Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by cnredd 99.9% of ALL television news/interviews is edited...It's completely stupid to show a full 25 minutes of ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:15 PM
ShivaTD's Avatar
Progressive Libertarian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Immigrant to Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,261
Thanks: 1,444
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,761 Posts
Default Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
99.9% of ALL television news/interviews is edited...It's completely stupid to show a full 25 minutes of something when only a minute and a half is relevant...

Side note...I wonder if a full transcript id allowed to be released without video...
There's a difference between editing a video for legitimate reasons to highlight a point and of editing a video to misrepresent the facts for nefarious purposes such as making fraudulent allegations you know to be false. The Center for Medical Progress knew that the unedited video clarified that the costs were merely to cover the handling and shipment of the fetal tissue (completely legal) and did not represent any attempt to profit from the transfer. The intentional deletion of statements by the Planned Parenthood representative that the only charges being imposed were to cover the costs of storage and shipment was nefariously edited out of the Center for Medical Progress (that has no medical staff) so that it could made false claims about Planned Parenthood.
__________________
"I always had a rule, if a restaurant is dirty on the outside, it's dirty on the inside." Donald Trump

"I always had a rule, if the White House is dirty on the inside, it's dirty on the outside." ShivaTD

Based upon the corruption, brutality, inhumanity, immorality, dishonesty, and incompetence of the Trump administration the White House is the dirtiest house in America and there's no known cleanser that with remove the stains of the Trump Administration.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2018, 03:52 PM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,471
Thanks: 9,453
Thanked 5,728 Times in 3,859 Posts
Default Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaTD View Post
There's a difference between editing a video for legitimate reasons to highlight a point and of editing a video to misrepresent the facts for nefarious purposes such as making fraudulent allegations you know to be false. The Center for Medical Progress knew that the unedited video clarified that the costs were merely to cover the handling and shipment of the fetal tissue (completely legal) and did not represent any attempt to profit from the transfer. The intentional deletion of statements by the Planned Parenthood representative that the only charges being imposed were to cover the costs of storage and shipment was nefariously edited out of the Center for Medical Progress (that has no medical staff) so that it could made false claims about Planned Parenthood.
As the testimony from the former Planned parenthood directory i linked to pointed out. There was little ($5 -$10) to ZERO cost for storage, delivery or handling. Sometime the buyers would pick-up the parts themselves. All the parts, whether stored for disposal or sale, where held in the same frig. But the clinics charged upward of $200+per item and varying prices for various body parts.
getting $100 for a $10 item that you'd normally dispose of if it weren't purchased is "profit" by any honest reckoning, not "covering cost".
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2018, 10:00 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,443
Thanks: 10,039
Thanked 15,176 Times in 9,199 Posts
Post Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
99.9% of ALL television news/interviews is edited...It's completely stupid to show a full 25 minutes of something when only a minute and a half is relevant...
Side note...I wonder if a full transcript id allowed to be released without video...
The edited video makes them look like they're guilty of something.
The intent of the people editing the video was to make them look guilty of something. The intent of the edit was to lie.

Again, after that video on "selling baby parts" came out, EVERY STATE INVESTIGATION proved the claim a lie.
EVERY STATE INVESTIGATION


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder
seems this is an example of "moving the goal post" that you often complain about.
You started complaining about us ignoring the illegality of secret recordings, i addressed that so NOW
you move the goal post and say the well "the PRIMARY problem is...!!!!"
This is part of the reason I can't discuss things with you is because you throw honesty to the wind.

The deceitful editing history is part of the reason why these tactics were made illegal.
The deceitful editing history was brought up in my article from my first post on this page.
Planned Parenthood has said the videos were heavily edited to leave a false impression of wrongdoing.
But when I point this out, you lie and claim it's "moving the goalposts".

And without surprise, you once again cut and paste around my questions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
And the real test of the situation is simply this...
Why does the anti-abortion focus habitually present on publishing the video as opposed to legal prosecution???
The answer is obvious. Because the videographers habitually know the deceitful practices involved and they simply want to publish it to inflame dishonest people who do not care about the truth...


So if you are truly interested in what you claim: "exposes murders and/or massive gov't and corporate criminality, war crimes and abuses"
Then what's your take on repeated investigations into Planned Parenthood being shown to reveal absolutely no wrong-doing???
https://www.npr.org/2016/01/28/46459...l-tissue-sales

Let me guess. You don't care about the truth. You only relish the situation that attacks PP regardless of the truthfulness of the accusations...
Please. Prove me wrong...
I'll ask you the same question...
WHY HAS EVERY INVESTIGATION INTO THE FINANCES OF PP FAILED TO TURN UP ANY PROOF OF SELLING BABY PARTS?

