Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by saltwn quit breathing that's what stupid promoters of abstinence are suggesting sex is a healthy bodily function. ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2019, 10:23 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,234
Thanks: 10,575
Thanked 6,642 Times in 4,513 Posts
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
quit breathing

that's what stupid promoters of abstinence are suggesting
sex is a healthy bodily function. turns out even a lotta priests don't even abstain. And guess what? Most people ain't priests. Suppression of sexual drive has probably given us more serial killers than we can count.
that's no reason not to use birth control but don't give us that abstinence bull shLt.

What kind of 1960s psycho babble BS is that?
the statement is wrong so many places I'll have to reply is several parts.

1st if you want to bring serial killers and psychology and neuroscience into it at least use up to date info.
...For example, serial killers have a 5 to 10% reduction in grey matter around the limbic system, the region where emotions are processed. This significant size difference is especially prominent in the amygdala, small glands that are directly linked to empathy and the regulation of fear. People with oversized amygdala tend to be super-altruists and those with smaller than average amygdala tend to be empathy-deficient.

Likewise the neural circuits connecting the limbic system with the frontal lobe are far less active in the brains of serial killers. The frontal lobe, especially the ventromedial prefrontal cortex, is involved in general planning, the inhibition of inappropriate behavior, and the regulation of higher emotions. Damage to or reduced activity in this region of the brain is linked to reduced empathy and increased impulsivity and violence.
In other words, the deficiencies commonly found in serial killer brains are, unsurprisingly, connected to behavioral results such as reduced empathy, over-confidence, increased violence, fearlessness, impulsivity, and so on—all of the traits we think of when we picture a serial killer in action. The belief that our brain structure determines our behavior peaked in the 80s and 90s...
At the same time, the fact that 68% of serial killers suffered some form of childhood abuse and that serial killers are a largely American phenomenon (according to the FBI, 67% of the world’s serial killers are from the United States), strongly support the “blank-slate” idea that there is, in fact, a learned/cultural aspect to serial killing....
Behavioral neurology has turned out to be far more complex than originally imagined. This complexity was highlighted by UC Irvine neuropsychology professor James Fallon. Like many of his colleagues, Dr. Fallon was a confirmed biological determinist…until his own research forced him to reconsider. Back in 2005, he was conducting a research project compiling and analyzing the brain scans of psychopathic serial killers. During the project, he developed the ability to eyeball the difference between psychopathic and non-psychopathic brains.

At the same time, for an unrelated project, Dr. Fallon was scanning the brains of his family members. As he was reviewing his family’s scans, he came across one that clearly belonged to a psychopath and he assumed someone in his lab was messing with him, sneaking a serial killer brain into his own family’s stack. Dr. Fallon was shocked to discover that, not only was there no prank, the brain scan he identified as belonging to a psychopath was actually a scan of his own brain...
Upon researching his background, Dr. Fallon discovered a long family history of killers, including Lizzie Borden. He also learned that he scored quite high on the psychopathy checklist. This revelation forced Dr. Fallon to reconsider his own beliefs about free will and the neurological origins of behavior. How could he be a respected professor with the brain of a serial killer? How could he be both a psychopath and beloved family man?

Over the last twenty years, our understanding of this complexity has led to new theories about neuroplasticity (and epigenetics), moving neuroscience beyond any simple nature/nurture dichotomy. We now know that, while some parts of the human brain are hard-wired from birth, others parts are highly mutable, triggering a boom of interest in ways to “hack” our brains through games, exercises, meditation, and even magnets.

Research into neuroplasticity suggests that the abnormal brain structures of serial killers are created through a complex combination of “born with it” and lived experience. One recent study examined how when serial killers dwell on dark fantasies, they build new neural networks which then further encode those obsessions. In other words, thinking about murder more deeply entrenches a killer’s obsession with that behavior...."
https://crimereads.com/are-serial-ki...made-monsters/
(---parenthetically I've seen a documentary about Dr. Fallon's story, he's convinced that the strong loving family he grew up in a child lead him to the positive path he's been able to walk.--)

But let's see, there's little ...well.... NOTHING about "sexual repression" mentioned in the general mix in the formation of serial killers Saltw.
The idea that abstinence or full celibacy creates mental problems which are later expressed negatively, is a 1960s BS propaganda meme used by those that wanted excuses to express "free love".

bottom line Abstinence and celibacy are not impossible or harmful... in fact the opposite in many cases.
By your definition Jesus was a sexually "repressed" latent serial killer.

maybe i'll just leave it at that.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8

