Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German cardin at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by foundit66 Some gay people molest children. I have no problem admitting that. Some straight people molest children ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2019, 08:03 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,190
Thanks: 812
Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Some gay people molest children. I have no problem admitting that. Some straight people molest children also.
But those aren't the cases HERE. What you just did is like we were talking about bad drivers in California; then instead of staying in the context of CA, you bring up drivers in NY. In THIS discussion, it's the RCC we're talking about which is mostly male-on-male sexual pederasty contact. And we know that gays have a much higher concentration in the priesthood than in other professions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
So what exactly do I supposedly "can't stand" people pointing out?
(let me guess... No answer?)
I was just pointing out your history of not being able to rationally see problems in the gay community. It's the same type of thing Christians do when it comes to Christians. You raising a separate issue (the cover-up aspect, which no one here disagrees with) is just a way for you to try to shift focus away from people possibly shedding a negative light on some gays. It's what you've always done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I repudiate the claim that studies show a link between homosexuality and child molestation, because studies do not show such a link.
ROTFLOL!!!
If you think you've repudiated anything here, you continue the same laughable and unrealistic view of your posts that you've always had. Just stating your opinion isn't the same as repudiation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
As I have said, the fact that child molestation occurs within the Catholic church IS NOT UNIQUE.
No one said it was. Nor does that prove you view that the "real problem" is just the cover-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I addressed the real reason why the Catholic church comes into such warranted scrutiny.
You've done nothing more than saying "the article says this/I say different". You disagree with the German cardinal what the problem is. Fine. That's really the bottom line of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Jerry Sandusky was inevitably was convicted of child rape. It became obvious that some people looked the other way. By your logic, we should assume that those people were inclined to molest children themselves???
Geez, are you only capable of thinking in total myopic terms???
When someone points something out that happens in a general sense, it doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. The Jerry Sandusky case wasn't a case of institutional history of abuse that the RCC was. In the same vein, NO ONE is arguing here that ALL the RCC hierarchy is complicit in the cover-up. It doesn't take THAT many for it to happen. Nevertheless, none of that refutes the reality of what numerous priests have said from the RCC--that many, many priests are gays. And ... surprise, surprise!! ... there's a big problem of pederasty with often teenagers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
But you want to assume that the Catholics in the hierarchy are gay, because that's convenient for you...
Um ... it doesn't have to be convenient. It's only logical that there would be gays in the hierarchy. Geez. Unless you want to prove they are ALL straight, you just don't seem to realize logic is not on your side here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
But again, that's an assumption. It is much more logical to recognize that they want to avoid the scandal from impacting their organization.
So? Such a factor could be at play with the RCC as well. None of that disproves what the article points out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
The RCC has repeatedly shown a willingness to openly state gays are not allowed.Why would they do that if the hierarchy itself was gay?
Because they know that gay relationships are not compatible with the Bible and orthodox Christian belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
This is hilariously specious logic.

By that approach, if the topic of gays bothers you (as it obviously does), then you are free not to post about it.
That is stupid. If you really thought that, then you should conclude that the fact I DO post about it means it DOESN'T bother me. I seem to be one of the few here that is willing to even talk about gay-related social issues on this site. You should be happy about that. I think the more crucial question you should be asking is to yourself: why you like to fixate on posters here so much rather than what is posted. Something that has been pointed out to you many times by numerous people ... on this board and many others.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???

Last edited by Joe Shoe; 01-09-2019 at 08:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Shoe For This Useful Post:
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2019, 11:18 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,560
Thanks: 10,090
Thanked 15,248 Times in 9,245 Posts
Default Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
But those aren't the cases HERE. What you just did is like we were talking about bad drivers in California; then instead of staying in the context of CA, you bring up drivers in NY. In THIS discussion, it's the RCC we're talking about which is mostly male-on-male sexual pederasty contact. And we know that gays have a much higher concentration in the priesthood than in other professions.
No. We do not "know" that. Nothing has been presented to document this claim.

