View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 06:34 AM
PW Enlightenment

Thanked 6,448 Times in 3,692 Posts
Default Re: Political Cartoon Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wonder View Post
You mean like quarantining healthy people to their homes?
Are we saying that's something illegal?
I'd agree.
But i'd be fine with protesting in front of a home on the public sidewalk or even IN the street.
However blocking someone IN their home or yard I'd consider criminal.
But something like that is not really what either of us was talking about though.
It is exactly what we are talking about. What difference is it if you are blocking from leaving your driveway or blocked on the highway. Either way, you are at the mercy of the crowd. It is wrong regardless of the location.

Quote:
As far as what my, your and our rights are when it comes to literally inconveniences and delays. Rather than outright HARM, I think the lines are blurred and "the law" and authorities makes are in fact arbitrary in enforcement.
While enforcement may in fact be arbitrary, depending upon the whims and political decisions by those in charge, in either case it is a matter of some people ignoring the rights of others to exercise their rights. Again, I don't get to trample on your rights to exercise mine.

Quote:
here's the question, Is the right to protest by default subject to what someone feels is their "right" to ride down a certain road at a certain time every morning?
It is more than a feeling, it is protected by our Constitution. It doesn't matter for what purpose that I wish to ride down a road, it is my right to do so. And you exercising your right to protest does not supersede my right of freedom of movement.

Quote:
Or do the the 2 rights conflict and does it allow for ACCOMMODATION?
Accommodation is part of our legal process and frankly human kindness that simply realizes that, occasionally, we all may have to make some space for others to exercise their rights.
Sure it does. Accommodation says that people on foot are free to speak their minds on the sidewalk, in a park, in front of City Hall or wherever people generally gather ON FOOT. The highway is reserved for those traveling by vehicle to get from point A to point B. It is NOT to accommodate someone with a grievance that wants to inconvenience me or my neighbor in an effort to support their cause.

And I cannot believe I have to point this out, but by these actions, they are actually turning people like me away from their cause. Why should I support a group that claims to be against LEO's breaking the law by breaking the law in an effort to disrupt my life to get your point across? That seems counter productive.

A lie doesn't become truth, a wrong doesn't become right, and Evil doesn't become good, just because it is accepted by the majority. - Booker T Washington
The Following User Says Thank You to GetAClue For This Useful Post: