinic groups.
anymore than men need to be the enemies of women because we ID by gender. Or someone IDs by Hair color or the state they were born in.

The idea that ethnic groups are enemies by default is part of the problem. those that promote THAT idea are part of the problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
We are a nation of whites, blacks, Indian, Orientals, Hispanics and more. We cannot be a nation united if we are divided, and graded, by the conditions of our birth.
And you naming various ethnic groups isn't the problem.
Grading people, by the various ethnic groups of our birth IS a problem.

understanding that a young woman gets more offers to help with flat tire than a old man does is not "GRADING people". It's acknowledging a fact.
same with treatment of various ethnic groups. Acknowledging facts about specific unequal treatment is not grading people it's pointing out the grading done by others.
It's the traditional way of pointing out real discrimination.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancSevin View Post
The current wave of racism is not about equal opportunity. It is about highlighting our divisions, hate, and blame.
As i mentioned in the 1st post yes. the current leaders of BLM and those that promote Critical Race Theory have crossed over into promoting divisions, hate, and trying to lay UNdue blame.

But it doesn't mean we should pretend that everything is OK-A.
Or that racism is the same as it was 100 years ago.
Both ideas are lying CARTOONS.
Reality isn't "in the middle" either. On SPECIFIC issues things are very good on SPECIFIC issues in someplaces things are Not so good.

Blanket accusations and blanket denials only help politicians and pundits who want to stir the crowds and get a following.
__________________
.
"It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties.
The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents."

..James Madison
.
"Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God."
..1 Peter 2:16

Last edited by mr wonder; 06-18-2021 at 06:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2021, 09:29 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 19,863
Thanks: 13,435
Thanked 14,702 Times in 8,473 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: NFL pledges to halt 'race-norming,' review Black claims

The Marxists running the Democrat party have recast the class struggle into a struggle against so-called systemic racism. In the great struggle there are only two actors, oppressors and oppressed. Just as classic Marxism demands absolute obedience and enthusiastic support for destroying the class oppressor contemporary Marxists demand active participation in burning down the Republic or be condemnation as part of the problem.
__________________
If Democrats were confident their nominee actually received more than 80 million votes they wouldn't have more troops occupying Washington, DC than Lincoln had defending the city during the Civil War. Not Joe Biden, Kim Jung Biden.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2021, 10:48 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 86,833
Thanks: 56,811
Thanked 26,743 Times in 19,202 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: NFL pledges to halt 'race-norming,' review Black claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The Marxists running the Democrat party have recast the class struggle into a struggle against so-called systemic racism. In the great struggle there are only two actors, oppressors and oppressed. Just as classic Marxism demands absolute obedience and enthusiastic support for destroying the class oppressor contemporary Marxists demand active participation in burning down the Republic or be condemnation as part of the problem.
if you believe any of that you seriously need to see a psychiatrist.
__________________
But because it's possible to get reinfected and COVID-19 can cause severe medical complications, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people who have already had COVID-19 get a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition, COVID-19 vaccination might offer better protection than getting sick with COVID-19.Nov 5, 2021
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2021, 07:05 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,155
Thanks: 11,860
Thanked 8,745 Times in 4,959 Posts
Default Re: NFL pledges to halt 'race-norming,' review Black claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
if you believe any of that you seriously need to see a psychiatrist.
You seriously need to educate yourself about the real world.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2021, 11:05 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,296
Thanks: 12,131
Thanked 8,559 Times in 5,554 Posts
Default Re: NFL pledges to halt 'race-norming,' review Black claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The Marxists running the Democrat party have recast the class struggle into a struggle against so-called systemic racism. In the great struggle there are only two actors, oppressors and oppressed. Just as classic Marxism demands absolute obedience and enthusiastic support for destroying the class oppressor contemporary Marxists demand active participation in burning down the Republic or be condemnation as part of the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
if you believe any of that you seriously need to see a psychiatrist.
But it seems AZ is right on this point.
From my growing understanding, “Critical Race Theory" and "Social Justice" are offshoots or side cars of marxist ideology.
The origin and the structure of it, with the so-called dominant group that needs to be dislodged from power. And the idea of the society being transformed into a flat economy and social structure where everyone has THE same things and are in the same place socially and economically, so called "equity" . Rather than the traditional libertine view of equal opportunity, equal access and treatment under the law for everyone on an open and fair playing field.

the difference in the views is profound. with the CRT and Social Justice POV being based in a Marxist ideal and IMO taken to a weirder place.
At least with regular Marxism you have some real standards of wealth and ownership of the upper and lower classes. the "peasants" and "gentry" , the so-called "Proletariat”, "Bourgeoisie" and the like.
At least there's a somewhat clear and real economic distinction that can be made with classic marxism.

