Political Wrinkles

Political Wrinkles (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/)
-   Civil Rights & Abortion (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/civil-rights-abortion/)
-   -   Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,000, (http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/civil-rights-abortion/59814-black-man-enslaved-white-restaurant-manager-should-awarded-more-than-500-000-a.html)

jimbo 05-07-2021 07:20 AM

Re: Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1003707)
your salaried employees don't work 100 hours per week without pay for five years and live in a roach infested room you put them in.
Race is in the story because we have a history of enslaving Black people as recently as the 70s in this country. To work on farms and in kitchens in places like Georgia nd SC and Alabama, Florida, and even in more northern states when the farms were off the beaten path. Mabey only because it's easier to get away with if they are Black, it's still a race thing yes. But it is also a crime against a mentally challenged person. The guy who did it is scum we all agree, and I hope that man he hurt gets some of that money. In clothes and games or whatever and never has to work again unless he wants to.
I still can't help but wonder where his family went.

We should be past "in the "70's"

Race is in this story because that's all the left has to work with.

GetAClue 05-07-2021 07:35 AM

Re: Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1003707)
your salaried employees don't work 100 hours per week without pay for five years and live in a roach infested room you put them in.
Race is in the story because we have a history of enslaving Black people as recently as the 70s in this country. To work on farms and in kitchens in places like Georgia nd SC and Alabama, Florida, and even in more northern states when the farms were off the beaten path. Mabey only because it's easier to get away with if they are Black, it's still a race thing yes. But it is also a crime against a mentally challenged person. The guy who did it is scum we all agree, and I hope that man he hurt gets some of that money. In clothes and games or whatever and never has to work again unless he wants to.
I still can't help but wonder where his family went.

One of the major reasons that race relations in this country are in such despair is because of stories like this where race injected into the story for no reason but to stir up emotions among those not smart enough to see through the smoke screen. I see it worked on you.

saltwn 05-07-2021 03:01 PM

Re: Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo (Post 1003708)
We should be past "in the "70's"

Race is in this story because that's all the left has to work with.

Yeah I don't get people trying to erase the recent past when proof is brought out that something existed a short time ago and only doesn't now because we haven'[t found all the scum bags yet and cell phones are helping to shed light.
Just look at the many cell phone recordings of Black getting pulled over, arrested or beaten w/o having provoked anyone. Tim Scott the Senator from SC has said himself he has been pulled over for driving a new expensive car.
So yeah respect the people who were alive and remembering know it still goes on where bad people can get away with it, and racist people will ignore it.

GetAClue 05-07-2021 03:59 PM

Re: Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1003740)
Yeah I don't get people trying to erase the recent past when proof is brought out that something existed a short time ago and only doesn't now because we haven'[t found all the scum bags yet and cell phones are helping to shed light.
Just look at the many cell phone recordings of Black getting pulled over, arrested or beaten w/o having provoked anyone. Tim Scott the Senator from SC has said himself he has been pulled over for driving a new expensive car.
So yeah respect the people who were alive and remembering know it still goes on where bad people can get away with it, and racist people will ignore it.

If you are not willing to discuss the topic of the thread, start a different one. This is NOT about blacks being pulled over by the police. This is about the use of race in a headline for an article that basically had nothing to do with race.

Dog Man 05-07-2021 04:05 PM

Re: Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1003707)
your salaried employees don't work 100 hours per week without pay for five years and live in a roach infested room you put them in.
Race is in the story because we have a history of enslaving Black people as recently as the 70s in this country. To work on farms and in kitchens in places like Georgia nd SC and Alabama, Florida, and even in more northern states when the farms were off the beaten path. Mabey only because it's easier to get away with if they are Black, it's still a race thing yes. But it is also a crime against a mentally challenged person. The guy who did it is scum we all agree, and I hope that man he hurt gets some of that money. In clothes and games or whatever and never has to work again unless he wants to.
I still can't help but wonder where his family went.

Race has NOTHING to do with it. He was able to get away with it because the guy was retarded, not because he was black.

jamesrage 05-08-2021 04:37 AM

Re: Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1003707)
your salaried employees don't work 100 hours per week without pay for five years and live in a roach infested room you put them in.
Race is in the story because we have a history of enslaving Black people as recently as the 70s in this country. To work on farms and in kitchens in places like Georgia nd SC and Alabama, Florida, and even in more northern states when the farms were off the beaten path. Mabey only because it's easier to get away with if they are Black, it's still a race thing yes. But it is also a crime against a mentally challenged person. The guy who did it is scum we all agree, and I hope that man he hurt gets some of that money. In clothes and games or whatever and never has to work again unless he wants to.
I still can't help but wonder where his family went.

Edwards took advantage of Smith because because Smith is a mentally disabled man. Edwards would have still done the same thing to Smith regardless of Smith's skin color. If Smith was not mentally disable then Edwards would have never forced Smith to work a 100 hours a week without pay, nor would he have forced him to live in a roach infested room. What allegedly happened 40 of 50 years ago has no bearing on this case. All you are doing is discounting the fact Edwards took advantage of a mentally disabled man in order to put in something that has nothing to do with the story.

pjohns 05-24-2021 02:30 PM

Re: Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saltwn (Post 1003463)
1) If you knew the deep South like I know the deep South, you would understand. Ignoring and overlooking because people are of a different station, class or even color still goes on. This case and the George Floyd case bring it to the light and no matter the marches and talking heads, maybe, just maybe things will start to change.

Yes, the George Floyd case took place in that Deep South state of...uh, what was that again...Minnesota...?

(This reminds me of an old All in the Family, in which Archie states his desire to move from New York to that "southern" state of Minnesota...

saltwn 05-24-2021 02:46 PM

Re: Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohns (Post 1004375)
Yes, the George Floyd case took place in that Deep South state of...uh, what was that again...Minnesota...?

(This reminds me of an old All in the Family, in which Archie states his desire to move from New York to that "southern" state of Minnesota...

yeah I was shocked too. Although there are some northern states that aren't too welcoming. So I guess it's a lot to fix, but we can God willing.

saltwn 05-24-2021 02:52 PM

Re: Black man enslaved by White restaurant manager should be awarded more than $500,0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZRWinger (Post 1003599)
An article with the headline starts with "Black man enslaved by White" can't be anything but race baiting. ...

It's clickbaiting. money talks and bs walks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0