Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss LGBT law backlash hurting job search at the Political Forums; North Carolina ex-gov: LGBT law backlash hurting job search Associated Press 4 hours ago Comments Sign in to like Reblog ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-14-2017, 02:14 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,221
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,261 Times in 3,190 Posts
Default LGBT law backlash hurting job search

North Carolina ex-gov: LGBT law backlash hurting job search
Associated Press 4 hours ago
Comments Sign in to like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina's former governor says he's had trouble finding a job, even part-time teaching positions, because of backlash from legislation he signed involving transgender rights.

Pat McCrory said in a recent podcast with God's World Publications in Asheville that some potential employers are reluctant to hire him.

The ex-governor told The News & Observer of Raleigh (HB2 | Former Gov. Pat McCrory on his job search | News & Observer) Monday he's doing consulting and advisory board work but some universities are reluctant to hire him amid fears of student protests.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-car...133535514.html

*winston offers up some cheese to go with this whine*
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2017, 12:27 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,868
Thanks: 9,819
Thanked 14,915 Times in 9,032 Posts
Post Re: LGBT law backlash hurting job search

He should start a GoFundMe page and people will pay him for his prior act...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2017, 10:34 AM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,089
Thanks: 764
Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,024 Posts
Default Re: LGBT law backlash hurting job search

Hardline ideologues like to hold grudges. Hypocrites will be looking to get payback on him the rest of his life for standing up for his priciples.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Shoe For This Useful Post:
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2017, 10:46 AM
Mellon_Collie's Avatar
Species 5618
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eastern Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,417
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,129 Posts
Default Re: LGBT law backlash hurting job search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Hardline ideologues like to hold grudges. Hypocrites will be looking to get payback on him the rest of his life for standing up for his priciples.
You know who else would have had a hard time getting a job after office for standing up for his principles had he survived? ......... Hitler
__________________
They say there is
NO MONEY FOR SCHOOLS, NO MONEY FOR HOMELESS, NO MONEY FOR VETERANS ..

So how is there ALWAY MONEY FOR WAR?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2017, 11:13 AM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,089
Thanks: 764
Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,024 Posts
Default Re: LGBT law backlash hurting job search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellon_Collie View Post
You know who else would have had a hard time getting a job after office for standing up for his principles had he survived? ......... Hitler
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2017, 12:36 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,868
Thanks: 9,819
Thanked 14,915 Times in 9,032 Posts
Default Re: LGBT law backlash hurting job search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Hardline ideologues like to hold grudges.
Hypocrites will be looking to get payback on him the rest of his life for standing up for his priciples.[/QUOTE]
Explain how there is any hypocrisy here...
The truth is there is not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
No.
Association fallacy would be if MC's point were that McRory were like Hitler. That wasn't what was done.
What was done was to use your specious reasoning on another subject.

To try to simplify it for you, your comment on "standing up for his priciples (sic)" is meaninglessly vague. And for you, it has to be in order to justify that it ignores the actual principle involved.
Hitler was standing up for his principles.
Jesus was standing up for his principles.
That puts McRory somewhere inbetween Hitler and Jesus. And when one realizes how meaningless that assessment is, it leads to a recognition that your attempted argument of "standing up for his priciples (sic)" is likewise meaningless.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 03-18-2017 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foundit66 For This Useful Post:
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2017, 12:58 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,221
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,261 Times in 3,190 Posts
Default Re: LGBT law backlash hurting job search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Hardline ideologues like to hold grudges. Hypocrites will be looking to get payback on him the rest of his life for standing up for his priciples.
What you are asking is for other people to give up their principles. Now then were he to publicly renounce his homophobic ways that would be different. In the mean time he can go dig ditches were his homophobia has no impact on the job.
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2017, 03:07 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,089
Thanks: 764
Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,024 Posts
Default Re: LGBT law backlash hurting job search

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Explain how there is any hypocrisy here...
The truth is there is not.
The left claims to espouse tolerance, freedom of ideas, and democracy. But they jump to punish people for these things showing that they don't REALLY believe in what they espouse when it comes to other viewpoints, or when it doesn't go their way. . It's not like we haven't seen this sort of thing from the left before, particularly when it comes to LGBT-related issues: such as the groups pushing for PI information to be released about people who had donated and/or voted for Prop 8, a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
No.
Don't be ridiculous--just because something is not DIRECT doesn't mean it isn't an outlandish comparison. Any comparison on pretty much any level to Hitler is beyond the pale. That's the real reason people tend to MAKE the comparison to begin with. . At the very least, it was another example of Godwin's law.
Anyway, you've decided to derail another thread haven't you? Because if your history is any indicator, you'll now spend countless posts here arguing more about this than what the thread is about.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???

Last edited by Joe Shoe; 03-18-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Shoe For This Useful Post:
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2017, 06:54 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,868
Thanks: 9,819
Thanked 14,915 Times in 9,032 Posts
Default Re: LGBT law backlash hurting job search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
The left claims to espouse tolerance, freedom of ideas, and democracy.

"freedom of ideas" has nothing to do with this. The idea is free. Freedom implies avoiding GOVERNMENTAL repercussions, not PRIVATE repercussions.
Like Freedom of Speech means the government cannot punish you for your speech. An employer may fire your butt for saying it though... Freedom of speech has NEVER meant that a private employer can't reject you for what you say.

"democracy" has nothing to do with this. We're talking private job search.

"tolerance"...
The right keeps pretending that they dictate what the left believes regarding "tolerance". They don't.
I don't know of anybody on the left who believes in absolute tolerance. By your approach, why don't we talk about "tolerance" of thieves? Is that a violation of left-wing ideals?


It's a boring strawman.

By comparison, it's like saying that Christians "hate the sin, love the sinner".
Thus I get to define what that means. And therefore any action against a sinner is demonstrated to be a violation of their code.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Don't be ridiculous--just because something is not DIRECT doesn't mean it isn't an outlandish comparison.
You're pulling this thing you do where you quote only part of my response in order to further a strawman attack.
It's not a comparison between Hitler and McRory.
It's talking about YOUR ARGUMENT and how "standing up for his principles" is a woefully inadequate argument.

Association fallacy would be if MC's point were that McRory were like Hitler. That wasn't what was done.
What was done was to use your specious reasoning on another subject.

To try to simplify it for you, your comment on "standing up for his priciples (sic)" is meaninglessly vague. And for you, it has to be in order to justify that it ignores the actual principle involved.
Hitler was standing up for his principles.
Jesus was standing up for his principles.
That puts McRory somewhere inbetween Hitler and Jesus. And when one realizes how meaningless that assessment is, it leads to a recognition that your attempted argument of "standing up for his priciples (sic)" is likewise meaningless.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Anyway, you've decided to derail another thread haven't you? Because if your history is any indicator, you'll now spend countless posts here arguing more about this than what the thread is about.
I'm talking directly about what you said.
But you claim I'm "derailing".
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 03-18-2017 at 07:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2017, 10:00 PM
winston53660's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,221
Thanks: 1,853
Thanked 4,261 Times in 3,190 Posts
Default Re: LGBT law backlash hurting job search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
The left claims to espouse tolerance, freedom of ideas, and democracy. But they jump to punish people for these things showing that they don't REALLY believe in what they espouse when it comes to other viewpoints, or when it doesn't go their way. .
Not getting a job is a punishment now?
__________________
Originally Posted by TiredRetired View Post
Damn shame it couldn't have been a father / son event. IMHO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
backlash, hurting, job, law, lgbt, search

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0