The truthful answer is because it never happened.
They didn't "sell" the baby parts. They were compensated for expenses like shipping but solely for that type of stuff.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2018, 10:34 AM
cnredd's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,121
Thanks: 2,056
Thanked 32,830 Times in 19,108 Posts
Default Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

So I'm deceitful and a liar because you'd rather believe the accused...how convenient...

Clinton didn't have sex with that woman Lewinsky....I know, because he said so...

Is it OK if I believe a former employee?...

Former Planned Parenthood Employee: Harvesting Fetal Body Parts Is 'Big Business'
__________________
"You get the respect that you give" - cnredd
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cnredd For This Useful Post:
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2018, 09:09 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,990
Thanks: 8,926
Thanked 9,591 Times in 5,858 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
The edited video makes them look like they're guilty of something.
The intent of the people editing the video was to make them look guilty of something. The intent of the edit was to lie.

Again, after that video on "selling baby parts" came out, EVERY STATE INVESTIGATION proved the claim a lie.
EVERY STATE INVESTIGATION



This is part of the reason I can't discuss things with you is because you throw honesty to the wind.

The deceitful editing history is part of the reason why these tactics were made illegal.
The deceitful editing history was brought up in my article from my first post on this page.
Planned Parenthood has said the videos were heavily edited to leave a false impression of wrongdoing.
But when I point this out, you lie and claim it's "moving the goalposts".

And without surprise, you once again cut and paste around my questions...
I'll ask you the same question...
WHY HAS EVERY INVESTIGATION INTO THE FINANCES OF PP FAILED TO TURN UP ANY PROOF OF SELLING BABY PARTS?

The truthful answer is because it never happened.
They didn't "sell" the baby parts. They were compensated for expenses like shipping but solely for that type of stuff.
PP was inarguably selling body parts from unborn children slaughtered in their abortion mills. To sell something is to exchange it for money. Promiscuous us of bold and big font doesn't disguise the fact PP was selling.

The videos show senior PP executives bargaining to maximize revenue from sales of baby organs. If they were just looking to recover costs the sales price would be nonnegotiable. Instead we see a PP executive refusing to name an opening price because "the first to name a price is a loser" and only half in jest proclaiming she wants a very expensive sports car. These are not products of deceptive editing. They are unambiguous statements of a vendor looking to maximize profit.

The only reliable way to determine if PP was selling the grisly byproduct of its abortion mills for just the cost to produce them is to compare the cost of goods sold COGS to revenue for the product using audited financial statements. The state attornies general simply accepted PP at their word about costs. It was the equivalent of accepting Bernie Madoff's claims that his company was financially sound. The state AG were determined to find PP innocent so they used faith based accounting.

If it's all a big smear by pro life activists then why the rush to court to suppress the videos? Why have the judiciary suppress them instead of producing audited financial statements showing PP only recovered costs? There is no proprietary technology or competitive advantage at risk. But just like the WaPo motto "democracy does in darkness " so do millions of unborn children before their corpses are chopped up and sold by PP.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2018, 09:50 AM
mr wonder's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,471
Thanks: 9,453
Thanked 5,728 Times in 3,859 Posts
Default Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

why haven't they been charged?

Planned Parenthood:
"...Abortions do not cause long term problems, we do not change procedures on the fly without consent to get certain baby parts and we do not "sell" baby parts...."

Cigarette Companies:
"...Our products are not addictive, and there's no conclusive evidence that they cause cancers..."
For some reason for 3 or 4 decades Cigarette Companies never lost a personal injury or class-action lawsuit.
therefore they were telling the truth and completely innocent.
people were just spewing hate filled smears and lying propaganda against these fine corporations and their products.
__________________
Hope is the dream of the waking man.
Aristotle

For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Job 14:6-8
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Kert's Avatar
Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,376
Thanks: 893
Thanked 836 Times in 533 Posts
Default Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

I would not trust PP for anything. JMO. Why are they fighting to block them if there is nothing wrong in them?


The videos should be everyone’s business just due to the fact they receive funds from us the tax payers.
__________________
“I believe that a life lived for music is an existence spent wonderfully, and this is what I’ve dedicated my life to.” Luciano Pavarotti
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kert For This Useful Post:
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2018, 11:29 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,443
Thanks: 10,039
Thanked 15,176 Times in 9,199 Posts
Post Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
So I'm deceitful and a liar because you'd rather believe the accused...how convenient...
Did I actually say that?