Furthermore, the article tries to proclaim that there is a link from gays to pedophilia. YOU tried to argue that my reaction on this issue was motivated because I supposedly have a problem admitting something negative bad regarding gays.
I only provided "NY" to help demonstrate context, nothing more. But obviously that context bugs you even though you don't deny it...
You need to appreciate that when your article does the equivalent of BLAMING California for its drivers (i.e. saying it was a "gay linked" problem), then bringing up context to show how b.s. that accusation is has relevance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
I was just pointing out your history of not being able to rationally see problems in the gay community.
No, no, no, no...
Do NOT try to move the goal-posts.
You said: This is just you trying to shift focus to something else because you can't stand anyone pointing out something negative with anyone even remotely associated with the word "gay".
This indicates a CURRENT example you are trying to claim. Not "history".
But if you now admit this thread IS NOT an example of what you claim then that's progress. The fact that you resort to the nebulous and undocumented claim of "your history of not being able to rationally see problems in the gay community" is absolute b.s.
The real problem is you incessantly fixate on gays and try to blame them for everything. When I point out your irrational fixation, you lie and knee-jerk retort that it's me who refuses to admit negative things about gays.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
If you think you've repudiated anything here, you continue the same laughable and unrealistic view of your posts that you've always had. Just stating your opinion isn't the same as repudiation.
Did I say I did it here?
No.

Now Joe, can you address two simple questions?
1) Have I repudiated this claimed link between gays and pedophiles before?
The truthful answer is YES. I definitively have with studies.

2) What is your actual position regarding there being a unique link between homosexuality and pedophilia (that is not present or is not as present in as high of a quantity)?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
No one said it was.
Why do you pull this crap where you respond to me stating a fact with "No on said it was"? You demonstrate how absurdly argumentative you are when you do this.
If I said "1+1 does not equal 3", would you jump in and whine that nobody said it was?
Do you have any sort of concept that in regular conversation sometimes people state facts as a reminder for context and not because they believe somebody is contesting that point???


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
You've done nothing more than saying "the article says this/I say different". You disagree with the German cardinal what the problem is. Fine. That's really the bottom line of your post.

You mean I gave my opinion???

Please. By all means report me for that heinous act. It's a miracle I can sleep at night!


Yet again you show how absurdly argumentative you are by whining that I gave my opinion. Of course it's my opinion.
A rational approach would be for you to respond to the statement itself. Do you agree with my assessment? Do you disagree with my assessment? Why or why not?

This belligerent whining that I stated an opinion again proves how pointlesslyl argumentative your response is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
When someone points something out that happens in a general sense, it doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. The Jerry Sandusky case wasn't a case of institutional history of abuse that the RCC was.
That's really not relevant to the issue at hand.
I'm talking about the underlying reasons for why people don't report child molestation. You blindly assume it has to be because the priests are gay.
That's absurd. Nobody sees a "straight" child molestation and thinks "Oh. I'm straight so I won't report it!"

It's much more prevalent (and Sandusky is an example) for people to diminish the problem and desire not to throw dirt on the institution involved.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
In the same vein, NO ONE is arguing here that ALL the RCC hierarchy is complicit in the cover-up. It doesn't take THAT many for it to happen. Nevertheless, none of that refutes the reality of what numerous priests have said from the RCC--that many, many priests are gays. And ... surprise, surprise!! ... there's a big problem of pederasty with often teenagers.
As I pointed out, it's not a "big" problem.

This is an aspect I've pointed out to you before but it didn't penetrate your skull.
The RCC has a lower rate of child molestation than occurs in the general world.
But you claim they have a higher presence of gays.

Logic would dictate that if gays were truly a "cause" of the child molestation (as the cardinal claims) then a HIGHER presence of gays would result in a HIGHER rate of child molestation.
The very fact that the exact opposite happens should indicate something to people who are actually THINKING about the situation instead of mindlessly searching for reasons to bash gays...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Um ... it doesn't have to be convenient.
I didn't say it has to be convenient.
I said you are saying that because it's convenient.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
It's only logical that there would be gays in the hierarchy. Geez. Unless you want to prove they are ALL straight, you just don't seem to realize logic is not on your side here.
I'm not arguing that there are no gays in the hierarchy.
Why would you think I want to argue that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
So? Such a factor could be at play with the RCC as well. None of that disproves what the article points out.
So you've devolved from claiming something true to just admitting it's a "possibility".

