Old 09-08-2020, 07:41 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 6,474 Times in 3,708 Posts
Default Re: Mask Up and Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
I used to be a mask debunker.
Not now.
Since August 24, we have lost 13 people to covid at the healthcare facility where I work.
GetAClue and Gordon more than likely know about that, since they are pretty close to my area.
Covid is real.
It's sneaky.
It's vicious.
As a nurse I can tell you this has not been fun.
Lollie, I have NEVER said that Covid wasn't real and deadly serious. My contention is that a simple cloth mask is not going to prevent the spread. I do feel for you and those around you and hope that the worst is behind us.

If I felt that wearing a mask would stop Covid in it's tracks, I would be out there pushing everyone to wear one. As someone that nearly died a few years back from the flu, I can attest to how serious these things can be. However, as simple paper or cloth mask is not going to stop a virus that is about 1 micron in size. An N95 mask protects down to 3 microns and is your best defense if you can get a hold of them. But a paper or cloth mask is like trying to container a swarm of mosquitoes with a split rail fence.

I will however, pray for you and your co workers as this thing runs its course. Stay safe!

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post: