Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives? at the Political Forums; You Tube You Tube I know that this is not a popular position to take (especially with liberals), but how ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2020, 02:05 PM
Michellez's Avatar
Intern
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Gender: Female
Posts: 10
Thanks: 4
Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Default Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?


I know that this is not a popular position to take (especially with liberals), but how about people treat everyone with dignity and respect?

I am not a civil rights expert, but it seems to me that one of the best to eliminate racism is to stop referring to based on their race.

It feels like there are people who need racism to exist so that they will have something to be angry about and an excuse to stir up various groups of people.

Last edited by cnredd; 06-15-2020 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: Fixed YouTube code
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michellez For This Useful Post:
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2020, 02:23 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,756
Thanks: 9,636
Thanked 6,943 Times in 3,975 Posts
Default Re: Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?

From the coverage of the protesting that I have been seeing lately, the only Black Lives that really matter are those that are taken by a White Law Enforcement Officer. When many black lives are lost on the streets of Chicago on a weekly basis, none of these protesters lift a finger to protest them.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2020, 04:30 PM
Bat Bat is offline
Hinged
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,020
Thanks: 86
Thanked 1,378 Times in 831 Posts
Default Re: Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
From the coverage of the protesting that I have been seeing lately, the only Black Lives that really matter are those that are taken by a White Law Enforcement Officer. When many black lives are lost on the streets of Chicago on a weekly basis, none of these protesters lift a finger to protest them.
Not just Chicago.
Baltimore, Philadelphia, Detroit, St Louis, Oakland, Atlanta, New Orleans.
BLM is doing nothing to address the black on black murders/crime in those cities.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2020, 07:43 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,756
Thanks: 9,636
Thanked 6,943 Times in 3,975 Posts
Default Re: Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
Not just Chicago.
Baltimore, Philadelphia, Detroit, St Louis, Oakland, Atlanta, New Orleans.
BLM is doing nothing to address the black on black murders/crime in those cities.
Of course they don't as it doesn't fit their narrative. BLM is a political organization more than anything else. They are there to prop up the far left wing of the Democratic party and act as a puppet for George Soros. It is a shame that so many people are falling for their propaganda.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2020, 10:14 PM
Jeerleader's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upper Bucks County, PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,425
Thanks: 1,259
Thanked 2,031 Times in 931 Posts
Default Re: Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellez View Post
I know that this is not a popular position to take (especially with liberals), but how about people treat everyone with dignity and respect?
People must respect themselves before they can respect others.

Which speaks directly to your question, "Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?"

The answer is, NO! They only care about certain Black deaths; only those that can be capitalized on to gain or maintain certain political advantage. That political advantage is not employed to become "equal" or to bring Blacks more into the fold of the American experience; it is intended to cause upheaval and destruction.

That the political movement is Marxist means that individuals and their lives simply can't matter. I look at the incredible attention (and outrage) being nurtured over Floyd, it seems so out of sync with the incredible numbers of Blacks murdered at the hand of Blacks, (especially young Black men) which doesn't move the needle on the care scale.

The regular US citizen has no real understanding of the scale of death in the African American community in America, the numbers can't really be comprehended. How one death, unquestionably horrific and criminal, can so grab the national attention -- when ten thousand others all flow into a river of blood -- is a wonder of marketing and group-think.

Ponder this and ask yourselves if Black Lives Matter:

If the entire nation was murdered at the same rate as Black males aged 15-29, there would have been over 250,000 murders in 2017, nearly 14 times the actual total.

Another way of visualizing just how disproportionate the Black on Black homicide rate is: There is a way to realize a 94% reduction in the homicide rate of Black males aged 15-29 . . . That would be for them to equalize with the homicide rate of White males aged 15-29. If that were to happen there would have been 279 instead of 4,578 young Black men murdered in 2017, a 94% reduction.

For all the fury and disgusting temper-tantrums, it's clear that Black Lives Do Not Matter, to the people who are claiming they do . . .

.
__________________
You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeerleader For This Useful Post:
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2020, 01:38 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,716
Thanks: 7,377
Thanked 7,101 Times in 4,789 Posts
Default Re: Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...d-colonialism/

Here is the UN calling for America to give blacks reparations.

Maybe the UN should go to Africa and do something to stop "Actual" slavery.

over 40 million people in Africa are currently enslaved, why do all the bleeding hearts not care about them?
__________________
"The freedom of speech is, in sum, our foremost protection against tyranny. Without it, a tyrant can work his will without any fear of his opponents uttering even one cross word."
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2020, 01:42 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,716
Thanks: 7,377
Thanked 7,101 Times in 4,789 Posts
Default Re: Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeerleader View Post
People must respect themselves before they can respect others.

Which speaks directly to your question, "Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?"

The answer is, NO! They only care about certain Black deaths; only those that can be capitalized on to gain or maintain certain political advantage. That political advantage is not employed to become "equal" or to bring Blacks more into the fold of the American experience; it is intended to cause upheaval and destruction.

That the political movement is Marxist means that individuals and their lives simply can't matter. I look at the incredible attention (and outrage) being nurtured over Floyd, it seems so out of sync with the incredible numbers of Blacks murdered at the hand of Blacks, (especially young Black men) which doesn't move the needle on the care scale.

The regular US citizen has no real understanding of the scale of death in the African American community in America, the numbers can't really be comprehended. How one death, unquestionably horrific and criminal, can so grab the national attention -- when ten thousand others all flow into a river of blood -- is a wonder of marketing and group-think.

Ponder this and ask yourselves if Black Lives Matter:

If the entire nation was murdered at the same rate as Black males aged 15-29, there would have been over 250,000 murders in 2017, nearly 14 times the actual total.

Another way of visualizing just how disproportionate the Black on Black homicide rate is: There is a way to realize a 94% reduction in the homicide rate of Black males aged 15-29 . . . That would be for them to equalize with the homicide rate of White males aged 15-29. If that were to happen there would have been 279 instead of 4,578 young Black men murdered in 2017, a 94% reduction.

For all the fury and disgusting temper-tantrums, it's clear that Black Lives Do Not Matter, to the people who are claiming they do . . .

.
Very true, According to BLM, only black lives taken by police matter. The vast majority of murdered blacks do not matter to anyone, from what I can gather.
__________________
"The freedom of speech is, in sum, our foremost protection against tyranny. Without it, a tyrant can work his will without any fear of his opponents uttering even one cross word."
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2020, 01:43 PM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,091
Thanks: 2,324
Thanked 37,008 Times in 20,959 Posts
Default Re: Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Man View Post
Very true, According to BLM, only black lives taken by police matter. The vast majority of murdered blacks do not matter to anyone, from what I can gather.
SLM....

Selective Lives Matter...
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2020, 01:46 PM
Dog Man's Avatar
Down Boy!
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southern Nevada
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,716
Thanks: 7,377
Thanked 7,101 Times in 4,789 Posts
Default Re: Does Black Lives Matter Actually Care About Black Lives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
From the coverage of the protesting that I have been seeing lately, the only Black Lives that really matter are those that are taken by a White Law Enforcement Officer. When many black lives are lost on the streets of Chicago on a weekly basis, none of these protesters lift a finger to protest them.
I have been saying the same thing, that is basically what they are say everyday. It has nothing to do with black lives in general.
__________________
"The freedom of speech is, in sum, our foremost protection against tyranny. Without it, a tyrant can work his will without any fear of his opponents uttering even one cross word."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
about, actually, black, care, does, lives, matter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0