Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by loboloco Actually, the judge has a point. BY voiding state marriage law, in the case of same ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2015, 03:13 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Default Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by loboloco View Post
Actually, the judge has a point. BY voiding state marriage law, in the case of same sex marriage, the SCOTUS has invalidated all other marriage law at the state level.
No. It hasn't.
It's sad that all over this country EVERY OTHER JUDGE GETS IT.
But this guy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello
Nothing like giving the middle finger from jail.

Jailed Kentucky clerk says issued marriage licenses to gay couples void | Fox News

I find it funny that libs bash this woman, claiming she should do her job, yet don't give a f*ck city officials in these sanctuary cities turn a blind f*ckin' eye to illegal immigrants and let them stay.
It's not like you're honest enough to admit it, but to some degree I appreciate your point.

On another level, state and city governments are bound to enforce state and city laws. If there is a federal law on immigration it's not their responsibility to enforce it.

It's also not their job to hinder the federal law either though.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,035
Thanks: 468
Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,403 Posts
Default Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
No. It hasn't.
It's sad that all over this country EVERY OTHER JUDGE GETS IT.
.
Yes, it has, By invalidating the marriage law, which, in Kentucky, only applied to heterosexuals, the SCOTUS has invalidated all other marriage law because it applies only to heterosexuals.
The fact that every other judge is willing to ignore his/her constitutional duties has zero bearing on the facts.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loboloco For This Useful Post:
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 01:51 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Post Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by loboloco View Post
Yes, it has, By invalidating the marriage law, which, in Kentucky, only applied to heterosexuals, the SCOTUS has invalidated all other marriage law because it applies only to heterosexuals.
The fact that every other judge is willing to ignore his/her constitutional duties has zero bearing on the facts.
ROFLMAO!
So, ONE judge doesn't know what to do...

But every other judge who understands the situation...
THEY are the ones "ignoring their constitutional duties"????


Some arguments are just too absurd for words.
All you're doing is encouraging a temper tantrum cause things aren't going your way.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Oftencold's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,936
Thanks: 11,660
Thanked 9,718 Times in 6,203 Posts
Default Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
ROFLMAO!
So, ONE judge doesn't know what to do...

But every other judge who understands the situation...
THEY are the ones "ignoring their constitutional duties"????


Some arguments are just too absurd for words.
All you're doing is encouraging a temper tantrum cause things aren't going your way.
Isn't that the way that Leftists so famously judge shop until they find one depraved jurist who will rule in favor of whatever unpopular nonsense they're supporting at the moment?
__________________
“Quod scripsi, scripsi"

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣

“Serpent's breath, charm of death and life, thy omen of making!”
Or if you're a traditionalist,
“Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha!”
And children, say it like you mean it!

╠═════════════════════════════════════╣
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Scholar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,035
Thanks: 468
Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,403 Posts
Default Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
ROFLMAO!
So, ONE judge doesn't know what to do...

But every other judge who understands the situation...
THEY are the ones "ignoring their constitutional duties"????


Some arguments are just too absurd for words.
All you're doing is encouraging a temper tantrum cause things aren't going your way.
Actually, no. You should quit trying to read minds because you suck at it. By striking down the marriage law in Kentucky, (please note I didn't indicate other states), the SCOTUS invalidated all of Kentucky's state laws pertaining to marriage. This includes, but isn't limited to, divorce decrees. I don't especially like it, but I am able, unlike you, to recognize a constitutional problem when it is presented.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loboloco For This Useful Post:
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Hairy Jello's Avatar
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,554
Thanks: 1,966
Thanked 13,222 Times in 8,283 Posts
Default Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
On another level, state and city governments are bound to enforce state and city laws. If there is a federal law on immigration it's not their responsibility to enforce it.
I know, it's "different" when lib officials ignore laws.

Do you type with a straight face or are you laughing your ass off and saying, "Holy f*ck I hope there's someone dumb enough to believe this partisan, left wing garbage that's completely void of logic" as you hit "Submit Reply?"

Bottom line is conservative officials are jailed when they don't follow the law and lib officials don't have jack-f*ck done to them for turning a blind eye and blatantly ignoring federal law. Period. Debate over. No amount of eye rolls will win you this argument.
__________________

Not an accurate representation of a white person.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairy Jello For This Useful Post:
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 08:53 PM
MrLiberty's Avatar
professional curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,506
Thanks: 21,953
Thanked 18,613 Times in 11,939 Posts
Default Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

The reason libs like f66 are peeing their pants with glee over this is because they love centralized government. They hate it when any one from the states, no matter which state says no to them. The libs won't be happy until the 10th amendment has been repealed altogether, so they can tell everyone what to do.
__________________
Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.

Donald Trump
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrLiberty For This Useful Post:
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Lumara's Avatar
Belly Dance Queen
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Great Smoky Mountains
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,267
Thanks: 4,780
Thanked 4,219 Times in 2,019 Posts
Default Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

The Tennessee judge who denied a divorce for a straight couple strikes me as an anti-gay-marriage bigot who is using the power of his position to throw an extremely petty and juvenile temper tantrum. That's how it struck me as soon as I heard about it.
__________________
If you're not allowed to question it, it's not science. It's propoganda.

"Wokeness gives people a shield to be mean and cruel, armored in false virtue." - Elon Musk

"What you want to do is appropriate women, you want to appropriate womanhood and turn it into basically a costume that could be worn!" - Matt Walsh to trans activist
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lumara For This Useful Post:
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2015, 03:32 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Default Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
Isn't that the way that Leftists so famously judge shop until they find one depraved jurist who will rule in favor of whatever unpopular nonsense they're supporting at the moment?
And "Rightists" never do that, do they ...


Quote:
Originally Posted by loboloco View Post
Actually, no. You should quit trying to read minds because you suck at it. By striking down the marriage law in Kentucky, (please note I didn't indicate other states), the SCOTUS invalidated all of Kentucky's state laws pertaining to marriage.
No. They did not.
Please quote SCOTUS where they "invalidated all of Kentucky's state laws pertaining to marriage".
(Hint: you can't do it...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
I know, it's "different" when lib officials ignore laws.
Again, what I say doesn't really matter to you. I appreciate some liberals have hypocrisy on the issue.
Just like some conservatives have hypocrisy on this issue.

My own personal opinion on "sanctuary" areas has been given to you before.
I won't hold my breath for you to honestly acknowledge it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Jello View Post
Bottom line is conservative officials are jailed when they don't follow the law and lib officials don't have jack-f*ck done to them for turning a blind eye and blatantly ignoring federal law.

There's a difference inbetween violating the 14th amendment and simply refusing to enforce federal laws that it isn't their job to enforce.

Kim Davis violated the 14th amendment.
If any liberal person said "I refuse to give Christians marriage licenses cause I have a religion that objects to Christianity", then have that case hauled in front of a court and toss their butt in jail too.

With sanctuary cities, essentially we have state government people saying they are refusing to enforce federal law. And that act does not violate people's civil rights.
That's the difference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiberty
The reason libs like f66 are ...
You haven't one microscopic clue of what my opinion is, even when I tell it to you.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2015, 03:33 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,620
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,316 Times in 9,287 Posts
Default Re: Tennessee judge denies straight couple divorce, citing gay marriage ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumara View Post
The Tennessee judge who denied a divorce for a straight couple strikes me as an anti-gay-marriage bigot who is using the power of his position to throw an extremely petty and juvenile temper tantrum. That's how it struck me as soon as I heard about it.
EXACTLY THIS
How is it that every other state judge gets it, but this one acts stupid?
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
citing, couple, denies, divorce, gay, judge, marriage, ruling, straight, tennessee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0