Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Joe Shoe The point though, is that you're making this argument with the fact they get these ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 283
Thanks: 108
Thanked 132 Times in 92 Posts
Default Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
The point though, is that you're making this argument with the fact they get these federal funds as a centerpiece of your argument, without any specifics whatsoever as to what they MEANS. To use your own Planned Parenthood analogy against you, it would be like someone complaining about all this money PP gets from the govt, while refusing to specify WHAT EXACTLY it is their talking about in terms of money they're getting.



What I'm REALLY trying to do is to get you to actually make a COGENT argument rather than pretending to make one ... But you're too scared to do that.

All that other stuff you posted will only become potentially relevant when you show HOW these agencies are getting all this federal monies, and how much. Without the data you need to make your argument, your argument is still incomplete.



So you're arguing purely in hypotheticals now? Pull the other one.



Such as? Examples? Give the evidence of your claims. Or are you going to abdicate that responsibility again here, as well?



Actually, the way you phrased all that shows you still don't get the real implications of that case. It was the fact the SCOTUS ruled against you all having a prejudice toward religion (even if in this example)--Putting the left on notice about bigotry toward religion is a far BETTER outcome than helping the baker, and one that is going to cause a lot of problems for the left since this is a major part of what drives their politics and tactics.

At any rate, I think this new move by the left to attack church-based adoption charities is a disaster on numerous fronts: you'll likely lose simply based on all the children you campaign is going to hurt, and the every time you've done this with a serious effort, it's usually been a PR disaster for the left that just make you all look like the narcissists that you are... Little Sister for the Poor, The baker, Chick-fil-A, etc.
Well you can't be criticized for lack of patience and attempting to get fi66 to engage in actual debate, as versus what he does in every thread I've participated with him in. When I say they are all the same, I mean they literally follow the same script every time, I'm not kidding. If you can find one, I mean a single one where he does not throw out the same as he says "tactics" as all the rest? Your luck is high and you should immediately go buy a lotto ticket! Example? He's unable to post without accusing everyone of using strawmen. But then I see from your earlier mention of déjà vu that this is not your first rodeo.
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2018, 11:28 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,386
Thanks: 10,022
Thanked 15,138 Times in 9,175 Posts
Post Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schochite View Post
Well you can't be criticized for lack of patience and attempting to get fi66 to engage in actual debate, as versus what he does in every thread I've participated with him in. When I say they are all the same, I mean they literally follow the same script every time, I'm not kidding. If you can find one, I mean a single one where he does not throw out the same as he says "tactics" as all the rest? Your luck is high and you should immediately go buy a lotto ticket! Example? He's unable to post without accusing everyone of using strawmen. But then I see from your earlier mention of déjà vu that this is not your first rodeo.
Once again you jump onto a thread and add nothing topical but proceed directly to personal comments...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2018, 02:38 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 283
Thanks: 108
Thanked 132 Times in 92 Posts
Default Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Once again you jump onto a thread and add nothing topical but proceed directly to personal comments...
"Once again" coming from you is thick irony. Fact of the matter is I'm not talking personally about you, I don't know fuq all about you aside from what you show us at PW. I'm talking about your sad and tired old troll "tactics" and lazy reliance on the same "tactics" in post after post and thread after thread. Just for chit and giggles, where am I wrong about this? How I am "lying" (another of your constant "tactics") or misrepresenting anything at all? You do realize all of us can look up and see the same thing occurring each time you post?
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:02 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,386
Thanks: 10,022
Thanked 15,138 Times in 9,175 Posts
Post Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schochite View Post
"Once again" coming from you is thick irony. Fact of the matter is I'm not talking personally about you, I don't know fuq all about you aside from what you show us at PW. I'm talking about your sad and tired old troll "tactics" and lazy reliance on the same "tactics" in post after post and thread after thread. Just for chit and giggles, where am I wrong about this? How I am "lying" (another of your constant "tactics") or misrepresenting anything at all? You do realize all of us can look up and see the same thing occurring each time you post?
Let me know when you're capable of discussing the actual topic instead of trying to make people your topic of discussion...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 283
Thanks: 108
Thanked 132 Times in 92 Posts
Default Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Let me know when you're capable of discussing the actual topic instead of trying to make people your topic of discussion...
Why? You suddenly going to develop the capacity to actually "debate" something? Somehow? Somewhere? Where? What is the URL of that fantasy realm? Do share!
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:13 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,386
Thanks: 10,022
Thanked 15,138 Times in 9,175 Posts
Post Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schochite View Post
Why? You suddenly going to develop the capacity to actually "debate" something? Somehow? Somewhere? Where? What is the URL of that fantasy realm? Do share!
I've been discussing the actual topic of this thread throughout this thread.