And I'm disproving the article separately.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Because they know that gay relationships are not compatible with the Bible and orthodox Christian belief.
This is illogical.
So you ridiculously claim BOTH of the following:
a) RCC hierarchy pushes to kick ALL gays out.
b) RCC hierarchy protects child molesters because the hierarchy members are gay and want to protect themselves.

That's stupid!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
That is stupid.
It's an extension of your response.
I agree your logic is stupid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
If you really thought that...
No, no, no, no...
I DO NOT think that.

I am showing YOU what YOU would do if YOU applied YOUR advice to others to yourself.
You ask others to do something you yourself refuse to.

How could you not grasp I was pointing out the flaw in your response?
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 01-10-2019 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,190
Thanks: 812
Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
No. We do not "know" that. Nothing has been presented to document this claim.
Yes, we do. Frankly, if you don't know this, you're pretty out of touch.
"So how many gay priests actually exist? While there’s a glut of homoerotic writings from priests going back to the Middle Ages, obtaining an accurate count is tough. But most surveys (which, due to the sensitivity of the subject, admiittedly suffer from limited samples and other design issues) find between 15 percent and 50 percent of U.S. priests are gay, which is much greater than the 3.8 percent of people who identify as LGBTQ in the general population." https://slate.com/human-interest/201...y-gay-men.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Furthermore, the article tries to proclaim that there is a link from gays to pedophilia.
In the case of the RCC, Not in society in general. And it's important to also read it in the context of the article pointing out that it's really more specifically usually pederasty that's going on in the RCC. I can't help it if you read the article and saw the two words "gay" and "pedophile" in the same article together and couldn't handle it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Do NOT try to move the goal-posts.
You said: This is just you trying to shift focus to something else because you can't stand anyone pointing out something negative with anyone even remotely associated with the word "gay".
This indicates a CURRENT example you are trying to claim. Not "history".
But if you now admit this thread IS NOT an example of what you claim then that's progress. The fact that you resort to the nebulous and undocumented claim of "your history of not being able to rationally see problems in the gay community" is absolute b.s.
The real problem is you incessantly fixate on gays and try to blame them for everything. When I point out your irrational fixation, you lie and knee-jerk retort that it's me who refuses to admit negative things about gays.
There you go, still talking about posters rather than what is posted. You continue, as much as ever, to validate that criticism people make of you.

See, it's very easy to portray someone posting ANYTHING about gays as "fixated" when for the most part no one else ever talks about the subject here to begin with. I'm just about the ONLY person here who ever starts threads on gay-related issues. If that makes me "fixated" in peoples' eyes, so be it. If I were the only one ever creating threads on gun control or issues related to race, I'd be thought of as 'fixated' on THAT. So be it.

Meanwhile, yes, you DO have an issue in that you can't seem to handle reading or hearing something negative about gays. You've proven that with the course of you posting history. This is the one topic you always weigh in on no matter what, and always drag on as long as you can. One only needs to look at the history of the forum to see that. Now I'd be more than happy to not point something like that out, except that you hypocritically like to assert about me that I'm fixated on gays. Otherwise, I could care less what you post about. But as long as you pull that crap, I'll point out YOUR hypocrisy on it, by showing the other side that you engage in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Now Joe, can you address two simple questions?
1) Have I repudiated this claimed link between gays and pedophiles before?
The truthful answer is YES. I definitively have with studies.
You ask me a question then answer it yourself with wishful thinking? LOL!!! Things are still going over your head here in that NO ONE said this example of gays committing pederasty are examples of the overall claim that there's a link between gays and pedophilia. One can note what's happening here and not hold to that view. And I would say none of this IS related to that view. I think the RCC is a unique case, in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
2) What is your actual position regarding there being a unique link between homosexuality and pedophilia (that is not present or is not as present in as high of a quantity)?
I think I just answered that. I don't necessarily think there is a link (nor have I ever). Things happen in certain contexts. Again, the RCC is a unique situation--not in the cover-up (which again is like the "blue wall" but in the case of how abuse happens. Homsexuality as a trait does not CAUSE abuse. We're not talking about something innate here. Though as usual, you want to portray any discussion of such as just one that's out to beat up on gays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Why do you pull this crap where you respond to me stating a fact with "No on said it was"? You demonstrate how absurdly argumentative you are when you do this.
If I said "1+1 does not equal 3", would you jump in and whine that nobody said it was?
When "facts" you bring up don't really address things and are often either red herrings or strawmen, yes, people do jump in on that. Let's not pretend this is not a problem you are called on with regularity on this very forum by numerous posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post