But I will say that your question above is an example of you exercising deceit and lying. I never said that.

And the deceit is in the edited video.
But of course, you don't want to talk openly and honestly about what I actually said...


Quote:
Originally Posted by cnredd View Post
By this level of standard, if I quote a RNC member who says that Republicans were using racist tactics, does that prove Republicans are racist???


A disgruntled ex-employee making false claims is nothing new.
Which is why I wanted somebody to show me from the finance books that they were profiting, as people are claiming...

Planned Parenthood has already responded to this person.
https://rewire.news/article/2011/04/...-abby-johnson/


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger
PP was inarguably selling body parts from unborn children slaughtered in their abortion mills.
Then why has EVERY INVESTIGATION OF THESE ALLEGATIONS COME UP EMPTY???
https://rewire.news/article/2015/08/...ng-wrongdoing/
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ton-state-says
https://www.motherjones.com/politics...outh-carolina/

EVEN THE RED STATES can't find real evidence of these claims.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRWinger View Post
The only reliable way to determine if PP was selling the grisly byproduct of its abortion mills for just the cost to produce them is to compare the cost of goods sold COGS to revenue for the product using audited financial statements. The state attornies general simply accepted PP at their word about costs.
The right is incredibly adept at making up B.S. claims that suit their cause.
Not only is this not what happened, PP's records are public enough that if this were actually true right wing resources would have published the proof by now.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2018, 07:55 AM
GetAClue's Avatar
Scholar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,601
Thanks: 3,185
Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,299 Posts
Default Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
But I will say that your question above is an example of you exercising deceit and lying. I never said that.
I find your posts to be intelligently written and usually well reasoned. However, constantly calling everyone that offers a differing opinion is adding nothing to the discussion. You would be wise to look to offer a different point of view rather than resorting to something as childish as calling everyone liars.
__________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post:
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Conservative Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 15,990
Thanks: 8,926
Thanked 9,591 Times in 5,858 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to AZRWinger
Default Re: SCOTUS Blocks Release of More Videos Exposing Planned Parenthood Aborted Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Did I actually say that?


But I will say that your question above is an example of you exercising deceit and lying. I never said that.

And the deceit is in the edited video.
But of course, you don't want to talk openly and honestly about what I actually said...



By this level of standard, if I quote a RNC member who says that Republicans were using racist tactics, does that prove Republicans are racist???


A disgruntled ex-employee making false claims is nothing new.
Which is why I wanted somebody to show me from the finance books that they were profiting, as people are claiming...

Planned Parenthood has already responded to this person.
https://rewire.news/article/2011/04/...-abby-johnson/



Then why has EVERY INVESTIGATION OF THESE ALLEGATIONS COME UP EMPTY???
https://rewire.news/article/2015/08/...ng-wrongdoing/
Planned Parenthood cleared of wrongdoing in key state | TheHill
https://www.motherjones.com/politics...outh-carolina/

EVEN THE RED STATES can't find real evidence of these claims.



The right is incredibly adept at making up B.S. claims that suit their cause.
Not only is this not what happened, PP's records are public enough that if this were actually true right wing resources would have published the proof by now.
Again, PP was selling body parts from unborn children slaughtered in their abortion mills. In your earlier comment you claimed PP was not selling baby parts. Even PP acknowledged they were selling baby parts when they announced they were discontinuing the practice some time ago.

The laws governing the sale of baby body parts to cost recovery. Naturally PP claimed all they did was recover costs despite the fact their executives bargained for maximum prices like any for profit organization. If PP was just seeking to recover costs then what was the purpose of trying to maximize prices through negotiations with buyers? To comply with the law it should have been a simple number, their cost, presented to the buyer. No explanation is offered why instead their executives bargained for maximum prices.

As I pointed out earlier and you edited out in your usual dishonest fashion, PP doesn't release audited financial statements so the state AG so-called investigations based on numbers PP provided them. It is a sham which you never attempt to address, just claim that we ought to accept that PP as the target of the investigation would show us the real numbers.

Enough Republicans voted to continue public funding for PP included in the latest omnibus spending bill to pass it. Yet you claim the AG from red states white washing PP selling baby parts for profit despite their assumed animus towards PP proves their innocence.
__________________
The Democrat's strategy for the Trump Presidency is the same one used by Stalin's secret police chief "show me the man and I will show you the crime."
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZRWinger For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
aborted, baby, blocks, exposing, more, parenthood, planned, release, scotus, videos

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0