CRT and Social Justice seem to base everything in race and gender theories. Which somehow makes ALL white men (the super rich, the dirt poor and even criminally unjustly treated white men) the MAIN problem. While at the same time mudding and redefining... on the fly... what "race" and gender are.

it's very weird , even in classical marxism there was a traditional ANTI racist component. where it was taught that ALL the lower classes are "brothers and sisters". There was the idea that "Race" was a tool of the upper classes used to keep “the workers/people” down. that's one reason why African Asian Euro and South American Communist could work together against upper classes. unite for the revolution. It's one aspects that some western leaders feared. Because during the early 20th century it WAS one of the most powerful ideologies that allowed people to quickly reframe race relations. And it WAS a problem for "the establishment" who HAD used race to divide the work force and people for easier economic and political control of the lower classes.

But seems to me that CRT and Social Justice are barely even based in reality.
Seems they simply scoop off a few real negative historical facts and then paint a bizarro picture of the world that they want everyone else to live in.

Everyone really needs to take a closer look before drinking the CRT and "Social Justice" kool-aid.
__________________
.
"It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties.
The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents."

..James Madison
.
"Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God."
..1 Peter 2:16

Last edited by mr wonder; 06-21-2021 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2021, 12:18 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,967
Thanks: 9,054
Thanked 8,231 Times in 5,461 Posts
Default Re: NFL pledges to halt 'race-norming,' review Black claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
But it seems AZ is right on this point.
From my growing understanding, “Critical Race Theory" and "Social Justice" are offshoots or side cars of marxist ideology.
The origin and the structure of it, with the so-called dominant group that needs to be dislodged from power. And the idea of the society being transformed into a flat economy and social structure where everyone has THE same things and are in the same place socially and economically, so called "equity" . Rather than the traditional libertine view of equal opportunity, equal access and treatment under the law for everyone on an open and fair playing field.

the difference in the views is profound. with the CRT and Social Justice POV being based in a Marxist ideal and IMO taken to a weirder place.
At least with regular Marxism you have some real standards of wealth and ownership of the upper and lower classes. the "peasants" and "gentry" , the so-called "Proletariat”, "Bourgeoisie" and the like.
At least there's a somewhat clear and real economic distinction that can be made with classic marxism.

CRT and Social Justice seem to base everything in race and gender theories. Which somehow makes ALL white men (the super rich, the dirt poor and even criminally unjustly treated white men) the MAIN problem. While at the same time mudding and redefining... on the fly... what "race" and gender are.

it's very weird , even in classical marxism there was a traditional ANTI racist component. where it was taught that ALL the lower classes are "brothers and sisters". There was the idea that "Race" was a tool of the upper classes used to keep “the workers/people” down. that's one reason why African Asian Euro and South American Communist could work together against upper classes. unite for the revolution. It's one aspects that some western leaders feared. Because during the early 20th century it WAS one of the most powerful ideologies that allowed people to quickly reframe race relations. And it WAS a problem for "the establishment" who HAD used race to divide the work force and people for easier economic and political control of the lower classes.

But seems to me that CRT and Social Justice are barely even based in reality.
Seems they simply scoop off a few real negative historical facts and then paint a bizarro picture of the world that they want everyone else to live in.

Everyone really needs to take a closer look before drinking the CRT and "Social Justice" kool-aid.
Why is it that we don't spend more time highlighting the incredible things that black folks have done, and are doing at this time?

We hear people screaming that because of racism blacks don't have a chance, but the fact is, they have excelled in all facets of life. I would have thought that Ben Carson would have been the poster child for all blacks to see what someone from the projects was able to accomplish. But instead blacks and Democrats ran him through the wringer, and treated him like he was some horrible person. I always watch Charles Payne on Fox business, he had a childhood similar to Carson, he wanted to work on Wall Street but everyone told him he couldn't cause he was black, I have a feeling that millions of black kids are told that same crap every day. Am I wrong? If a kid, any kid, is told from birth that he has the deck stacked against him, he will struggle through life if he believes it. Kids tend to follow in the footsteps of the role models they are around, Good, and Bad.
__________________
“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”
- William F. Buckley
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Man For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2021, 04:11 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,296
Thanks: 12,131
Thanked 8,559 Times in 5,554 Posts
Default Re: NFL pledges to halt 'race-norming,' review Black claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMan
Why is it that we don't spend more time highlighting the incredible things that black folks have done, and are doing at this time?

We hear people screaming that because of racism blacks don't have a chance, but the fact is, they have excelled in all facets of life. I would have thought that Ben Carson would have been the poster child for all blacks to see what someone from the projects was able to accomplish. But instead blacks and Democrats ran him through the wringer, and treated him like he was some horrible person. I always watch Charles Payne on Fox business, he had a childhood similar to Carson, he wanted to work on Wall Street but everyone told him he couldn't cause he was black, I have a feeling that millions of black kids are told that same crap every day. Am I wrong? If a kid, any kid, is told from birth that he has the deck stacked against him, he will struggle through life if he believes it. Kids tend to follow in the footsteps of the role models they are around, Good, and Bad.
IMO that's part of the complex issue/history of "race" in America.