You mean I gave my opinion???
Please. By all means report me for that heinous act. It's a miracle I can sleep at night!
The funny thing about your sarcastic tirade is that, for ONCE, you actually admit your arguments really amount to nothing more than your opinion. You may be making a little progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
That's really not relevant to the issue at hand.
I'm talking about the underlying reasons for why people don't report child molestation.
Yeah well, I'm not. If you want to deal with what the ARTICLE says, go ahead. Otherwise I'm not interested in rabbit chases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
You blindly assume it has to be because the priests are gay.
As to why they don't report it???
No, no, no.
You once again are missing the point.
I am NOT SAYING it's because of their sexual orientation. Or the fact their are innately gay. As in GAY = Covering things up. (Sigh)
I'm simply saying it only makes sense that people would go out of their way to defend or help those with similar problems and urges they themselves have. So of COURSE there was a cover-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Logic would dictate that if gays were truly a "cause" of the child molestation (as the cardinal claims) then a HIGHER presence of gays would result in a HIGHER rate of child molestation.
No, you're trying to argue an issue of RATE of abuse rather than the issue of the existence of abuse, which are separate issues. No one here is arguing there are higher rates from gay priests. The rates could be LOWER and it still wouldn't disprove what the article is pointing out. The context of the article is abuse IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I'm not arguing that there are no gays in the hierarchy. Why would you think I want to argue that?
Then why ARE you arguing about it by saying things like "But you want to assume that the Catholics in the hierarchy are gay"? Geez, find some consistency, F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
So you've devolved from claiming something true to just admitting it's a "possibility".
"Possibility"?? LOL!!! I thought society was supposed to buy into the notion that gays were everywhere and like 5-10% or something like that (if you listen gay pride groups, anyway). I think you're going to be hardpressed to argue there aren't gays in the RCC heirarchy, Foundit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
This is illogical.
So you ridiculously claim BOTH of the following:
a) RCC hierarchy pushes to kick ALL gays out.
b) RCC hierarchy protects child molesters because the hierarchy members are gay and want to protect themselves.
Dude ...
For once, try thinking about this stuff in CONTEXT for once instead of just blindly trying to grab at what you immediately think are logical inconsistencies. The RCC tries to push gays that are OPENLY GAY out. That's wholly separate from the issue of there being a lot of gays in the RCC priesthood/hierarchy. You seem to be arguing from an implication that the RCC heirarchy got together and plotted out they would protect gay priests. I'm not arguing that scenario--I'm pointing that it only makes sense members of the heirarchy would WANT to (even if still not admitting being gay) protect gay priests since no doubt a good number of THEY are gay as well. It's a tribal mentality.
My gawd ....
You've tried every rabbit chase you could come up with. You've tried to argue about gays causing pedophilia in general, GAY = covering-things-up, etc. When NO ONE has argued those things here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
No, no, no, no...
I DO NOT think that.

I am showing YOU what YOU would do if YOU applied YOUR advice to others to yourself.
You ask others to do something you yourself refuse to.
And as if often the case, you completely igonored they key parts of the point I made. Again .... by what you're saying, then you should conclude that the fact I DO post about it means it DOESN'T bother me. I seem to be one of the few here that is willing to even talk about gay-related social issues on this site. You should be happy about that. I think the more crucial question you should be asking is to yourself: why you like to fixate on posters here so much rather than what is posted. Something that has been pointed out to you many times by numerous people ... on this board and many others.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???

Last edited by Joe Shoe; 01-10-2019 at 07:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,523
Thanks: 3,401
Thanked 3,049 Times in 1,515 Posts
Default Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

No evidence has been presented proving a link between homosexuality and pedophilia. Just because a Cardinal made this undocumented and unproven claim doesn't make it so. The problem is that the Catholic Church covered up the sexual abuse in its ranks, not that homosexuals in general have a tendency toward pedophilia.
__________________
If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again.

Fact: There is no such thing as banning abortion; there is only banning safe and legal abortion.