Last edited by mr wonder; 07-07-2019 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr wonder For This Useful Post:
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2019, 07:21 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,776
Thanks: 6,992
Thanked 4,735 Times in 2,700 Posts
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
quit breathing

that's what stupid promoters of abstinence are suggesting
sex is a healthy bodily function. turns out even a lotta priests don't even abstain. And guess what? Most people ain't priests. Suppression of sexual drive has probably given us more serial killers than we can count.
that's no reason not to use birth control but don't give us that abstinence bull shLt.
Just because you and those in your inner circle are not able to control their sexual desires does not mean that others cannot. Perhaps you should seek help if you have a problem keeping your pants on.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2019, 03:52 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,421
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
Abby Johnson: Yes, I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life
Pro-Choice allows people to be Pro-Life.

Based upon the Constitution Americans should be both Pro-Life and Pro-Choice.

What they should never be is "Anti-Abortion" because that takes the power of the person away and gives it to the government. If the government has the power to prohibit abortion then the government also has the power to mandate abortion.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2019, 03:57 PM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,776
Thanks: 6,992
Thanked 4,735 Times in 2,700 Posts
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
What they should never be is "Anti-Abortion" because that takes the power of the person away and gives it to the government.
Abortion is the killing of another human being, thereby taking the rights of the victim away. That is precisely what the Constitution protects is individual rights.

Save your silly BS for someone else. I don't need a reply from someone as demented as you appear to be.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2019, 09:39 PM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,279
Thanks: 55,422
Thanked 26,263 Times in 18,790 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post

What kind of 1960s psycho babble BS is that?
the statement is wrong so many places I'll have to reply is several parts.

1st if you want to bring serial killers and psychology and neuroscience into it at least use up to date info.[INDENT]...For example, serial killers have a 5 to 10% reduction in grey matter around the limbic system, the region where emotions are processed. This significant size difference is especially prominent in the amygdala, small glands that are directly linked to empathy and the regulation of fear. People with oversized amygdala tend to be super-altruists and those with smaller than average amygdala tend to be empathy-deficient.
The brain changes as chemicals are released when different activities are repeated. That's been proven so what you say is theory at best.


Edward Geen was sexually repressed due to his weird mother telling him those girls were evil
John Wayne Gacy was a closeted homosexual as was that prolific German soldier serial killer (name escapes me)
Jeffery Dohmer may have been a repressed homosexual, not enough info but borders on that as fact.
The man DNA evidence claims as Jack the Ripper had a fission in his man parts that caused him consternation from birth, was operated on most likely w/o anesthesia on his man parts and treated in a hospital by darkly clad nurses who hurt him changing bandages.
And so many more we can name. The movie "Cary" was not pulled out of Stephan King's arse; he got the idea from real life parents who treat their future killer kids this way making them ashamed of their bodies to the point of neurosis.
...
Quote:
bottom line Abstinence and celibacy are not impossible or harmful... in fact the opposite in many cases.
By your definition Jesus was a sexually "repressed" latent serial killer.

maybe i'll just leave it at that.
There is not set in stone evidence Jesus was single. He was a healthy perfect human, therefore, he probably had a wife. Why we don't hear of her...possibly a pope's council or it just wasn't pertinent information.
Abstinence may not be impossible but it is improbable for healthy adults.
Like the old saying about nature when you see that the weeds are breaking through the sidewalk.
Life will.
__________________
@StephenKing
Sometimes I feel like screaming, "Everybody knows that Trump is as crooked as a broken nose and as dumb as a fencepost. Just quit sh*tting around and get him the f*ck out of there."
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2019, 09:57 PM
Jaaaman's Avatar
Outing liberal stupidity
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 596
Thanks: 1,645
Thanked 397 Times in 259 Posts
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
There is not set in stone evidence Jesus was single. He was a healthy perfect human, therefore, he probably had a wife. Why we don't hear of her...possibly a pope's council or it just wasn't pertinent information.
Why we don't hear of her is because she didn't exist. Period. Rome and the Pope had nothing to do with it. Did you get this crazy notion from that asinine movie "The Last Temptation of Christ"?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaaaman For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 12:52 AM
saltwn's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Esto perpetua
Posts: 81,279
Thanks: 55,422
Thanked 26,263 Times in 18,790 Posts
Send a message via AIM to saltwn Send a message via MSN to saltwn Send a message via Yahoo to saltwn
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaaman View Post
Why we don't hear of her is because she didn't exist. Period. Rome and the Pope had nothing to do with it. Did you get this crazy notion from that asinine movie "The Last Temptation of Christ"?
I never saw that movie; I think I was too young going by what I heard about it.
Why do you automatically go to your own history to project that on me? I've read a lot about the life of Christ including the Bible and scholars who tracked down that he was probably a Mediterranean Jew who was illiterate.
Which makes his activities seem much more spiritual. Take that with a grain of salt.
You have no proof Jesus was not married. None whatsoever. I said he might have been. And yes that's a possibility.
__________________
@StephenKing
Sometimes I feel like screaming, "Everybody knows that Trump is as crooked as a broken nose and as dumb as a fencepost. Just quit sh*tting around and get him the f*ck out of there."
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 11:34 AM
RightofCenterLeftofCrazy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Idaho
Gender: Male
Posts: 907
Thanks: 56
Thanked 718 Times in 414 Posts
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwn View Post
quit breathing

