Political Wrinkles  

Go Back   Political Wrinkles > Political Forums > Civil Rights & Abortion
Register FAQDonate PW Store PW Trivia Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Civil Rights & Abortion Discuss Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights at the Political Forums; Originally Posted by foundit66 Did I say "No one responds on that"? No. Calm down. I'm just pointing out that ...

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,218
Thanks: 822
Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Did I say "No one responds on that"?
No.
Calm down. I'm just pointing out that Christians here have responded on this, despite your implications.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2013, 05:08 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,619
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,307 Times in 9,279 Posts
Default Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Calm down. I'm just pointing out that Christians here have responded on this, despite your implications.
Again with these stupid, pointless lies of yours.
I didn't claim no one responded.

I said they were disregarded.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,218
Thanks: 822
Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
I didn't claim no one responded.

I said they were disregarded.
Fair enough; I'm just pointing out they DON'T get disregarded in the instances where I've seen the issue come up, because I speak out against him MYSELF.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2013, 05:24 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,619
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,307 Times in 9,279 Posts
Post Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Fair enough; I'm just pointing out they DON'T get disregarded in the instances where I've seen the issue come up, because I speak out against him MYSELF.
Next time, do you think you could simply say "I don't disregard Robertson's idiocy" (or something along those lines)?
That would get your message across without this apparent need from you to try to distort what I said to argue against me.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,218
Thanks: 822
Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Next time, do you think you could simply say "I don't disregard Robertson's idiocy" (or something along those lines)?
That would get your message across without this apparent need from you to try to distort what I said to argue against me.
What you said was "But when I've pointed this out in the past, it gets disregarded." Next time do you think you could simply say "But when I've pointed this out in the past, sometimes it gets disregarded." That would get your message across without this apparent need from you to try to ignore cases where what you say HASN'T been the case.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2013, 04:03 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,619
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,307 Times in 9,279 Posts
Default Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
What you said was "But when I've pointed this out in the past, it gets disregarded." Next time do you think you could simply say "But when I've pointed this out in the past, sometimes it gets disregarded." That would get your message across without this apparent need from you to try to ignore cases where what you say HASN'T been the case.
What I said was accurate as it was.
What you said was a stupid misrepresentation of my words. Which I have come to recognize you will do regardless of how carefully I phrase my wording.

As for the truth of your assessment on your words, even then it's false.
When I've pointed out Robertson's nonsense in the past, you attempted to disregard them by claiming he was a "a fringe leader within Christianity".

If you want to show how you think you DID "regard" my words, then please quote yourself.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,218
Thanks: 822
Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
What I said was accurate as it was.
What you said was a stupid misrepresentation of my words. Which I have come to recognize you will do regardless of how carefully I phrase my wording.

As for the truth of your assessment on your words, even then it's false.
When I've pointed out Robertson's nonsense in the past, you attempted to disregard them by claiming he was a "a fringe leader within Christianity".
That is not mutually exclusive to the reality that Robertson is wrong and shouldn't make such statements. He IS a fringe leader (who happens to have a lot of money so he can afford to buy attention, basically).
When it's all said and done, you're not going to get away with your generalization. That's the bottom line here.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2013, 10:25 PM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,619
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,307 Times in 9,279 Posts
Default Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
That is not mutually exclusive to the reality that Robertson is wrong and shouldn't make such statements.
It was actually clearly an example of somebody else who was disregarding the example I was posing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
He IS a fringe leader (who happens to have a lot of money so he can afford to buy attention, basically).
He has one of the largest followings in the Christian sect.
That's not sect.

By your standards, EVERY CHRISTIAN PASTOR would be a "fringe" leader...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
When it's all said and done, you're not going to get away with your generalization. That's the bottom line here.
The really stupid thing about this is I was never generalizing.
But again, you were too quick to jump to conclusions to recognize I was NOT generalizing in the first place.
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2013, 11:42 PM
Joe Shoe's Avatar
PW Enlightenment
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,218
Thanks: 822
Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,079 Posts
Default Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
It was actually clearly an example of somebody else who was disregarding the example I was posing. He has one of the largest followings in the Christian sect.
That's not sect.
That doesn't mean he isn't fringe. Most people don't abide by the vitriol he holds to on certain statements. Do you have any stats on percentage of Christianity that consider him a legitimate leader? If not, then you really don't have a case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
By your standards, EVERY CHRISTIAN PASTOR would be a "fringe" leader...
Not at all, as most pastors don't take the positions he does, so publicly.
__________________
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand???
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2013, 01:03 AM
foundit66's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,619
Thanks: 10,112
Thanked 15,307 Times in 9,279 Posts
Default Re: Iowa Democrats Pray for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
That doesn't mean he isn't fringe.
My point is clearly that by the standard you previously espoused, EVERY PREACHER would be considered fringe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Most people don't abide by the vitriol he holds to on certain statements. Do you have any stats on percentage of Christianity that consider him a legitimate leader? If not, then you really don't have a case here.
I know compared to the vast majority of other Christian congregations, it's much larger.
You don't generate those levels of $$$ millions without a significant following.


And back to the point, you are proving my point by disregarding Robertson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shoe View Post
Not at all, as most pastors don't take the positions he does, so publicly.
Do you consider him "fringe" because he doesn't match your belief system (which is a meaningless standard) or do you consider him "fringe" based on follower statistics?

Obviously, you're trying to change your story...
__________________
“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
~Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
abortion, democrats, for, iowa, pray, rights

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0