How can you tell that someone is a vegan? Because they will f*cking tell you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lumara For This Useful Post:
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,190
Thanks: 812
Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
Perhaps the Catholic Church's asinine insistence on celibacy for priests is the root cause of sexual abuse by those priests.
Actually, I think there's some merit to that view. I suspect the article is right in that a lot of these cases aren't abuse of children, but young adults or teenagers. It's just that the law lumps all minors into the same category, whether 7 or 17. That doesn't make these aren't abuse cases, of course.
My view is it's best to allow priests to get married. But I don't think the RCC should have to rescind its internal prohibition on openly gay men to be priests, either. Just as a church shouldn't be forced to hire a pastor that goes against their religious beliefs in practices in OTHER ways as well.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:11 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,070
Thanks: 9,759
Thanked 5,994 Times in 4,057 Posts
Default Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

i don't have time, at this point for, detailed rebuttals and Joe has made many good points here that reflex my view.
but i will point out that it's wasn't just Milo (or the cardinal) pointing out this aspect of SOME homosexuals.
Milo was also QUOTING other influential homosexuals . and the article references history... ancient and recent.
Quote:
... [I]Milo drew attention to the fact that many older gay men are involved with much younger gay men (commonly called “boys,” according to Milo), a practice defended in 2013 by the influential gay journalist Michelangelo Signorile, who noted that, “Historically, gay men have engaged in intergenerational sexual encounters, brief romances and long-term relationships — among consenting adults — probably much more than straight people have.
And although Milo alleges that these aforementioned “boys” are all of the age of consent, it is no secret that gay activists have often been at the forefront of pushing for the lowering of the age of consent. (For a 2010 example from England, see here.) It is also no secret that gay literature through the centuries has celebrated the “love” of grown men and boys, and in these cases, there is no doubt that they were minors rather than young men.
...Many of the illustrious homosexuals of the past were actually pedophiles...
... Every gay man who has ever commented to me about pedophilia seemed as repulsed as I was to the thought of an adult sexually abusing a child, and I’m absolutely not equating homosexuality with pedophilia.
But I am saying that, whereas most heterosexual teens who lose their virginity do so with their peers (schoolmates and the like, perhaps just a few years older than them), there is a disproportionate amount of intergenerational sex among homosexuals, often involving older men and boys (by which I do mean boys).
In the aftermath of the arrest of child abuser Jerry Sandusky, I noted that the acclaimed gay journalist Randy Shilts stated that “at age 11, [gay icon Harvey] Milk began attending performances of the New York Metropolitan Opera where he met with ‘wandering hands’ and soon was engaged in ‘brief trysts [with grown men] after the performances.’ While still in junior high, he ‘dove headfirst into the newly discovered subculture,’ and by the age of 14, Milk was ‘leading an active homosexual life.’”
This led to the obvious question: Were the men who were sexually involved with Harvey Milk much better than Jerry Sandusky? And can an 11-year-old give truly informed consent to such acts?
Shilts also wrote that as Milk grew older, the pattern reversed itself to the point that, at age 33, he hooked up with a 16-year-old named Jack McKinley, one of a number of younger men with whom he was intimate. How common was Milk’s experience among gay men?
I suggest that Milo has provided a window into a disturbing aspect of gay culture, one in which gay men do not abduct children and abuse them but one in which they do engage in sexual and romantic relationships with minors – unless we are actually to believe that when gay men speak about having sex with “boys,” they mean, “but only those who are consenting adults!”

I think not.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:59 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,560
Thanks: 10,090
Thanked 15,248 Times in 9,245 Posts
Post Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
i don't have time, at this point for, detailed rebuttals and Joe has made many good points here that reflex my view.
but i will point out that it's wasn't just Milo (or the cardinal) pointing out this aspect of SOME homosexuals.
Milo was also QUOTING other influential homosexuals . and the article references history... ancient and recent.
I've rebutted Joe's claims.

Milo's statements were weak across the board and obviously biased to his interest in promoting pedophilia. I am amused at how much credibility you place on people who push pedophilia.


Ignoring that aspect, many of Milo's statements are pretty meaningless.
The first one you quote stated: "Milo alleges that these aforementioned “boys” are all of the age of consent..."
So ultimately disproving the attempted connection...