that's what stupid promoters of abstinence are suggesting
sex is a healthy bodily function. turns out even a lotta priests don't even abstain. And guess what? Most people ain't priests. Suppression of sexual drive has probably given us more serial killers than we can count.
that's no reason not to use birth control but don't give us that abstinence bull shLt.
This is a stupid comment... If I can do it, anyone can. And I'm not saying to abstain permanently. Yeah asking someone to abstain for life isn't realistic or healthy.

I'm saying to abstain until you are ready to deal with the possible consequences as a responsible adult. Instead of committing murder because your "not ready", or whatever. If you never ever want to have kids, well then go get your reproductive organs disabled if you have to. But quit murdering babies just because you can't keep it in your pants.

Note: When I say "you" I'm mean anyone in general who thinks murdering their baby for their convenience is a good idea, and not necessarily speaking of the person who's post I am replying to.

The idea that people CAN'T obtains is ridiculous. I did until I was 30 when I got married. That's 15 years after I hit puberty. I had plenty of opportunities and wanted to plenty. If I can do it, anyone can. Honestly, I would have liked to have gotten married and started a family sooner. But that wasn't in the cards for me. Do I expect everyone to do what I did? No. But I think people can avoid hooking up with random people and keep it in there pants until they are able to take responsibility for the possible results of the risk they are taking. Without murdering someone to make it go away.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zenock For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 12:07 PM
lurch907's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alaska, the greatest place on earth.
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,819
Thanks: 1,050
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,863 Posts
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
What they should never be is "Anti-Abortion" because that takes the power of the person away and gives it to the government. If the government has the power to prohibit abortion then the government also has the power to mandate abortion.
Wow, the stupidity of the above comment cannot be understated.
How about these:
- If the government has the power to prohibit rape then the government also has the power to mandate rape.
- If the government has the power to prohibit murder then the government also has the power to mandate murder.
- If the government has the power to prohibit texting while driving then the government also has the power to mandate texting while driving.

Should we just not allow gov't to prohibit anything?
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lurch907 For This Useful Post:
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2019, 01:36 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,421
Thanks: 1,492
Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,837 Posts
Default Re: I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
Abortion is the killing of another human being, thereby taking the rights of the victim away. That is precisely what the Constitution protects is individual rights.

Save your silly BS for someone else. I don't need a reply from someone as demented as you appear to be.
The Constitution protects the Rights of the Person and the "Person" is a human being after birth. Prior to birth there are no protections in the Constitution.

There's also a basic criteria where a Right does or does not exist.

A Natural Right is inherent in the Person, not dependent upon another person, it does not conflict with the Rights of another person, and it does not impose an involuntary obligation upon another person.

The fetus, based upon the definition of a person that has existed throughout recorded history, is not a person but even if personhood is established by a Constitutional amendment the "person" does not have a right to exist in a woman's body against her will. What the "person" would have is a protected right against "acts of aggression" being committed to remove the "person" from the woman's body. That can be accomplished by surgical delivery where the fetus is removed unharmed and intact from the woman's womb.

The "person" would then be on it's own when it comes to natural survival that can't be achieved prior to viability.

So whether you call it an abortion where an act of aggression does occur or a surgical delivery where an act of aggression doesn't occur the results would be the same up to about 24-25 weeks because the "fetus/person" is going to die either way.

Once again I'll point out that if the government is given the power to prohibit abortions it's also given the power to mandate abortions. Would you support mandatory abortions as a means of population control because that's the door that's opened when you grant government to power to dictate when an abortion can or can't occur.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
abortion, did, made, prolife, really, see, that, ultrasoundguided

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0