First two examples.
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/civ...tml#post936636
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/civ...tml#post939262
If you're interested in starting to try to discuss the topic, you could respond to one of the above.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:15 PM
Schochite's Avatar
Megalithic MMAniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southwestern United States
Gender: Male
Posts: 283
Thanks: 108
Thanked 132 Times in 92 Posts
Default Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I've been discussing the actual topic of this thread throughout this thread.

First two examples.
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/civ...tml#post936636
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/civ...tml#post939262
If you're interested in starting to try to discuss the topic, you could respond to one of the above.
Yeah that's what you have been doing here. Sure. Why not.
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 12:26 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,386
Thanks: 10,022
Thanked 15,138 Times in 9,175 Posts
Default Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schochite View Post
Yeah that's what you have been doing here. Sure. Why not.
[moderator mode]
Your fellow forum members are not the topic of this thread.
This is an official warning to stop making posts that are solely about making forum members your exclusive post topic.
[/moderator mode]
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 07-12-2018 at 03:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 07-14-2018, 09:31 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,153
Thanks: 805
Thanked 1,541 Times in 1,049 Posts
Default Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Yet again, you do not even try to argue it doesn't happen.
I've documented it IS happening.
But you haven't shown what all this supposed funding actually consists of. Again, for all we know it's much-ado-about-nothing. They fact you did a lazy Google search and found mentions of it out there doesn't show anything substantive. It does nothing to support any actual ARGUMENT or make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
As saltwn was saying, you need to comprehend it's not all about Christianity.
The pretense that people are out to get Christianity is a bizarre phobia. This country is made up of 75% Christian.
Christians created the laws that state a business can't discriminate based on sexual orientation.
Clearly, my point there went over your head because you're arguing about something irrelevant to anything I said. The point is, even by your own admission the case was about the state having a bias against religion in that case--that's the BASIS for the judgement. (As you so eagerly jumped on to try to and pretend the case wasn't a win for Christians.) Then you turn around and try to pretend the problem of the left being biased against Christians doesn't exist WHEN THE CASE ITSELF IS AN EXAMPLE OF BIAS AGAINST RELIGION.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Shoe For This Useful Post:
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2018, 01:28 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,386
Thanks: 10,022
Thanked 15,138 Times in 9,175 Posts
Post Re: Gay adoption fight looms after Supreme Court's cake ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
But you haven't shown what all this supposed funding actually consists of.
It does not matter.
If they are getting government funding and they want to discriminate in a way that violates the 14th amendment, then the funding gets revoked.
If you want to claim what it "consists of" matters, then you explain why it matters.
Instead, you're essentially demanding I do research to help further your priorities...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Clearly, my point there went over your head because you're arguing about something irrelevant to anything I said. The point is, even by your own admission the case was about the state having a bias against religion in that case--that's the BASIS for the judgement. (As you so eagerly jumped on to try to and pretend the case wasn't a win for Christians.) Then you turn around and try to pretend the problem of the left being biased against Christians doesn't exist WHEN THE CASE ITSELF IS AN EXAMPLE OF BIAS AGAINST RELIGION.
You need to read what I'm actually saying instead of focusing on what you think I am arguing.
I never pretended that there weren't examples of discrimination against Christians.
I am saying that the business anti-discrimination law in and of itself is not discriminating against Christians.

I actually support SCOTUS's ruling as it actually was.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adoption, after, cake, court, fight, gay, looms, ruling, supreme

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0