It'd be great if a solution was as simple as just promoting accomplishments of blacks that have achieved despite multiple issues holding them black.
Or if the solution was simply pointing out and fixing real racist obstacles.
Or never mentioning racism as a problem.

Let me ask this question,
Should people point out the fact that Critical Race Theory presents white males as
born oppressors and to blame for nearly all the problems in the world?
Should white men and everyone else try to correct these lies, promote reality and a non-racist mindset overall?
I think so.
So does doing that mean that people never talk about Bach or Beethoven or Tesla and people forget to strive to be like them? Since CRT is out there telling white boys they are wicked?

As far as Ben Carson goes,
Yes, Ok there are guys like him out there and they are role models, for black kids and everyone else as well.
But IMO it's like this.
is it easier to grow seeds in a rock pile in a cave on fire or in a place where the soil is rich and there's water and sun.
Saying that Ben Carson Made it and not addressing the fact that as a nation it'd be better if fewer people needed to try to overcome all the things he did to make it.
How many guys and gals living in the same place he did had the potential to be Dr's, lawyers, biz people, etc but one or more BS obstacle stopped them cold.

Put another way. If 100 other people, of any race, were picked at random and put in Ben Carson shoe's as a kid, how many would have become brain surgeons?

Working to deal with the various obstacles… overall… is a legit activity.
Promoting overcoming despite any and ALL obstacles is necessary no matter who you are.
Life is... well... a female dog... sometimes, no matter who you are.


Having said that.
Here's another aspect of the idea of promoting guys like Carson. which as i said is great. When i was a kid there was no Ben Carson, but there were other Black Doctors and scientist that ...civil rights leaders and black educators pointed out to us. But this was an EXTRA side education that i got from the black community. It was NOT generally taught in my newly integrated public school. (BTW I was in a segregated public school school until the 4th grade) .
People like Ben Carson were not part of the educational curriculum. They weren't part of the mass media as well. Heck, films and TV with Black Actors in them were rare much less blacks as heroes, Drs, lawyers etc...
(Some folks still don't even LIKE seeing blacks as leads in films and TV, though that's changed somewhat recently.
But for example a film like "Hidden Figures" which showed the accomplishments of 3 black women in the space program in the 1960's. GREAT FILM IMO. but some whites were upset with the film, I saw I post by some white guy who seemed to think that film was trying to say that ONLY those women got the space program off the ground. So it was a bad racist film.
So sometime promoting black accomplishments makes some white guys mad. damned if we do, damned if we don't)


But i get your point it seems like guy's like Carson are attacked by the the traditional left democrat black political types and it's true. ... to a point..
the part that does NOT get shown on TV is that black educators and community leaders DO promote guys like Carson to students as role models to aspire too …VOCATIONALLY. While they will also try to dismiss him POLITICALLY.

For many it's kind of like having a brother that’s become a star of an NFL Football team but then joins a religious cult. The family will still be proud of him and encourage younger family to follow his hard work and skills as a model for success, but still condemn his cult teaching.

I use the Cult analogy on purpose, since for too many on the Left (and Right) their political affiliations are their real religion.

Some might say, they've never heard any left leaning black leaders or educators praise Ben Carson in any form. Trust me, there are Children books given away in schools, and movies played about his life to black children. But that's not the type of thing that makes for fiery News reports on FOX or CNN.
Neither does all of the decades of work by left leaning leaders and unsung local groups and churches to deal with so-called "black on black" crime, and drug use (to various effects).
News, focuses mainly on CONFLICT, not on solutions or those doing boring work to solve problems. So if we're not really looking at the issues beyond the news reports it's easy to miss parts of the picture.

Bottom line Black kids (until CRT) are not being taught that we're ONLY victims that have no hope of "making it" in a "white man's world". That's kind of a joke tossed around in the black community. We KNOW and teach kids that we have a opportunity to "make it" in this country... our country. Have done so since 1776. But we're not going to lie to kids and say that there ARE NOT obstacles ...including race... to deal with from time to time. Just as a successful Woman should not pretend that their daughter's won't have to deal with some pervert/creeps in the work place. Could there be more talk of one kind than the other promoted... publicly, I guess that's is a debatable issue but...

anyways DM... i can ramble on... but the landscape isn't as "Black and White" as the politicians, activist, pundants and media lie to make it.
__________________
.
"It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties.
The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents."

..James Madison
.
"Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God."
..1 Peter 2:16

Last edited by mr wonder; 06-21-2021 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, claims, halt, nfl, pledges, racenorming, review

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0