Too many of the comments are absolutely lacking in any quantification. Claiming "many" means nothing conclusive. Does "many" mean they think 5% is "many"? 10%? Do they claim "many" because they can name a few?
There is no quantification.
This is not "referencing" history. This is essentially using the term "history" in the claim. If I say "throughout biblical history, older men married girls", that doesn't validate the statement.

Talking about Harvey Milk's history is anecdotal and meaningless. Just because somebody engaged in sex with men at 11 does not mean anything regarding how wide-spread the practice is.


There have been multiple studies (which I believe I have presented specifically to you in the past) demonstrating STATISTICALLY that gays are no more linked to child molestation than straights. Some people are child molesters. Being gay or straight makes you no more likely to be a child molester.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:35 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,560
Thanks: 10,090
Thanked 15,248 Times in 9,245 Posts
Default Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Yes, we do. Frankly, if you don't know this, you're pretty out of touch.
"So how many gay priests actually exist? While there’s a glut of homoerotic writings from priests going back to the Middle Ages, obtaining an accurate count is tough. But most surveys (which, due to the sensitivity of the subject, admiittedly suffer from limited samples and other design issues) find between 15 percent and 50 percent of U.S. priests are gay, which is much greater than the 3.8 percent of people who identify as LGBTQ in the general population." https://slate.com/human-interest/201...y-gay-men.html
You highlighted the wrong words.
The fact that they are limited sample size demonstrates means no conclusion can be made. The very fact that they state "between 15 percent and 50 percent" should clue you in at how absolutely absurd these "polls" are.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
In the case of the RCC, Not in society in general.
I explicitly referenced your article.
Despite your lies, HERE is what YOUR ARTICLE said: "He said the real problem was homosexuality and claimed it is “statistically proven” that there is a link between homosexuality and abuse."
The cardinal was not referencing statistical proof for RCC child molestations.
There are no statistics for RCC child molestations and sexual orientation of the molester.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
There you go, still talking about posters rather than what is posted. You continue, as much as ever, to validate that criticism people make of you.
ROFLMAO!
Three points.
1) What did you just do? You talked about me. Which is exactly what you just whined I did.
2) I BOTH talk about people AND what is posted. If you think I didn't talk about what was posted, THEN EXPLICITLY STATE WHAT YOU SAID that I didn't address.
3) Not "people" Joe. YOU make that statement.
If you believe otherwise, explicitly state who supposedly is doing as you claim.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
See, it's very easy to portray someone posting ANYTHING about gays as "fixated" when for the most part no one else ever talks about the subject here to begin with.
Anybody can do a search on your posts and see that you post an awfully lot of material whining about gays.
This is not an "anybody could be said to be fixated" situation.
YOU SPECIFICALLY post a HIGH PERCENTAGE of threads and posts whining about gays.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Meanwhile, yes, you DO have an issue in that you can't seem to handle reading or hearing something negative about gays. You've proven that with the course of you posting history.
No, no, no...
You simply make a lot of b.s. accusations against gays, which I repudiate.

YOU LIED and claimed there was an example in this thread, but when pressed you lied again and claimed you were solely referencing history.
The only clear situation here is that you are floundering for some come-back to your obvious obsession over gays, and whining that others don't like hearing negative things about gays is the lame counter-accusation you threw out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
You ask me a question then answer it yourself with wishful thinking? LOL!!!
No, you liar.
I answered the question because I knew you lacked the honesty to answer it yourself.

I stated I had repudiated claims on the link between gays and pedophiles.
You complained that I hadn't done it in this thread.
I pointed out I never said I did it in this thread. I then asked you if you would admit I have, in the past, repudiated claims on the link between gays and pedophiles.

I knew you wouldn't answer, so I answered the question myself.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Things are still going over your head here in that NO ONE said this example of gays committing pederasty are examples of the overall claim that there's a link between gays and pedophilia.
Your article quotes the cardinal saying exactly that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
I think I just answered that.
No. You didn't.
Just because a person doesn't say something doesn't mean the person doesn't have that opinion on that thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
I don't necessarily think there is a link (nor have I ever). Things happen in certain contexts. Again, the RCC is a unique situation--not in the cover-up (which again is like the "blue wall" but in the case of how abuse happens. Homsexuality as a trait does not CAUSE abuse. We're not talking about something innate here. Though as usual, you want to portray any discussion of such as just one that's out to beat up on gays.
Again, the cardinal made that claim.
Jesus Joe. If you would just be honest about the situation we could get past this meaningless meandering b.s. you throw out there.

