Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss Baby Lives Matter at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by saltwn private employers have a right to fire anyone for any reason unless it affects civil rights. ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2020, 02:15 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,376 Times in 829 Posts
Default Re: Baby Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
private employers have a right to fire anyone for any reason unless it affects civil rights.
All lives matter is a civil right. Aren't all lives given the same civil rights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
all lives matter is to look away and not confront the problem.
What problem? The made up narrative that police (including black police) are willy-nilly killing black people?
Don't you think it odd that in 2019 9 unarmed black people were killed by police and every incident made headline news but 41 other unarmed people were killed by police and none made headline news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
all sex mattered but didn't give gays the right to marry. see?
That has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. But since you brought it up, no church (that I am aware of) and no Justice Of The Peace will perform a marriage ceremony for siblings, homosexual or heterosexual. Do you think that is wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2020, 02:34 PM
Manitou's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,805
Thanks: 636
Thanked 6,821 Times in 4,891 Posts
Default Re: Baby Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
all sex mattered but didn't give gays the right to marry. see?
Yes, people are scrambling to get married just so they can have sex.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manitou For This Useful Post:
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2020, 03:08 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,999
Thanks: 8,503
Thanked 6,008 Times in 3,451 Posts
Default Re: Baby Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
all sex mattered but didn't give gays the right to marry. see?
Really? I didn't know there were laws against people getting married if they are gay. Please provide a link that states that.

There are/were laws that said that a person could not marry a person of the same sex. After all, a marriage by definition, is a union between one man and one women. Therefore, as far as I know, if a gay man wants to marry a women, there is no law preventing that.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2020, 12:29 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,302
Thanks: 12,594
Thanked 4,540 Times in 2,911 Posts
Default Re: Baby Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
private employers have a right to fire anyone for any reason [including saying that all lives matter] unless it affects civil rights.
Legally, perhaps.

But ethically...well, it seems doubtful...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2020, 12:35 PM
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,302
Thanks: 12,594
Thanked 4,540 Times in 2,911 Posts
Default Re: Baby Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
maybe you disagree with them because you don't know what they are?
Well, according to Wikipedia, AOC's views include the following:

"She advocates a progressive platform that includes Medicare for All, a federal jobs guarantee, the Green New Deal, abolishing the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement."

I am trying very hard to find some part of that with which I might agree...
__________________
"In his second inaugural address, [Franklin D.] Roosevelt sought 'unimagined power' to enforce the 'proper subordination' of private power to public power. He got it…"—George Will, July 8, 2007
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2020, 03:56 PM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,886
Thanks: 1,056
Thanked 3,446 Times in 1,911 Posts
Default Re: Baby Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
look at the fvcking gas prices now.
$2.34 here, but it appears you missed the point. We are actually able to buy gas now, no around the block lines, no rationing, no signs reading "no gas today".

Quote:
look up carter accomplishments
Well aware of them, also aware of the fact that they are greatly outweighed by his failures.

Quote:
look at reagan exec orders getting rid of food safety in trade
Reagan signed over 380 executive orders over eight years, perhaps you could be more specific.

Quote:
look at his not hiring enough meet inspectors or epa then the resulting tinted meat and toxic air quality
What color was the "meet" "tinted"? Could you meet someone to buy green tinted meat for St. Patrick's day.

Quote:
you believe propaganda about aoc mostly because you disagree with her views. maybe you disagree with them because you don't know what they are?
I am fully cognizant of AOC's policy views, I disagree with them because they are unbelievably stupid. That fact that she seriously defends these policy views and that they weren't put forward as some sort of joke or parody shines a very disturbing light on her intelligence.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lurch907 For This Useful Post:
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 07-21-2020, 09:07 PM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 18,415
Thanks: 11,798
Thanked 12,661 Times in 7,430 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: Baby Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
and how does trump figure in personal economies? he is for those who live on dividends but not much for the struggling workers. young couples can't even afford a home with any normalcy like everybody in the household not taking every hour they can get and getting screwed out if overtime.
Before the onset of the Chinese virus we the best wage growth for lower income people in 30 years. Minority unemployment was at its lowest level ever. That's how Trump's policies impacted personal economies.

Trump graciously invited Romney to meet with him during the transition. When a job offer wasn't forthcoming Romney acted as a spoiled child.
__________________
What is a 30 something year old single man with a rock in one hand and a Honduran flag in the other?

An asylum seeker.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2020, 12:30 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,088
Thanks: 6,529
Thanked 6,577 Times in 4,469 Posts
Default Re: Baby Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
Before the onset of the Chinese virus we the best wage growth for lower income people in 30 years. Minority unemployment was at its lowest level ever. That's how Trump's policies impacted personal economies.



Trump graciously invited Romney to meet with him during the transition. When a job offer wasn't forthcoming Romney acted as a spoiled child.
I think Trump knew that if he hired Romney, Romney would undermine him at every step.

Why is it that Salty and left are unable to see how much better the poor and low income were doing under Trump before the virus?
__________________
Appeasement, is feeding the crocodiles, hoping they will eat you last.
Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 07-29-2020, 07:51 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 82,648
Thanks: 55,892
Thanked 26,430 Times in 18,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: Baby Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
All lives matter is a civil right. Aren't all lives given the same civil rights?
no, unfortunately you have to take your rights if you want them.
Quote:
What problem? The made up narrative that police (including black police) are willy-nilly killing black people?
Don't you think it odd that in 2019 9 unarmed black people were killed by police and every incident made headline news but 41 other unarmed people were killed by police and none made headline news?
I have seen discrimination by cops in person, in reality, and yes it happens more frequently nowadays. In fact if you are poor without someone of substance to vouch for you, if you are a woman or women alone, or a minority some police forces treat you differently. And that is getting out of hand and needs to stop. I am in favor of retraining. or adding de escalation techniques and companion professionals (when needed).
now if you are called to a scene where some s o b is shooting up the neighborhood's people, you may need to use force forcefully but not in very situation. I think drugs and the war on drugs causes a lot of stress on cops. that needs to be looked at seriously.
Quote:
That has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. But since you brought it up, no church (that I am aware of) and no Justice Of The Peace will perform a marriage ceremony for siblings, homosexual or heterosexual. Do you think that is wrong?
yet they do marry gays. that was because gays fought for their rights like blacks and whites were forbid to marry and now they can.

boils down to cops r generally scared of black people. and the black cops want to hold the blue line. both these things need to be changed. we need everyone cop to wear a body cam and departments to keep open stats on force use.
__________________
[Donald J. Trump]Cant remember heads of state and foreign contacts but remembers the madam of a child sex ring
~heard in passing

"Any government that does not exist to promote justice is just a bunch of thieves."
~St. Augustine
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
baby, lives, matter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0