Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss Supreme Court Strikes Down Strict Texas Abortion Law at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by Joe Shoe And so again, the question to you following THAT up (which you didn't answer either) ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2016, 11:08 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,608
Thanks: 10,108
Thanked 15,284 Times in 9,267 Posts
Default Re: Supreme Court Strikes Down Strict Texas Abortion Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
And so again, the question to you following THAT up (which you didn't answer either) was if these standards would be applied to other clinics too, would you then accept this higher standard of care for abortion clinics as part of that? If your answer is still no then your argument is vacuous and hypocritical.
I've already answered this.
1) The argument on the disparity would be satisfied. THAT argument provides a "yes" to your question.
2) The fact that these requirements bring about no demonstrable health / safety gain would not be satisfied. It shuts down clinics while providing no demonstrable health / safety gain. Your question is a non-sequitur to this argument.
There's more than one reason why this legislation is crap.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
And so why do you think it would it close down the clinic?
I have no time to entertain your willful ignorance.
As I have already pointed out in this thread, MANY clinics in Texas WERE CLOSED due to this legislation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Oh believe me, if you actually ...
And there is that predictable Joe Shoe obfuscation.
I was pointing out YOUR hypocrisy.
And instead of addressing it, you ignore that and try to make me the argument.
How do you explain YOUR hypocrisy on this issue?

I have talked to you in the past regarding surgeons simply washing their hands and you have indicated you did not want governmental involvement enforcing that
That you wanted the freakin' free market to be the factor on that.

But on this issue (abortion), you want to encourage governmental involvement with no demonstrable benefit.
Why the hypocrisy on your part?
(Rhetorical question. We both know you want to shut down abortion clinics with b.s. arguments.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
... want the free market to be the only support for abortion clinics, I'd be the first to be for that. (rather than tax-supported abortion a la Planned Parenthood.) So no, your silly attempt to find something hypocrtical that didn't work, but nice try. But we both know you aren't really for that at despite your argument here.
The problem is your hair-brained diversion holds no water.
I never claimed I was for pure free market.
I am okay with regulation as long as it makes sense.
As I pointed out above, this legislation makes no sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
It 'passed' but was overturned. That's what I meant.
Gawd Joe.
Are you incapable of admitting a mistake?
You said "attempted to be passed".
And now you want to pretend that "attempted to be passed" meant "'passed' but was overturned"???



Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Dude, you give yourself WAAAAY too much credit if you think your arguments are worth 'bluffing' over.
My arguments have nothing to do with the reason you bluff.
You try to pretend you're something you're not. Has nothing to do with me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
So let me get this straight--you wouldn't WANT your doctor to have admitting privileges in the case of
Unfinished sentence.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
You thought wrong. There is PLENTY out there non-abortion-related that shows why admitting privileges are a good thing.
And again you move the goal-posts.
I'm not asking why admitting privileges are a good thing.
I'm asking you to show WHY THEY SHOULD BE REQUIRED for abortion clinics. NONE of your links explain the actual challenge raised.

And again, we're back to YOUR HYPOCRISY on the issue.
In the past, you have INSISTED that we should not require surgeons to wash their hands. That the free market should sort it out.
HOW can you go from proclaiming that we cannot require surgeons to wash their hands, and instead now admitting privileges be a requirement for abortion clinics?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
These examples bring up another point ... isn't it interesting that, in almost every OTHER type of medical care, it is considered a GOOD thing for a practitioner to have admitting priveleges.
But not abortion providers ... Nooooo ...
Good thing is not the same as required thing.
As I pointed out, why is it just abortion clinics then which are having this requirement imposed on them?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Like I said, for you all, quantity trumps quality.
You repeatedly show NO DEMONSTRABLE BENEFIT.
How many women's lives will be saved?
How many women's lives will be improved in what way?
You throw out nebulous comments with NO demonstrated benefit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Meh. Pro-choicers tend to think everything is a trap law. No one is going to be suprised you liked Ginsburg's take, as she is one of the most liberal members of the court.
Funny. I could say the same about pro-gun rights people who think everything is a trap...


It was imposed SOLELY on abortion clinics.
And you haven't been able to demonstrate the benefit. If there was a benefit, shouldn't SOMEBODY have done the research ahead of time to prove it?
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by foundit66; 07-05-2016 at 01:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
abortion, court, down, law, strict, strikes, supreme, texas

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0