The RCC IS unique in the coverup of child molesters AND ESPECIALLY HOW THEY ARE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE. If you feel otherwise, then give a counter example.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
When "facts" you bring up don't really address things and are often either red herrings or strawmen, yes, people do jump in on that. Let's not pretend this is not a problem you are called on with regularity on this very forum by numerous posters.
Who?
Where?

You keep making claims of what other people are doing / saying about me, as you try to attack me for talking about you.
Do you realize how absurdly hypocritical you are being?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
The funny thing about your sarcastic tirade is that, for ONCE, you actually admit your arguments really amount to nothing more than your opinion.
Dear gawd joe.
I really thought that obvious that specific arguments I have made were my opinion and didn't think anybody needed for me to explicitly state that.
Silly me in under-estimating your capability...

Can you show me anywhere where I have refused to admit that an opinion I stated was actually my opinion?
No. Of course you can't.
But you go on and on talking about me while you ignore topical points.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Yeah well, I'm not. If you want to deal with what the ARTICLE says, go ahead. Otherwise I'm not interested in rabbit chases.
Here's a novel thought.
Next time you read something you don't have an interest in addressing, don't respond to it...

I know you know how to do that when it comes to topical points that are made...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
As to why they don't report it???
No, no, no.
You once again are missing the point.
I am NOT SAYING it's because of their sexual orientation. Or the fact their are innately gay. As in GAY = Covering things up. (Sigh)
Nobody is claiming you were.
Stop whining about things you are not saying that nobody is saying that you are saying...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
I'm simply saying it only makes sense that people would go out of their way to defend or help those with similar problems and urges they themselves have. So of COURSE there was a cover-up.
And as I have pointed out, Occam's razor demonstrates that it's much simpler than that. You cut and paste around my arguments and I repeat them.
The "blue wall" doesn't exist because ABUSIVE COPS get in power and want to protect ABUSIVE COPS.
It's because COPS in power want to protect COPS.

Likewise, PRIESTS are interested in protecting PRIESTS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
No, you're trying to argue an issue of RATE of abuse rather than the issue of the existence of abuse, which are separate issues. No one here is arguing there are higher rates from gay priests. The rates could be LOWER and it still wouldn't disprove what the article is pointing out. The context of the article is abuse IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.
The cardinal explicitly stated that homosexuality has a higher link to child molestation.
You keep trying to ignore the fact that he explicitly made that claim in trying to justify his assessment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Then why ARE you arguing about it by saying things like "But you want to assume that the Catholics in the hierarchy are gay"? Geez, find some consistency, F.
It would be really amazing if you would read the whole argument instead of picking one sentence out to fixate on.
The context around that statement made it clear why I was saying that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
"Possibility"?? LOL!!! I thought society was supposed to buy into the notion that gays were everywhere and like 5-10% or something like that (if you listen gay pride groups, anyway). I think you're going to be hardpressed to argue there aren't gays in the RCC heirarchy, Foundit.
Are you truly this dense?
I just got finished stating I am clearly not saying there are no gays in the hierarchy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
For once, try thinking about this stuff in CONTEXT for once instead of just blindly trying to grab at what you immediately think are logical inconsistencies. The RCC tries to push gays that are OPENLY GAY out.
In the RCC policy history, there have been a variety of iterations on their rules. Many iterations of those rules didn't care about "openly" anything.
The fact that the current Pope is more rational on the issue should not be used to hide the historical context.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:15 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,070
Thanks: 9,759
Thanked 5,994 Times in 4,057 Posts
Default Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
...
Milo's statements were weak across the board and obviously biased to his interest in promoting pedophilia. I am amused at how much credibility you place on people who push pedophilia.
Again, he's not the only one mentioned in the article fi66.

Plus, I'm not sure the fact that Milo (a homosexual) has promoted pedophilia make the Cardinal's, or the articles, point weaker.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,190
Thanks: 812
Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default Re: Homosexuality is to blame for sexual abuse, not Catholic church, claims German ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I've rebutted Joe's claims.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
abuse, blame, cardin, catholic, church, claims, for, german, homosexuality, not, sexual

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0